New Release: 12ozProphet - Divide Et Impera Tee

misteraven

Giving the 12ozProphet community here a first look at the next 12ozProphet Shop release: 

12ozProphet - Divide Et Impera (Divide and Rule) Tee

Also, going to use this format to sort of explain the concept as I move forward with these. This one especially merits some insight and explanation...

So by now most of you have likely read enough of my posts to know I'm not fan of government, regardless of which team wins the oval office. Personally, I believe that government power comes at the direct expense of individual freedom and liberty and also believe its been a very long time since it was truly operated "by the people for the people". Rather, we often hear about how much corporate money and influence is poured into politics, while watching career politicians talk a big game around election time, then point the finger at their counterpart across the aisle for why nothing gets done the rest of the time. 

Whether you want to put on a tin foil hat and buy into the multitudes of conspiracy theories that are often floated around, you'd have to have your head pretty deep in the sand at this point, to not recognize that there are huge agendas at play, tons of money and power on the line and that things are not at all wha20th t they're claimed to be. We know for fact that the 90% of the media is owned by a handful of corporations and that those corporations are often run and owned by people that are very active in politics. We can also reasonably assume that there are some vested interests at stake, driven by the massive fortunes that are gained and lost upon the outcome of these elections and the subsequent legislation passed. 

This shirt release is an homage to the idea that things are not at all what they seem to be. That its a high stakes game, sponsored by a handful of global corporations who stand to gain vast fortunes and consolidate further power by keeping us all divided; thus allowing them to continue with their agenda.

Regardless of whether you subscribe to the theories that go into specifics on the subject, the purpose of this shirt is to get you to pause and think. To pay attention and dig beneath the surface. To begin questioning the narratives and analyze the motives. Ultimately to compel critical thinking, research and open and honest discussion and debate.

Releasing Next Friday, July 20th at 3pm EST on the 12ozProphet Shop.

Be sure and get on the mailing list!

Front (Click to enlarge)

12ozprophet-divide-et-impera-front.thumb.png.a646a7bb91f93b930eb607934ee54947.png

Back (Click to enlarge)

12ozprophet-divide-et-impera-back.thumb.png.edb09d5e83f88cdff83770984fbfdbb7.png

Long Sleeve (Click to enlarge)

12ozprophet-divide-et-impera-sleeve.thumb.png.5441d23fd7a3d9d81eef161f5ad910b4.png

• Like 1
  • Props 2

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

This is awesome.

I'd like to see the conversation continue after the shirt has dropped, and what the public's response will be to the inverted flag.

After 45s election I started wearing an inverted IR flag on my pack (a flag I wore on my shoulder in Afghanistan...). What is supposed to mean and what it is perceived to mean are very different things with potentially very volatile responses on either side. The only people that harassed-verging-on-threatened me about it were other vets. It did not invite conversation, it invited confrontation. I'll be curious to know what everybody else's experience is like.

mildly related: in highschool I had a shirt with a similar image to this on it: 

corporate-logo-flag-big.jpg 

I remember it causing a fair amount of butthurt and very reactionary response from those who were sucking down party line patriotism in the era immediately after 9-11

• Truth 1

Just now, Fist 666 said:

This is awesome.

I'd like to see the conversation continue after the shirt has dropped, and what the public's response will be to the inverted flag.

After 45s election I started wearing an inverted IR flag on my pack (a flag I wore on my shoulder in Afghanistan...). What is supposed to mean and what it is perceived to mean are very different things with potentially very volatile responses on either side. The only people that harassed-verging-on-threatened me about it were other vets. It did not invite conversation, it invited confrontation. I'll be curious to know what everybody else's experience is like.

I remember it causing a fair amount of butthurt and very reactionary response from those who were sucking down party line patriotism in the era immediately after 9-11

I've got this flag: Adbusters FTW!

5 minutes ago, Fist 666 said:

This is awesome.

Surprised you got that response from vets. Would think they'd actually understand that the inverted flag is symbolic of distress and not intended as disrespect.

If anything, its actually a patriotic response as it shows that you care enough to believe something is fucked up.

I'll keep you posted. In the meantime, if there are any questions about the design, my intent or about the conspiracy theories, feel free to ask away.

I think a lot of people lump inverted flags and burning flags into the same group. The veteran response (happened twice) was more or less "my best friend died wearing that flag, how fucking dare you..." my response of "mine too, wanna talk about it?" didn't lead to any real conversations.

(way off topic, but for the record, it really bugs me when vets (blanket statement) refer to everyone lost as their best friend. I've lost good dudes and shit bags alike, plenty of dead vets were complete pieces of shit.)

IMO, reprinting is a bad idea. I want the all-star beef shirt, too, but its gotta be a reboot for 12 to maintain brand desirability.

• Truth 2
  • Props 2

@Fist 666I agree totally. Again, my hope is that it leads to conversation. People now are so divided, we have a long ways to go before it likely leads to meaningful change, but even putting ideas on the table for discussion is a step in the right direction. 

Not having served myself, I don’t feel I have the right (and certainly wouldn’t be talking from experience) in regards to the quality of character of the average servicemen, but would assume it reflects people in general... I’ve accepted the rule of thumb that 10% are scumbags and 10% of those are truly evil. That said, I’d extend the benefit of the doubt to a person that was willing to sign the line and join up as that takes something many don’t have. 

Regardless, your call out was considered in the design, since I have a lot of my own friends that have served. It’s why the flag under 12oz is right side up. The fact that it’s presented in the assaulting configuration is intentional. Likewise the flag presented in distress configuration is lumped in with elements that were I tended to signify those responsible for it. 

Last point I’ll make in this comment is that above all else, the flag is supposed to be symbolic of freedom. Good men sacrifice themselves so that we can continue to be granted certain rights, the most important to a truly free society being the freedom of speech. 

13 hours ago, fat ralphy said:

Will cop - when's the release?

I've been labeled as the "conspiracy theorist" in my family - my thought is most people are just scared to consider the possibilities....

Says in the first comment. Next Friday at 3pm EST. Set an alert!

17 hours ago, Fist 666 said:

This is awesome.

I have a theory that most people are very basic motherfuckers & bitches, just running on autopilot 99% of their lives. Just going with the flow since birth leaves them with no truly unique qualities, or individual struggles to base their identity on. Choosing to identify with a group is the only option in these situations. To make things easier you can pick the Country, State, City, or even the local sports team brand to identify with. Most basic people are born and die within the same small patch of earth never experiencing what it's like anywhere else except their small world.  In these cases any perceived conflict with the identity group, which is generally based on location is immediately associated as a personal attack.

Trying to make sense of this doesn't work because it isn't based in logic. It's how human brains habitually process information without thought. That said, they don't want to think about why you're making a statement that isn't in line with their group think. Given some though, they might even agree with you on most points, but the key here is "given some thought" which isn't going to happen, especially when they've been triggered into defense mode.

• Truth 2
  • Props 1

Perhaps, and possibly very likely... But again, just trying my best to get people to pause and hopefully begin to question. If I can play a small part by possibly being the catalyst in making them start to look a little deeper and engage in discussion and debate, than I’ve succeeded. 

It might seem hopeless, and reminds me of a lot of the early feedback I got with my initial outreach about trying to bring back the forum. In fact, it’s not so different than the feedback I got when building up 12oz and the forum to begin with... Yet here we are. 

it’s a small start, but it’s something. 

906F5B53-E224-447C-B232-D565966192DB.thumb.jpeg.29a1238bf9dc4121aaa6c5e61f2ade0e.jpeg

It's necessary just not easy when there's no other connections to set up a rapport. The only time I feel like I slightly get through to people with my own ancap philosophy is if they ask why I have a certain perspective on a subject. I try to keep it concise, and point towards the relationship to ideas they already have. #1 rule is to avoid putting a person into defensive mode.

That said, I still enjoy throwing an anti authoritative middle finger to the police state supporters, or anyone that looks at police boots and sees lollypops.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 2
  • Truth 1