Guest Resurrection

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
3 minutes ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

Hope it clears some of the sweats out of core. Don’t expect much change in HC or GW though 

ya im not a BR guy at all. Ill give it a spin for novelty's sake but its not my thing. hope youre right about some sweats

23 hours ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

Hope it clears some of the sweats out of core. Don’t expect much change in HC or GW though 

Does "sweats" mean short for "sweaty neckbeards"?  Btw, I _hate_ BR.  Played all of 2 matches and got down to like the top 3 on whatever game that was that started it all..... and I was like fuck this noise.  Then came all the dumbass skins that people are "grinding" for.  Bleh, takes the fun out of playing games.

• Like 2

sweats in this context just means ‘try hards’ 

play every match like they’re up against scump in the CWL pro league. 

it’s fine to try your best but being campy and playing every single tiny angle gets exhausting

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

I came from the cs1.6 days and played since cs was in beta. That's the game that I think started it all in terms of online multiplayer. I guess quake did too. Played that as well. 

I think I also played doom over ipx/spx on 10baseT network in the early 90s. This new stuff the kids are playing where it's like FPS mixed with mine craft is hot trash imo lol. 

Those facts alone earn me +25 hipster street creds. 

• Like 1
  • Props 1

Oh yeah Unreal Tournament.... man that game spawned and entire generation of games via it's engine.

Fuck goldeneye though.  That game came out around the same time I was already playing PC games with early geforce chipsets.  I HATED using an N64 controller to try to "compete" and split screen just irritates me to no end.  I'm getting salty thinking about how people loved (and still do love) that game so much.

I'd play a remake of it for sure.... just wasn't impressed by it back then.  Can I have my 5 hipster cred points back now for not liking something everyone else likes?

• Truth 1
  • LOL! 1

Moved one of my gaming PCs over to this dancase this morning. This is my intel build. My other gaming pc is in a silver dancase and it's an amd build. Giving the bigger case my intel computer was in to my dad for his new computer. 

these are predominantly used for plying street fighter five and running virtual machines. They will run basically any modern game at the highest detail though. 

BF0475E0-D4A7-452D-8BAB-B960B525FDBA.jpeg

7C75E3ED-A7EC-446A-9322-8DA983EB65CF.jpeg

1CF8C936-DC6D-4C84-AA2E-178A3D75415D.jpeg

E4E235E9-D436-4202-9757-1954BEBBBE9B.jpeg

9B8CC871-D166-4D9C-8A56-B2F2B41DF973.jpeg

• Props 3

39 minutes ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

Can use for VR and basically a home entertainment end-all-be-all I imagine? @Dirty_habiT. Been thinking of converting to PC master race but the idea of learning WASD for FPS at 34 y/o is intimidating. 

127528A7-AB0C-4E82-8498-B1C9C7389222.jpeg

ya man, you can always play with a controller on your PC but you’ll get stomped with no aim assist against dedicated M/KBers

59 minutes ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

I’m already too slow on the sticks! The reflexes of a pre-teen/teen are just too sharp. I usually play with beer on deck too so I’m certain that doesn’t help lol. @Kults

that’ll do it. i smoke when i play, i’m sure im not as sharp as i could be. i rely on situational awareness and experience to bridge the gap with the yungins 

doesn’t always work lol 

• Props 1

1 hour ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

Can use for VR and basically a home entertainment end-all-be-all I imagine? @Dirty_habiT. Been thinking of converting to PC master race but the idea of learning WASD for FPS at 34 y/o is intimidating.

Yes, both of the gaming PCs I recently built (within last ~2 years) can do VR and act as a home entertainment console.  I kinda don't like using them for that though because I think navigating a PC operating system from my couch is annoying.  Maybe if you had a nice "visor" that you could load so it acted like an Apple TV.  Btw, that's what I use for my living room entertainment.... just an AppleTV, it works great.  Highly recommend.

I wouldn't worry too much about learning WASD.... in fact, I would learn SDFE.... because it allows you to have more options around your fingers.  Just my advice if you are going to learn a new thing.

I highly recommend building your own pc.  Use https://pcpartpicker.com/ - system builder.  I did not drop $2k on each of my pc's all at once btw.  I bought them in sections and got most of the parts together before assembly.  My recommendations for a modern gaming pc that will stand for a long time.

1. Select the case you will use before anything else.... this will require selecting your motherboard's "form factor".  Traditionally people had ATX.  Both of the DanCase PCs I built are Mini-ITX form factors.  This signifies the dimensions of the motherboard.  Mini-ITX is very small.  Make sure the case you select supports the form factor of the motherboard you want.

2. AMD or Intel.  They're both good.  AMD is a little cheaper per performance cost.  Buy NAME BRAND motherboards.  Don't cheap out or you will regret it when your system gives up the ghost in less than 2 years of use.

3. Buy 32G of ram or more.  You won't easily use this all up.  Just imagine having 60 tabs open in browsers and not having your computer skip a beat.  If you can only get 16GB right now, make sure your motherboard has enough slots to add more later.  So if you have 2 slots, don't buy 2 8GB sticks because you can only afford 16GB right now.  Buy one 16GB stick so that when you have the money you can buy another 16GB stick and use that other slot to have 32GB total.  You get the idea, don't fill up the slots on your motherboard with ram unless you're buying the "end game" amount of RAM you intend to have in the system.

4. Buy a NAME BRAND video card.  It doesn't have to be top of the line in terms of model.  If you cheap out and buy that 1080GTX card from no name korean manufacturer, you can count on it shitting the bed within some finite amount of time.

5. Buy a monitor that does FreeSync or GSync.  FreeSync for AMD based systems/Radeon cards.  GSync for Intel/NVidia cards.  This will allow you to game at 144mhz.  Blistering frame rate with no image "tearing".

6. Buy two hard disks.  NVME for your OS so it boots stupid fast and a standard Solid State for your data.  Don't install applications and games on your OS disk like most people do.  Install them on your Data drive and keep your OS files/updates separate.  Both of my pc's can go from powered off to fully booted in ~10-15 seconds... ready to login and click on Street Fighter 5.

If you follow those things you shouldn't have to replace your PC within the next few years.  Take your time, keep your eye on the prize, and eat one less sushi dinner per month and you'll be there in no time.