True Detective

Kults

Season 3 is almost done shooting, it shouldn't be too long now until we get to see it. I adored season 1 I've watched it 3-4 times now. I liked season 2 as well even though it had a drastic change of tone and feel. 

Both seasons are loosely based on real events, Its been really fun going down the rabbit hole and doing some research on both stories.

" This season will tell the story of a macabre crime in the heart of the Ozarks, a mystery that deepens over decades and plays out in three separate time periods." 

I'm intrigued. I like that they are going back to the different time periods like in S1.

Anyone else really into this show?

poster_truedetective.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Eastern Book of the Dead

9 minutes ago, Fist 666 said:

Season 1 blew my mind. 

Still haven't watched season 2, but I've heard almost nothing positive about it, so it isn't on my priority list.

People ragged on it hard. It didn't have the creep out factor or the killer setting of the 1st season but it was great nonetheless.

I think a lot of fans were bummed out cause when it was originally announced it was gonna be about "the secret occult history of the US transportation industry" whatever that meant. What we got was more a story of Eyes Wide Shut orgy parties, elite debauchery and a post industrial failed county in LA that was corrupt to the bone. Was still good  but not what was promised.

I would still highly recommend it. The same way season 1 was loosely inspired by The King in Yellow, season 2 takes its inspiration from The Eastern Book of the Dead. Here's an older  reddit thread breaking it down it was a good read if you're at all interested.

Eastern Book of the Dead

Edited by Kults

season 1 was some of the best tv i've seen, gone back and watched it a couple of times, have been wanting to start it again.

I avoided season 2 because friends didnt like it. i'm planning on going back and watching it but i think season 1 set such a high standard, i dont think anything could live up to it.

cant wait for 3 though.

• Like 1

On 7/15/2018 at 3:02 PM, Fist 666 said:

Season 1 blew my mind. 

Still haven't watched season 2, but I've heard almost nothing positive about it, so it isn't on my priority list.

I think the bad reviews of S2 are widely exaggerated and probably have to do with how fantastic S1 was.  I watched season 2 as it came out and enjoyed it, though it did take me a little while longer.

• Truth 1

Info dump.. Im getting hyped

• Nic Pizzolatto is writing all 8 episodes like he did for the past two seasons.
  • Jeremy Saulnier was originally supposed to direct the first three episodes but only did the first two leaving the other 6 for Pizzolatto and experienced TV director Daniel Sackheim of The Americans and Better Call Saul to split directing duties for the remaining episodes.
  • Mahershala Ali is the lead with Carmen Ejogo, Stephen Dorff, Mamie Gummer, and Scoot McNairy rounding up the supporting cast.
  • Set photos have shown that it will be set in three different timelines. There was one that showed Ali and Dorff in 70's type garb with Saulnier directing and one not long ago showing Ali with an late 80's look.
  • It will be set in the Ozarks and revolve around a mystery surrounding the disappearance of two kids with McNairy and Gummer playing parents. Ejogo a school teacher and Dorff as Ali's partner.
  • Expect it in 2019, possibly January since Game of Thrones will be making its final bow in April leaving the January slot open.

• 1 month later...
On 8/27/2018 at 1:54 PM, Kults said:

The southern gothic white trash vibe seems to be back. Really excited for it

that theme has really been popping up in comics too. 

preacher obviously from way back but i read one a little while back called southern bastards thats was pretty good/close to home.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, fat ralphy said:

Season 1 was great - I have watched it twice.

Season 3 looks pretty interesting and I will probably binge Season 2 just to get into the show again.

If it wasn't  held up to S1's standards it would be considered fantastic. Great modern neo noire crime thriller. Of course if you stack it up against the lightning in a bottle from season 1 it will come up short but I still really enjoyed it.

• 3 years later...