Remember that time I shattered my spine while posting on the forum

TreSixO

I was posting on this shit and fell through a balcony rail.

Yall chipped in to buy me a dope ass ostrich leather Pimp cane (which I still have) and smoked me out at the westin after I got outta Mass general. DOS and Chupa and a few others came thru. I love yall for that. 

• Like 6
  • Props 3

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Actually yeah I'm good now - I was in a body cast for like 9 months and had to re learn to walk. I had to learn a bunch of crazy body compensation shit -  like I don't hold my upper torso up with my back anymore it's all done with my core and abdominal. I was a test market case for big pharma on some of the highest level painkillers on the market for about 5 years before I put myself through detox and just went the natural route. I'm actually probably in better health now than I was before the accident at this point because of all the necessary muscular maintenance, I know I'm definitely faster now and more agile and have better muscle control. 

Also I have zero debt , sued the homeowners insurance, paid all my medical, finessed my way out of my student loans , invested what I had left over, and bought some property. Ironically my life is probably better now than it was before the accident. I just gotta do Hella karate stretches and shit to keep from locking up.  I was kinda wildin out before so being forced to literally lay down like that makes you approach things differently. So yeah. Happy ending for sure. Still got a vandal squad file and no Fs too. 

• Like 1
  • Props 11

Yeah apparently I could have been pretty easily permanently paralyzed, I lost half of my L1 and a third of my T12, which is basically where the ribs attach to the spine in the back. Some people's spinal cord dips down more past the back rib cage , and some people it sits mostly protected. If I was one of the former types no question I would have lost the use of my legs, but I only lost some surface feeling in my thigh and back, that at this point either has mostly returned or I just don't notice. Mass general took a bone graft from my hip, picked out all the shattered vertebra pieces that burst into my back ligaments, and fuzed it back together with 2 pins and 2 rods. I'm just super fortunate it happened in Massachusetts where I was able to have optional surgeries. I live in nashville and if it would have happened here either my mom would have had to sell her house or I would have this shit called a vertebral cage that is real invasive and seems to fuck people up.

@Fist 666lets just assume you and anyone else who thinks they might have, did, and I'll just say I really appreciate it because its a super nice cane - I think one of the nicest ones that was in the catalog. Like I used it again a couple years ago when I broke my leg, and when I'm Hella old I'll also use it. There was even talk of springing for the optional engraved metal plaque at the time but it would have taken too long. Seriously it's a nice ass cane

• Props 1

19 hours ago, TreSixO said:

Actually yeah I'm good now - I was in a body cast for like 9 months and had to re learn to walk. I had to learn a bunch of crazy body compensation shit -  like I don't hold my upper torso up with my back anymore it's all done with my core and abdominal. I was a test market case for big pharma on some of the highest level painkillers on the market for about 5 years before I put myself through detox and just went the natural route. I'm actually probably in better health now than I was before the accident at this point because of all the necessary muscular maintenance, I know I'm definitely faster now and more agile and have better muscle control. 

Also I have zero debt , sued the homeowners insurance, paid all my medical, finessed my way out of my student loans , invested what I had left over, and bought some property. Ironically my life is probably better now than it was before the accident. I just gotta do Hella karate stretches and shit to keep from locking up.  I was kinda wildin out before so being forced to literally lay down like that makes you approach things differently. So yeah. Happy ending for sure. Still got a vandal squad file and no Fs too. 

Fuck, nothing make me happier than reading some shit like this, taking what would normally be a huge loss, and being able to turn it around deserves more than just the props.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

• 11 months later...