Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How can I keep up with dank memes?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ I did that to my friend twice in one day one time, he fell for it both times.

First time was in the car, I asked him if it smelled like burning coolant to him.

Second was in Walmart, he was looking at shoes to buy for his gf.  I said, "this is weird, do these shoes smell like they've already been worn to you?"

I dunno why anyone would want to try to smell shoes that they think might smell like they've been worn, but he did.  I hate walmart.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 3
2 hours ago, Mercer said:

Please tell this story. This is awesome.

Seth Gerszberg, co-founder of Ecko... He was at a restaurant in Europe with a friend and saw a guy come in that was clearly a big deal. His friend explained to him that the dude was some sort of high power real estate mogul so Seth asked his friend for an intro. His friend had zero relationship with dude and only knew him because the dude was pretty famous. Think something along the lines of you at a nice restaurant and recognizing Elon Musk come in for dinner with his entourage. Anyhow, he finally introduces himself and tries to make a quick impression, which I suppose in his own mind he did. So anyways, the following week, Seth goes to their primary office, which is in the same town with the intent of bum rushing a meeting to get a job. Instead, the guy was traveling so he told the guys secretary that he was supposed to come in and start a job working directly for the guy. Nobody questioned it and they hook him up with an office and the basics and Seth proceeds to navigate his way through being productive by simply having huge balls, a huge ego, zero fear and the ambition to make shit happen. A few weeks later the guy is back from traveling and by this point, Seth is already making progress at whatever he was doing. Suppose he was thinking outside the box and since he had no defined role, he submerged himself with every aspect of the company and found areas where he could make an impact. The guy was so impressed by the brass balls Seth had, that he hired him on and let him continue what he'd been doing. Eventually they became super close and the dude became a sort of mentor / father figure to Seth. Later down the road, Seth would use all he learned there and leverage relationships and insight to make a shit ton of money buying relics and reclaiming stuff out of churches throughout western Europe that were being demolished or updated. Supposedly that's where his money came from that helped launch Ecko Unlimited along with Marc Ecko and his sister Marcy. 

Seth was a like a living hurricane when he came into the room. He was super brash, got on tangents and had few (if any) barriers or limits defined in his life. Most people were scared of him since dude had a personality that wouldn't fit in the room he was in and when he walked out, most people would actually be physically exhausted. He was known to get loud as shit and one time in a meeting for Complex with CEO Rich Antoinello, these guys went out to such a degree that the whole room had to be emptied out cause they were screaming in each others faces. Eventually he told Rich he could have the budget he was asking for if he could beat Seth in a wrestling match. They literally wrestled on the board room table. Anyhow, the stories about Seth are legendary and those days at Ecko were formative for sure. Dude was a maniac. I remember him calling incessantly at like 3am because he had some new brilliant idea.

• Props 7
  • LOL! 1
8 minutes ago, misteraven said:

Anyhow, he finally introduces himself and tries to make a quick impression, which I suppose in his own mind he did. So anyways, the following week, Seth goes to their primary office, which is in the same town with the intent of bum rushing a meeting to get a job. Instead, the guy was traveling so he told the guys secretary that he was supposed to come in and start a job working directly for the guy. Nobody questioned it and they hook him up with an office and the basics and Seth proceeds to navigate his way through being productive by simply having huge balls, a huge ego, zero fear and the ambition to make shit happen.

This is the exact plot of a Seinfeld ep

• Truth 1
  • LOL! 3