Post your whip ??‍♀️

SukiSukiNow

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

First time posting pics on the new format, don't think we're supposed to use imgur and whatnot now so sorry if I screw it up.

Pic# 1 is the workshop, Pic #2 is the workhorse, a 2013 Trek Remedy 9. A really great bike but it's in the shit at the moment as I ripped a hole in the rear tyre, a $60 Ardent that still had 75% tread on it, as I was hitting some trails on the way to work and the hole was too big for the silicon to plug. As I was trying to fix that I also noticed that a pedal that had developed play was stripping the spindle - NFI how or why but I'm now up for some new pedals as well. That's about a $200 day right there.

Pic #3 is a Cannondale 1FG. You may have seen me post this under another username around 07-08. I took that bike to China with me when I lived there for a while and did more laps around Tiananmen square than I can remember on that thing. Was single speed for 8 years but at 45 my knees are getting more and more delicate by the year so it has gears now and is relegated to bike path commuting duties when I get up late and don't have time to take a detour on the trails.

Pic #4 is my sentimental fav, a Cannondale Chase. Rode it as a trail bike, commuter, street bike, dirt jumping, downhill, you name it. This thing is fucking bombproof. I'm about to bring it out of retirement for pump track duties soon.

Pic #5 is a DH bike I bought, rebuilt and sold without ever riding it. It was a bargain but in all reality too small for me. Didn't lose any money so easy come easy go.

workshop.jpg

Trek.jpg

1FG.jpg

Chase.jpg

Commencal.jpg

• Like 2

1) My hard tail Giant Talon, alloy.  This one gets very neglected.  I should get it out to the trails a bit more but its so much easier to just ride my roadie.

2) Cannondale Synapse alloy w/ 105 groupo.  Bought this bike used as I was getting into cycling.  It's now relegated to my basement where it sits on an indoor trainer and I use it to Zwift because where I live we have snow for 5-6 months of the year.

3) My BMC RoadMachine 02.  Full carbon frame with 3T Discus pro alloy wheels and ultegra di2 group.  My wife has no idea how much I spent on this bike and I'd like to keep it that way.

4) Just for fun I'll include my work whip.

54749553446__963B5694-DFDB-4A87-AD83-F3D6FB0DC930.JPG

IMG_1096.JPG

IMG_2225.JPG

IMG_2227.JPG

IMG_2351.JPG

• Like 2

On 7/21/2018 at 10:51 PM, misteraven said:

You can attach directly with this system. Helps the page load faster since it’s cached differently and will insure no broken images in the future. 

Fresh setup man!

Thanks, the rug really ties the room together.

• 3 months later...

Not the best photos, but this is the road racing machine. Custom paint by Poseur Sport (no longer exist, but you can see some of their work here), wheels from HiFi, limited edition tape by Manual for Speed. I've updated the saddle to one of those Specialized Power saddles, and I've cut down the fork steerer tube so it's not sticking out above the stem... which bugged the crap out of me. 

I've also got a SAGE titanium PDX for cyclocross racing, and a Giant Anthem 27.5 for MTB riding and racing. I kinda want a hard tail MTB but I think if I bring home another bike my wife might freak out. 

Screen Shot 2018-10-31 at 11.58.00 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-31 at 11.58.23 AM.png

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

So I’m unsure on how to start a new thread in here, but over this winter I am planning to build a track bike and start racing at my local velodrome. Problem is my indecisiveness on the frame I should go with. Was wondering if anyone here has any track racing experience/guidance to pass along so I can equip myself properly and also not waste money on a poor quality frame. There’s so many options now it’s hard to weed out the trash from the quality.

• 1 year later...
On 11/3/2019 at 4:39 PM, Dark_Knight said:

So I’m unsure on how to start a new thread in here, but over this winter I am planning to build a track bike and start racing at my local velodrome. Problem is my indecisiveness on the frame I should go with. Was wondering if anyone here has any track racing experience/guidance to pass along so I can equip myself properly and also not waste money on a poor quality frame. There’s so many options now it’s hard to weed out the trash from the quality.

What did you end up getting?

I just got my road bike all fixed and ready to ride again (my heart will always belong to fixed tho).

• 3 months later...