Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Kults

True Detective

Season 3 is almost done shooting, it shouldn't be too long now until we get to see it. I adored season 1 I've watched it 3-4 times now. I liked season 2 as well even though it had a drastic change of tone and feel. 

Both seasons are loosely based on real events, Its been really fun going down the rabbit hole and doing some research on both stories.

" This season will tell the story of a macabre crime in the heart of the Ozarks, a mystery that deepens over decades and plays out in three separate time periods." 

I'm intrigued. I like that they are going back to the different time periods like in S1.

Anyone else really into this show?

poster_truedetective.jpg

Season 3 will be amaaaazing

I was hoping it would be set in New York since there are a lot of secret fraternities and occult legends in the city

• Truth 1

Season 1 blew my mind. 

Still haven't watched season 2, but I've heard almost nothing positive about it, so it isn't on my priority list.

• Props 1

Eastern Book of the Dead

9 minutes ago, Fist 666 said:

Season 1 blew my mind. 

Still haven't watched season 2, but I've heard almost nothing positive about it, so it isn't on my priority list.

People ragged on it hard. It didn't have the creep out factor or the killer setting of the 1st season but it was great nonetheless.

I think a lot of fans were bummed out cause when it was originally announced it was gonna be about "the secret occult history of the US transportation industry" whatever that meant. What we got was more a story of Eyes Wide Shut orgy parties, elite debauchery and a post industrial failed county in LA that was corrupt to the bone. Was still good  but not what was promised.

I would still highly recommend it. The same way season 1 was loosely inspired by The King in Yellow, season 2 takes its inspiration from The Eastern Book of the Dead. Here's an older  reddit thread breaking it down it was a good read if you're at all interested.

Eastern Book of the Dead

Edited by Kults

season 1 was some of the best tv i've seen, gone back and watched it a couple of times, have been wanting to start it again.

I avoided season 2 because friends didnt like it. i'm planning on going back and watching it but i think season 1 set such a high standard, i dont think anything could live up to it.

cant wait for 3 though.

• Like 1

If you got the time I'd say give S2 a go anyway. It was polarizing that's true but if you liked S1 there's some great stuff in there.

On 7/15/2018 at 3:02 PM, Fist 666 said:

Season 1 blew my mind. 

I think the bad reviews of S2 are widely exaggerated and probably have to do with how fantastic S1 was.  I watched season 2 as it came out and enjoyed it, though it did take me a little while longer.

• Truth 1

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this