Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, where said:

it seems like your government is using covid as a power grab, we are only 300 miles away but we are starting to get back to normal for the most part

 

The frustrating part is that the people just seem to accept it, this shit would never fly down south. We are going on the 17th week of CURFEW

Link to post
Share on other sites
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Luigi's Mansion 3 on Switch came out at midnight last night.  I'm going to probably spend most of the weekend playing that and neglecting any of the other fun stuff I would normally want to do.  Also

nearly there...   my clan tag on all COD games has been [12oz] since COD4 I think, even though I haven’t played with anyone from the oontz since back then I refuse to change it to anything e

with all this old school 8bit talk i gotta recommend Enter The Gungeon.. i just downloaded it the other night since its free on playstation for their "state of play" or whatever and its super fun.. ma

Posted Images

Just now, Kults said:

 

The frustrating part is that the people just seem to accept it, this shit would never fly down south. We are going on the 17th week of CURFEW

yo we used to go up there most summers and I just remember the people being super polite I know thats a stereotype but I found it to be true, and I guess thats what they are exploiting cause like you said that shit wouldnt rock down here we are just assholes but it serves a purpose. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, where said:

yo we used to go up there most summers and I just remember the people being super polite I know thats a stereotype but I found it to be true, and I guess thats what they are exploiting cause like you said that shit wouldnt rock down here we are just assholes but it serves a purpose. 

 

By and large ya ppl up here are pretty nice and tend to love American tourists. Def ruder and more aggressive than other cities in Canada but that could just be my anti french bias talking. Its def a fun city to visit in the summer, not much to do other than winter sports in the colder months

 

E: got me thinking, every time Ive gone down to the states over the years the people have been nothing but great and really welcoming. I felt they were much easier to talk to than Canadians but maybe ppl are just nicer to tourists

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea there’s a sense of putting on a show to outsiders and act different than around their own people 

 

my PS4 is fried I think, it keeps overheating, sprayed the fans with duster and now it won’t turn on fuuuuuuu 

Edited by where
  • Truth 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Kults said:

Sledgehammer confirmed as this year's CoD devs -_-

 

I didn't care for Advanced Warfare or WW2. Bummer. At least BF is modern this year

 

 

 

Why do they keep switching? Is it cause it takes a whole division of a company years to make a game on that level and if they wanna drop a game every year they gotta alternate production companies 

  • Truth 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, where said:

Why do they keep switching? Is it cause it takes a whole division of a company years to make a game on that level and if they wanna drop a game every year they gotta alternate production companies 

 

Bang on. There are three main studios and many support studios that alternate the releases so they can put out an entry every year. I wont get into all the details cause its a long ass story but basically its what you said.

 

Oh great /s looks like some Canadians are making this one, shits gonna suck lol Basically Sledgehammer is the C team

 

https://twitter.com/SHGames/status/13896936167386849

  • LOL! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Kults said:

Sledgehammer confirmed as this year's CoD devs -_-

 

I didn't care for Advanced Warfare or WW2. Bummer. At least BF is modern this year

 

 

 

 

Whoa hold on.  One of the things I like about the BF franchise is that it hasn't gone all "modern" and futuristic.  It has attempted to stay period specific.  I consider it more of a "history war game" than just an FPS.  The battles are real battles, the weapons are the same weapons used, and the vehicles are too..... on the maps of the places where the battles actually took place.

 

That is what makes BF special to me.  I've never liked arcade style FPS shooters until I recently played/beat DOOM Eternal.  Very good game btw..... but it's not going for that stradle the line of realism and fantasy like I think COD tries doing a lot.

 

My brother bought me one of them for xmas a few years back and after i'd say ~20h of intense giving it a real good honest shot of gameplay I was like fuck this and never picked up another CoD again..... and hadn't messed w/ any of them previous.

 

The only reason I piped up here is because, to me, the two games aren't even a close comparison for me.  I know a lot of people put CoD on a pedestal as the best FPS game but it just feels washed and cheesy to me, every iteration of it.  I check them out, watch videos, watch my brothers who enjoy them play..... it's just not for me.

  • Props 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Without going into the whole story, here's one tidbit.

 

Sledge started development on Cold War. It was their turn up to bat last year. It was such a dumpster fire Acti, the publisher, took it away from them and gave it to Treyarch to salvage in a year and half time. Now this year's entry: Vanguard ( WW2 setting) they started development on less than 2 years ago. They couldn't get the last one right and on top of that this WFH took over. Ill be amazed if its anything but a buggy mess at launch, I have very little faith in them.

 

Their last game was WW2 in 2017, it sucked at launch. The studio head was even arrogant and dismissive about it on twitter. Angered the fanbase so much Acti canned him. He took a huge chunk of the studio with him. They just recently hired over 150 new devs so mayyyybe its somewhat of a dif studio nowadays but I still aint holding my breath

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish some fucking white knight dev would start making games that didn't have the "pay to win" and "buy my updates so that beta shit I sold you is actually worth a fuck because I rushed it out the door for a corp deadline" baked right into the core.

 

It's an immediate turn off to me when I see "buy this _____ booster pack" or "buy these weapon and player skins/models".  It's turned EVERYONE INTO RICERS w/ mommy and daddy's credit cards.  It's also served to make game dev companies extremely greedy when they've latched onto the idea of the continual "service contract" style of selling software.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dirty_habiT said:

 

Whoa hold on.  One of the things I like about the BF franchise is that it hasn't gone all "modern" and futuristic.  It has attempted to stay period specific.  I consider it more of a "history war game" than just an FPS.  The battles are real battles, the weapons are the same weapons used, and the vehicles are too..... on the maps of the places where the battles actually took place.

 

That is what makes BF special to me.  I've never liked arcade style FPS shooters until I recently played/beat DOOM Eternal.  Very good game btw..... but it's not going for that stradle the line of realism and fantasy like I think COD tries doing a lot.

 

My brother bought me one of them for xmas a few years back and after i'd say ~20h of intense giving it a real good honest shot of gameplay I was like fuck this and never picked up another CoD again..... and hadn't messed w/ any of them previous.

 

The only reason I piped up here is because, to me, the two games aren't even a close comparison for me.  I know a lot of people put CoD on a pedestal as the best FPS game but it just feels washed and cheesy to me, every iteration of it.  I check them out, watch videos, watch my brothers who enjoy them play..... it's just not for me.

 

Youre absolutely right. That was BF's angle. After taking a bath on their last 2x releases ( WW1 and WW2) they decided to switch things up and make it more arcade-y to compete with CoD and changed the setting to something more current

Link to post
Share on other sites

I admit it's not nearly as popular of a game.  I mean this forum is a perfect example.  Everyone in the game thread talks CoD because it's what everyone wants to play together.

 

I like the 45-1h long rounds on BF and the huge games with a ton of players in them.  That's a lot of fun.

 

I really don't think they can ruin a BF game unless they just totally fuck up the mechanics of the franchise and start trying to do something different.  They can "re-skin" it to whatever new war they want, but I think they have the gameplay spot on in a way that I don't see in other games often or at all.

 

I tried playing CS:GO the other day and I was like ugggghhhhhhhhh..... it was so hard to get into.  I feel spoiled by modern shit and it makes it hard for me to go through the old stuff I used to like to play because it hasn't all withstood the test of time.

  • Truth 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dirty_habiT said:

I wish some fucking white knight dev would start making games that didn't have the "pay to win" and "buy my updates so that beta shit I sold you is actually worth a fuck because I rushed it out the door for a corp deadline" baked right into the core.

 

It's an immediate turn off to me when I see "buy this _____ booster pack" or "buy these weapon and player skins/models".  It's turned EVERYONE INTO RICERS w/ mommy and daddy's credit cards.  It's also served to make game dev companies extremely greedy when they've latched onto the idea of the continual "service contract" style of selling software.

 

Wanna go down that rabbit hole? Check out how scummy this is. You know the basics of Score Based MatchMaking right? Heres a recent Acti patent that matches you with shittier players ( making you have better matches where you feel dominant) based on how much you spend on MTXs. The idea here is that you, the better player will entice the weaker players to buy the MTXs youve bought thinking hey if the pro has em i should get them too

 

https://patents.google.com/patent/US20160005270A1/en

  • Props 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dirty_habiT said:

who wtf, that's like psychology baked right into gaming.  This should have never happened and it's a direct result of "money people" being involved in gaming.  It's the exact same thing that happened when the internet shifted from being a nerd/info haven into being a sales platform.

 

Everyone raged for 5 years about lootboxes and gambling in games. This was their answer/fuck you in response to that

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, where said:

yo whats fucked up is its not really that hot imo 

 

Could just be gunked up. You smoke indoors? That did mine in. There's ways you can open it up to clean it, should help with the jet engine take off sound. Voids the warranty but by now I doubt its still covered

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...