Bluetooth Speaker Thread

mn1_fuckos

I had a bluetooth speaker that I had acquired and after a couple years it has finally decided to take a dump. Typically the only time I used it was when I drove my car around. Its a Pre-1964 hot rod and I'm not trying to hook up a stereo to it. We go a on road trips with the car and sometimes it nice to bring it with and listen to music when we stop by a rest area to have lunch.

The speaker I had was loud enough to be heard over the dual exhaust on the car. Decent battery life would be awesome. Looking to spend about $150 bucks.

Anyway do yall have any suggestions? pro's/ con's

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I can't find an image link that will work...

I got a Milwaukee jobsite one a few weeks back. I can run it fairly loud for most of two ten hour days on one 4 amp hour battery without recharge. If I charge my phone I get about 12-15 hours off of it. volume and clarity are good. 

I have a Sony one that is less "tough" but is waterproof, but batt life is kinda shit for what it is, but nice for camping. but from now on I'll just take the milwaukee and an extra battery or the charger and rock out as necessary.

Check out the Bose SoundLink Revolve .

Got one that I keep on top my piano to practice over backing tracks , needed one that would let me hear the double bass properly . It sounds amazing . Clear and crisp and gets pretty loud for its size . Battery life says 12 hours but I only use it for a couple hours a day when I’m working on tunes - I have to charge it once , maybe twice a week . $200 

6DE43D6A-EFBE-4A7A-9B6A-D8BD140BB534.jpeg

I have a samsung 360 plug in speaker and it sounds awesome. I heard it before hand and “needed” to buy that one. Others didn’t compare. I know you need something for the car but I would look into Samsung as a brand of Bluetooth speaker. Quality of sound is great. 

• 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...

BOSE has beautiful sound and not to mention loud. These series never disappoints, but its pricey....

Screenshot_20190921-220743_Firefox.jpg.949f1108ff054b94dfe68eee62e828a1.jpg

JBL is good to.  I had that clip one for work and it was convenient and loud too.  I recommend the Charge series. The bass is what got my attention.  Someone had it blasting in a kitchen and I thought it was a surround system doing all the work.  It was just the pill....

Screenshot_20190921-220804_Firefox.jpg.754330bba4fba7935b79cbe4a73669e4.jpg

I ended up buying that JBL Charge 4 that @T4M*mentioned in the last post it works great for what I use it.

My car is loud as fuck as the exhaust dumps under the car and not out the back but it works well enough that long drives arent boring as fuck and the battery last about 5 hours on full blast. It last way longer when its not at full volume.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I finally bought a second Sony Gtk-xb5 and want to use them for a more on the go Music Production (for homes/studio).  I couldn't find a video explaining if you can separate the speakers , each being a channel.  Using an old technique, I found a solution....

20200321_083011_20200321083237978.thumb.jpg.a613cc87c2bbdb178b8e06d4efad123c.jpg20200321_083003.thumb.jpg.a1fe481696f04ea91c867c0f120c84ad.jpg20200321_083022.thumb.jpg.a28c6e95e91efe451552d49fc8a55cc0.jpg

They sound amazing! The bass, not so much , unless you are in a smaller room.  I do have a Sony subwoofer that I need to test out, have to get more wires. Here is a Demo. With headphones, you can kind of hear the sound difference.

• Like 1