North Faces

leisamp

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, glorydays said:

the hype was real for that one

the thing is, supreme doesnt have gore tex in any of their TNF collabs and their prices were still 350 for the jacket

imagine paying gore tex prices without gore tex in the jacket

Oh fr? I didn’t know that. You’ve got a point. I preferred the fall leaves camo one in that drop, the orange is heavy though.

Just now, glorydays said:

i have a strong feeling that theyll drop it the same day as the box logo crewnecks

Im not into box logos on tees and hoodies just cause I feel those are the pieces that casuals buy to try to be a 'part of the club' so to speak. That being said Im not against them on other items if they're subtle 

1 minute ago, Kults said:

Im not into box logos on tees and hoodies just cause I feel those are the pieces that casuals buy to try to be a 'part of the club' so to speak. That being said Im not against them on other items if they're subtle 

i agree....i feel like they intentionally make their box logo tees shitty  on purpose.

i buy the oxfords and new era hats every year

i agree....i feel like they intentionally make their box logo tees shitty  on purpose.

i buy the oxfords and new era hats every year

Those are sharp.

Ive never gotten one of their oxfords but they're sick and don't scream look at me like a lot of the other pieces. Its cool to have both kinds of pieces depending on your mood. Im not trying to be anyone's free walking billboard no matter how cool the brand is though. I do love heavy branding but it's gonna come off right or it just screams low effort when its literally just the logo blown up and centered. 

4 minutes ago, Kults said:

Those are sharp.

Ive never gotten one of their oxfords but they're sick and don't scream look at me like a lot of the other pieces. Its cool to have both kinds of pieces depending on your mood. Im not trying to be anyone's free walking billboard no matter how cool the brand is though. I do love heavy branding but it's gonna come off right or it just screams low effort when its literally just the logo blown up and centered. 

i agree, i'm on my grown ass man tip. the heavy branding screams fuckboy

6 minutes ago, glorydays said:

i agree, i'm on my grown ass man tip. the heavy branding screams fuckboy

Its all about how its worn and where, the context is important. I cringe when I see a guy with a giant BOGO hoodie, shitty jeans and some bum ass air forces, that screams fuccboi to me. Like nice man, you payed 600$ for a sweatshirt and the rest of your fit is busted, not a good look. Likewise with sneakerheads sometimes. Wearing 300$++ sneakers and the rest of the fit, socks included is cheap and/or worn out. A loud piece is meant to complement a good outfit not BE the outfit. Balance is so key. Maybe spend less on the shitty bogo or Off/White Nikes and make sure your baseline is at least as fire.

Edited by Kults

Also have a TriClimate parka like this one in a dark brown from at least a decade ago and it still looks and feels new. It cost me an arm but it was worth every penny. They last forever. Its like a bubble goose inside a padded shell, it's heavy duty and has gotten me through many a -30 degree nights

download.png

Edited by Kults

i believe thats the mountain light guide triclimate...one of my favorite models

i love the summit series mountain jacket

I think you're bang on!

Had a hard time finding an image for it wasn't sure. Summit series are cool but aren't they more shells? I don't recall ever seeing any super heavy duty ones but I could be way off. I love the design of it I agree with you 100%. So many jackets have come and gone for me but that one has endured and stood the test of time. Get it cleaned every odd year and I swear it's still in the same state it was in 10 years ago.

Was along time ago but i remember paying 700$ and change for it, was a lot back then. Heck it still is. Id buy another one in a heartbeat if Supreme made one and I was lucky enough to get it at retail.

13 hours ago, glorydays said:

the triclimates are mad expensive, so i'm not surprised by that number

the summit series jackets are lined, i believe...so they're a little heftier than the mountain light

Im gonna have to look into them before buying my next winter jacket. Trying to get a fall coat first then Ill start looking into the winter stuff in November ish

• 2 weeks later...