Reselling - How, Where, When, and products you want to sell yourself

glorydays

Reselling today is bigger than ever. It evolved from its humble beginnings of in-person meetups negotiated in back channel chat rooms, over the phone, and shady forums. The reason it was so underground was because of the demand by a certain demographic. The hype was low and only valued by the true hardcore fans of the brand. The brand didn't matter either. Whether it be streetwear in the form of Supreme, Bape, Undercover, Visvim or shoes like Jordan.  "Mainstream" people didn't want any part of the subculture which kept resell prices low, demand low, and supply low. Product sat on shelves. It was a great time for streetwear. If you bought something you wanted, you could go back the following week and cop another. 

It's not that simple any more. The market is SATURATED with product, brands, hype. Prices in general have dropped. Shoes are continuously retro'd and remade. The hype machine needs to be fed. But for those that want to cop heat for the low, it might possibly be the best time.

So here are some instagram profiles that are good resellers, websites, and brick and mortar stores.

If you have any other places or people to add, please do.

@rifdos

@roundtwohollywood

@stylisticsjapan

@bazamn

www.riflosangeles.com

www.stylisticsjapan.com

https://global.rakuten.com/en/

https://bazamn.bigcartel.com/products

PLEASE ADD OTHERS YOU KNOW ARE LEGIT AND YOU'D LIKE TO PROMOTE

SELL HERE ALSO IF YOU WANT

• Like 1
  • Props 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Just now, glorydays said:

I'm comprehensive about Stockx because I know of fakes being sold on that website...Not all the time, but there are rare instances of fakes being sold

Ive heard that too but I think they got that sorted. I know the few times Ive used it I got the real deal.

1 hour ago, Kults said:

Ive heard that too but I think they got that sorted. I know the few times Ive used it I got the real deal.

i feel it. I'm glad that stockx is on people's radar. I want to start selling some of my stuff on here.

If you want to also, you should.

I don't tend to fuck with resellers, generally not into that hype stuff anyway. 

I know a lot of reselling goes down in Facebook groups like crepecity or supreme groups.

The only time I've bought from non retail sellers has been through a Facebook saucony groups that tends to be more mature and then the other time through a contact on Instagram.

6 hours ago, Decyferon said:

I don't tend to fuck with resellers, generally not into that hype stuff anyway. 

I know a lot of reselling goes down in Facebook groups like crepecity or supreme groups.

The only time I've bought from non retail sellers has been through a Facebook saucony groups that tends to be more mature and then the other time through a contact on Instagram.

i was on a saucony and new balance tip in college...i was obsessed with heritage sneaker brands

and i feel you...there are too many scammers out there...and supreme evolved into something i really dont like

Yeah, same here. Stuff is terrible and quality when you see it in hand sucks. That said, I’m amazed by that dudes output. Literally had like two collections / runway shows, several collaborations and major back to back art openings going on simultaneously. I get he’s young and ambitious but can only assume he also has major financial backing and an army of people assisting. 

• Like 1

Not feeling OW either. Flash in the pan. I can’t see it staying relevant for years. These days I prefer to invest in the staples than the fly by night current trends. I do like FTP but I feel they fit into that category.

Edited by Kults

Not sure man... I'd written Virgil off early on. Remember when he'd just sort of hang on the fringes at Alife. But can't knock how far he's come. Whether you agree with how he got there or how he sustains it... Or even the merit of the product when analyzed with a critical eye... Dude is definitely at the center of things and churning out more stuff in a bigger way than just about anyone else I've seen before or since. Really pretty crazy...

But yeah, not generally a fan of the actual projects, whether Off White, apparel, "art" or the first LV collection he did. 

Friend of mine decided to dump a bunch of money into Been Trill and lost his ass on it. Seems they literally all walked just after taking that check. Pyrex always seemed like a half hearted effort and does in fact remind me a lot of Off White in terms of the quality of the stuff I saw.

Anyhow, still think its nuts. Also surprised to see how indecisive he seems to be in the IG story videos he posts. Like he just shuffles elements around and asks for opinions from the people around him rather than have a clear and confident vision for the design. 

Wow, great feed... followed. 

Reminds of s blog that used to exist back in the day. Don’t recall the name, but was obviously a main industry person. They had tons of inside info and would just put people on blast. Was hilarious because it was well deserved criticism most of the time. Also assume it was all true because I was privy to a lot of it myself. Always wondered who it was and expected that I was probably in the same room / same meetings with them more than a couple times. 

12 minutes ago, misteraven said:

Wow, great feed... followed. 

Reminds of s blog that used to exist back in the day. Don’t recall the name, but was obviously a main industry person. They had tons of inside info and would just put people on blast. Was hilarious because it was well deserved criticism most of the time. Also assume it was all true because I was privy to a lot of it myself. Always wondered who it was and expected that I was probably in the same room / same meetings with them more than a couple times. 

The owners of the account were outed just recently....by vogue, no less....along with other media entities, I don't hold stock to fashion mags in general because they promote whoever pays them the most

that's why I appreciate diet_prada so much

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...