Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Guest Resurrection

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

^i got time crisis zone. i don't really like it. guess cause it's a machine gun theme. i like the single shot feel. also if you got an lcd screen the gun won't work. i had to order some shit from hong kong and had to hook up these sensors with the gun and shit.

but damn that shit only took 2 days coming from hong kong

Just downloaded Crisis Zone today and we all hate it. 2 and 3 seems to be where it's at. An dya, i know about the LCD/CRT screen thing, i was trying to get my gun workign on my pc for flash games and shit, but it can't be done without modding the controller or havign a TV hooked up to your pc.

Also, just downloaded God of War...man i seem to be sleeping on tons of games!

Let's do some PSP bashing (this article is a bit old):

After years of experience, experimenting, reading and listening to others I was not surprised that Sony’s newest creation the PSP is a horrible piece of crap. What does having to produce thirteen revisions of the original Playstation Two have to tell you about the quality of their products. If you’re a tech guru or have the slightest bit of common sense you most likely already know Sony had long made itself a name of producing the most defective electronic equipment on earth.

I know this small article will most likely piss of Sony fanboys or people who’ve just purchased a PSP that think “This is the best thing ever,” but time will show just how good PSPs really are. It’s funny that you can barely find a working V3 PS2, but can still dust off your old Atari, Nintendo or Sega CD and boot games just fine. So what’s the deal?

It’s really simple. The hardware Sony uses to produce their electronic equipment is crap. So here’s my take on the PSP.

The main issue people try to ignore or talk down is the major one plaguing the majority of PSPs which are the dead and/or stuck pixels in the LCD screen. Most people are like “I don’t mind,” but after spending a few hundred dollars on something and find it comes with dead pixels really did not impress me at all. Hell, I’ve still got an old LCD from a car produced back in 1999 that has not one dead pixel. If you’d like a better view on the dead pixel issue try talking to a manager at Best Buy or EB Games and I’m sure they will give you a good ten minute lecture on how bad the screen sucks and how many returns they get. What’s the deal?

Overheating is a common issue as you will notice after only fifteen minutes of play the PSP gets really hot and you start sweating which makes you lose your grip and leads to bad things such as wrist pains and in the long run carpel tunnel syndrome.

Going along the lines stated above the unit itself is oddly shaped and after talking with various doctors have come to realize the shape and size of the unit will lead to issues in your hands and arms.

Moreover the battery life on the unit is a joke; so unless you’re planning on having a backpack with a car battery in it I would forget about being able to use it on long trips. Good portable unit, eh?

The last thing I would like to mention is the lack of support you will receive from Sony when you try to get a replacement unit. I’ve gathered a “common experience” from many forum posts and please, by all means, call them and see for yourself. I did and wasn’t surprised at all.

(1) Call their Custom Support Line

(2) Navigate through their automated phone line until you find the hidden *talk to a real person* feature (note they change the combination weekly so don’t bother writing it down)

(3) Once you’ve found the feature make sure you’ve got your portable phone fully charged or have a good speakerphone as you’re going to have to wait 1-2 hrs to speak with someone

(4) When you finally get someone on the phone they are going to try to talk you out of returning the unit no matter how many dead pixels you have even though their warranty clearly states if you have 5 you can return it

(5) If you manage to talk your way into getting your PSP fixed or replaced you are going to have to part with it for a while as after you pay to have it shipped to them it’s going to take 4-6 weeks to get a return and if the issue is serious or they claim you caused the damage you’re going to have to cover parts and labor before it is returned to you and of course you will also have to pay for return shipping.

All I know is if/when I decide to send them my PSP with over 30 dead pixels it’s not going to come they way they want it, but look something like the below image. At any rate; SONY SUCKS!

-------------------------------------------------------------

"Page 13 of the PSP manual puts it this way: "Red, blue, or green spots (bright spots) or black spots (dark spots) may appear in certain locations on the LCD screen. The appearance of such spots is a normal occurrence associated with LCD screens and not a sign of malfunction. LCD screens are made using highly precise technology. However, a very small number of dark pixels or continuously lit pixels exist on each screen." The manual also warns against exposing the LCD screen to direct sunlight and leaving still images on the screen for an extended period of time, as both could damage the display."

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/0...ws_6121092.html

------------------------------------------

Hahahah, we shall see how well they ride out the PS3 and what kinds of hardware issues are in store for them.

As far as I know the PS3 has been sold out since it's release. The reason that they are expecting a loss is because the system costs more to make it then they are selling it for, and they don't have enough systems out to recoup the losses from that, and the low sales of the PSP.

^^I'm currently playing it, but have been sidetracked by Garry's Mod, Time Crisis 2/3, and God of War.

As far as I know the PS3 has been sold out since it's release. The reason that they are expecting a loss is because the system costs more to make it then they are selling it for, and they don't have enough systems out to recoup the losses from that, and the low sales of the PSP.

As far as i've been hearing since like maybe Dec is it's been sitting on shelves.

Yeah they may be selling out but that's only because the dumb Sony fanboys have been saving all their nickels for years to get that expensive ass system. Sony's like a sinking ship at this point, everything is going to go downhill for them. They're hoping that next year their software for the ps3 will really get rolling, the fact of the matter is, they're focusing energy on a battle they've already lost. Look at the numbers, Sony is fucking themselves all the way to and from the bank. They may have *some and I use that term lightly hard hitting developers that will stay dedicated, but look at the other developers that are leaving sony like rats leaving a sinking ship.... they're like, fuck this hardware architecture, who wants to do r&d for months to learn how to code something that could be developed in less time on an easier architecture with nearly the same if not better results. People think that we've seen the full potential of the xbox360s graphics and game capabilities, but in the big picture it is still in it's infancy. The ONLY thing I could possibly give Sony credit for is snagging Squaresoft years ago, in which I can't even give them that much credit because all the FF's on a sony product straight sucked shit out of my asshole.

Anyway, my point is, Sony sucks and they're going to lose.... oh yeah also, rap is the EXACT same thing as hip hop. Thank you for reading.