Guest Resurrection

8 minutes ago, where said:

Imo its more of an arms race than a results driven climate, every exec they sign  is someone not working for ea or take 2. 

the guys qualified for that gig are probably in short supply. those are def the big three

• Truth 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
3 minutes ago, Kults said:

the guys qualified for that gig are probably in short supply. those are def the big three

Yea there’s a big difference from the golden era of gaming where execs had strong loyalty with devs and some guy that manipulated the news cycle to drive share prices, totally different skill sets. $150 billion will do that.

• Truth 1

3 minutes ago, where said:

Smash tv was my fucking jam BITD

Yo I remember my dad pulled mad strings to get me into rick pitinos summer basketball camp in 97 and I was more hype cause they had that machine there, probably why I’m not in the league 

• Props 1

ya it tends to get tired at this point in the lifespan, need that new entry and soon. 

cyberpunk should be cool so you can look forward to that for the rpg fix

so it’s black ops: cold war, hoping it’s a darker grittier version of blk ops 1. not really feeling all the cryptic shit at this point though, it’s neat but i want a trailer. looking forward to seeing the gameplay, they’re using the mw 2019 engine 

• Like 1

I’d like to see those weird uav jammer boxes from bo1 come back

the ones you can put on the ground to scramble an area

i dont know whether bo1 was a really good cod

or if I just had so much fun playing it because of the homies I was grinding with

i do remember that map Kowloon being sick af 

• Truth 1

I haven't gamed since I was a teenager playing Tony Hawk, Need for Speed and GTA on my PS2.. but this new Tony Hawks game got me hyped to get back onboard

Scored a new decently spec'd PC deal through work this week and figured I might give PC gaming a go, any recommendations on where to start?
Grabbed an xbox game pass last night to play Forza (just cause it was cheaper than buying Forza on its own) and so far I cant use a keyboard as a controller for shit

• Props 2

@aimeri think you can sync an Xbox controller w your PC since they are both Microsoft. Of you can stick w the keyboard and mouse though it seems like you end up getting the better performance 

no idea about pc gaming. I’ve thought about going that route instead of buying new console over and over again though...

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

Yeah I was eyeing off a PS4 or thinking of holding out for a PS5 at the end of the year cause PS all I ever used when I was younger,  but this new work rig fell into my lap so I figured I'd give it a run

Its just a high-ish spec'd laptop, not a full on gaming PC.. but holy shit I gotta say i'm impressed at how far games & graphics have come

Will stick with the keyboard for now but it definitely feels like learning from scratch again haha

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

@aimeri think you can sync an Xbox controller w your PC since they are both Microsoft. Of you can stick w the keyboard and mouse though it seems like you end up getting the better performance 

no idea about pc gaming. I’ve thought about going that route instead of buying new console over and over again though...

I've done both. They both have pros and cons. Console being ease of use and standardized specs so everything just runs. Games and DLC tend to be more expensive on console though. PC can really push the envelope for visuals and field of view. Takes up more space, costs more and doesn't have many of the more action oriented first party console exclusives but you can also use it for more than just gaming. Depending on how tech savvy you are some games can require more troubleshooting to get them to run on PC.

Depends on what you want and what you play really, some games are better/only exist on PC and vice versa

@aimer I'd def get a controller for Forza. Playing racing games with M/KB feels kinda awkward, even in first person

E: should also mention, you can pirate games on PC so anything single player you can essentially get/play for free. I def abused that when I was gaming on PC

• Like 1