Guest Resurrection

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
10 minutes ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

Nah, don’t plan on buying any

I haven't yet but considering it. For 1000CP you basically get a bunch of cosmetics and even make the CP back if you grind it out. I'm not really into the cosmetic stuff unless its blueprints for weapons though.

All that being said, I feel I kinda have to support this new monetization model if I don't want supply drops coming back. Dropping a 10$ every other month doesn't seem too egregious. 

6 minutes ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

Hope next season battle pass has more class slots 🥴

Right?! especially with the gunsmith this year, i feel I need more slots than ever for variants. 

Rest assured daddy Acti will sell us more down the line. I miss the prestige system

Also, noticed how they dont display deaths on the in game scoreboard anymore? More noob coddling so they dont see just how bad theyre getting crushed? Then they go and add a watch in a 25$ bundle that displays your K/D in game.. scummy

4 minutes ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

I’ve noticed the not seeing deaths has really decreased how much I rage quit. Maybe I just don’t get as pissed as I used to tho too. @Kults

Its psychological but knowing SBMM is so heavy handed this year I back out of many lobbies. Ive found a hard reset of the console usually knocks you back into neutral lobbies. If Ive played a few games and its obvious the SBMM kicked in I do that.

Its a pain in the ass. Better that then getting thrown in the pro league qualifiers on my 5th match though

We better get used to it. 99.9% sure this is the model/framework they will use going forward seeing as to how this is far and away their most played game this gen

https://charlieintel.com/modern-warfare-is-the-most-played-call-of-duty-game-of-this-generation-passed-1-billion-in-sales/58609/

Activision’s Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® continues to drive momentum delivering new highs in multiplayer engagement within the franchise for this console generation. Modern Warfare has outpaced all previous Call of Duty multiplayer experiences of this generation in hours played, hours per player and average daily players on its way to becoming the most played Call of Duty multiplayer in the first 50 days since launch in six years.

https://charlieintel.com/additional-details-activisions-new-matchmaking-patent/

Activision defines the variables that a score can be generated on by the following criteria. They use this criteria to generate a match score for how a player felt after a match.

Latency between players (e.g., a delay time for data communication between players’ gaming systems or platforms such that lower latency is preferentially matched)
A player skill level
Ateam composition (e.g., a role played by each player of a potential match)
A presence or absence of preferred players (e.g., clan members, friends, etc.)
A time that a player has waited to be matched (e.g., a player having a longer wait time may be preferentially matched)
A location of a player (e.g., players geographically close to one another may be preferentially matched.
The patent states that the matchmaking system could then assign a general coefficient to each of the variables depending on the importance of each. It claims that a game designer can pick which of the variables should be the most important for the game.

Here’s an example:

“The coefficient may be expressed as a multiplier, a percentage, and/or other value that can be used to weight a match variable relative to one or more other match variables. The coefficient may be set to zero (or an equivalent metric) such that the given match variable is not considered when generating a match score. For example, if the latency variable is assigned with a coefficient of zero (or other value that indicates that latency should not be used), scoring engine 122 may ignore the latency variable when generating a match score. In this manner, a game designer or others may determine which match variables will be used to generate match scores and/or weights for the match variables. Alternatively or additionally, the game designer or others may remove match variables from consideration altogether (and/or add new match variables).”

3 minutes ago, Kults said:

Its psychological but knowing SBMM is so heavy handed this year I back out of many lobbies. Ive found a hard reset of the console usually knocks you back into neutral lobbies. If Ive played a few games and its obvious the SBMM kicked in I do that.

Its a pain in the ass. Better that then getting thrown in the pro league qualifiers on my 5th match though

My W:L is better than its prolly ever been since I don’t have all those Ls from backing out. Used to spam that Select button after each death lol. It seems like host migration is a thing of the past? Not sure of this helps with that or are there dedicated servers now?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

My W:L is better than its prolly ever been since I don’t have all those Ls from backing out. Used to spam that Select button after each death lol. It seems like host migration is a thing of the past? Not sure of this helps with that or are there dedicated servers now?

No dedicated servers and the tick rate is something abysmal like 12Hz. This is exacerbated by the fact that they prioritize skill over connection in the matchmaking. Complete trash.

Oh my W/L is in the toilet, idc. Ill do everything I can to skew their dumb ass system

2 minutes ago, Kults said:

No dedicated servers and the tick rate is something abysmal like 12Hz. This is exacerbated by the fact that they prioritize skill over connection in the matchmaking. Complete trash.

Oh my W/L is in the toilet, idc. Ill do everything I can to skew their dumb ass system

On that note..in Infinite Warfare Id tie elastic bands on my controller, and leave the PS4 running all day to stack keys to beat their supply drop system. My K/D got annihilated but I had every gun.

Thats nice

A new report from ITEP, which looks into income taxes for some of the largest companies in the world, has revealed that Activision Blizzard paid $0 in federal taxes in 2018.

The company had an effective tax rate of -51% in 2018, which lead to US Tax Payers having to pay $228 million to Activision Blizzard instead as a tax rebate.

Here’s the chart from ITEP, which shows that Activision Blizzard took in $447 million in US income, and had an effective rate of -51%.

https://charlieintel.com/activision-blizzard-paid-0-in-taxes-in-2018-took-228-million-from-tax-payers/58639/

• 3 weeks later...

Who is up for a game of Mario Kart 64 and challenge my title?

20200118_010359.thumb.jpg.b4752ef97f3ddb3333d05d1b3707839a.jpg

Oh wait!! You live in the present! I have a 64 still and youuuuuuuuu don't!

GIF-200118_011210.gif.987d618999dde3e5e5cdc39bbbdeb373.gif

Screenshot_20200118-010934_Firefox.thumb.jpg.f249aaaa8d5bc495fce64bc64a5ac982.jpg

Suck it.

Edited by T4M*
  • LOL! 3

4 minutes ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

@Kultswhat rank you at on battle pass? I just hit 70 I think I can get to 100 before season 2

Hmm good question. Havent been playing much lately. I think 50 ish. Def not topping out.

To be completely honest, the SBMM and lack of a proper prestige system just destroyed my will to grind this year. Ill play one or two matches and just go do something else afterwards.

Every single match feels like ranked and you gotta sweat/camp your balls off to get those kills, its just not as fun.

• Truth 1

2 minutes ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

For some reason it seems like all the noobs are in hardcore. Been playing HC TDM/Dom almost exclusively 

try it out!

@Kults

You're right. There are more noobs there but given how heavy handed the score based matchmaking is Ill never see them cause Im half decent.