Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dirty_habiT

How can I keep up with dank memes?

My 21 year old brother sent this to me the other day.  The video has 1.2M views in ~1mo of uploading.  I'm sure some of you have seen this already.

• Props 2

My kid follows some meme subreddit that is like an endless rabbit hole of these things. Guess these are like the modern day comic book. Except not.

• LOL! 1

Posted (edited)

r/dankmemes is what Raven is talking about. Most of the dankest ones originate from 4chan then leak to reddit, the opportunistic IG meme accounts get em at that point and then they end up at the bottom of the barrel on FB.

Edited by Kults

@KultsThis sort of sparks something that occurred to me this weekend based upon a conversation I had.

Its interesting to note that the origin of social media actually isn't so much forums like 12oz or reddit, but rather the Hot or Not website. I remember that this sparked a bunch of great threads on 12oz, including Smash or Trash that lives on to this day. But the idea of a consumable content that has just enough interaction to be easy for anyone and "sticky" definitely started with that. If you look at the history of Facebook, it actually began as a college version of that very same site before turning into an online directory, which later became a messaging system and then a social network.

Pretty crazy when you think about how massive a thing it is, but when you break it down to its core, that's all it really is.

People double tapping photos...

Screen Shot 2018-07-30 at 10.27.56 AM.png

• Truth 1

Great point. It evolved to the point of de-evolution. i think the format we have here is the perfect middle ground. You can select what to see and you aren't inundated with pics of peoples private lives or vapid personal crap. You can engage with more than a double click though which is nice.

The last "memes" I saw were a continuous stream of sadfrog.jpg + stupid text being posted by trump supporters & trolls alike while saying THIS IS A MEME HAHA, which completely wrecked the value of sadfrog.jpg as a reaction by itself.

The old ways were the best (THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST)

1.JPG.deaa9a1d4f84e7519ad5606beb3a9cd4.JPG

2.thumb.JPG.bda5800bca5bc18d6a8e8ef0391e3af3.JPG

3.thumb.JPG.94f646468e3d1af890773b710a17a900.JPG

6.JPG.3000b2a36897c71b01bf51b0ea54e267.JPG

7.JPG.37bb990a68b59c51479234361235a4a6.JPG

8.thumb.JPG.b962bb7505bf56d4ddd35dee823ab51e.JPG

12.JPG.c116f921b008e1c69d198eaa1c6d0a49.JPG

13.JPG.d30201b8ecdbb9cfc015d1e0faf70def.JPG

14.thumb.JPG.c344d7718e660eebb04face4127dac35.JPG

10.JPG

• Props 1
  • LOL! 2

Posted (edited)

Left cant meme

E: Sorry couldn't help myself. For real though, can we keep Politics out of this?This isn't reddit

Edited by Kults
  • LOL! 1

I hate that Pepe the frog was politicized. 

INAPPROPRIATE RESPONDER has a fucking archive of them shits I swear 

• LOL! 1

This is probably embarrassing to write but the only way i keep up with memes is following Pewdiepie on YouTube who posts meme reviews and things. 

• LOL! 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, freakeenyc said:

This is probably embarrassing to write but the only way i keep up with memes is following Pewdiepie on YouTube who posts meme reviews and things. 

By the time they get to him they’re yesterdays news. Check https://www.reddit.com/r/dankmemes/ man

This week's winner lol

SSB8QQjQ2uflBZy6mCp0F8LYdtmGsk_7-9oyvzry6T0.jpg

Edited by Kults
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, freakeenyc said:

i hear that dude/chicks name all the time and have no idea who/what it is. i assumed it was a gamer but haven't really come across it on my own. 

i havent bothered searching it out cause it seems like theres always hate associated with it.

He's a british gamer / let's play / reviewer type person (or something) that's "edgy" for whatever value of edgy will let 12 year old girls watch him without their parents bitching too much.     Basically another youtube attention whore.  Anything that ends up on youtube as a meme (with an exception for the rare case where the  video itself  was the meme)  was beaten to death on the chans a year earlier and again 6 months later on reddit. 

• Truth 1

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now