Guest Resurrection

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 1 month later...

I need to play the metro games I have still.  I hit some place early on with my old video card that just ruined performance / crashed.  None of the settings seemed to fix it ?

On 12/15/2017 at 2:51 PM, OliverHart said:

what are some good playstation 3 games?

Disgaea: Hour of Darkness  -- The disgaea series are more or less Pokemon for adult sadomasochists.  Your characters can level up to some ridiculous number like 300+ in the first game.  To get everything "powered up" you need to reincarnate them and level up to 300+ again, then go into their items and level those up by beating 100 floors multiple times per item.  The later games removed a bunch of the caps or raised them so level cap is 9999 with various other crap running into the billions / trillions.  Basically they created a game absolutely nobody was expected to finish / play all of, then because reasons people did anyway.  Worth checking out for the main campaign levels which don't have any of that insane grindfest and actually aren't all that long for a jrpg.

I can't think of a ton else really.  I'm considering picking up The Last of Us if it will actually run on either of the crazy dev PS3s I have, need to find that out first.  Otherwise I mostly use it as a PS2 / PSX player...  one of them has the emotion engine hardware. 

So this is what the guy behind Metal Gear Solid is doing.   Ate up as fuck. 

On 12/17/2016 at 9:55 PM, wanderlvst said:

Kingspray Graffiti Simulator is kick ass creative tool. Multiplay lets you collaborate with other players. Choose different tips, pressures, colors, walls, and save your artwork to watch replays of after. It's awesome to have this instantly.

Does it have support for non VR?  AKA a normal display?

Does it support Wacom tablets, touchpads, or mice, which everyone is used to using instead of holding dumbbells and waving their arms in front of themselves like a fucking jackass?

What about a LeapMotion? 

Basically, instead of $300-500 worth of computer hardware that's absolutely fucking useless otherwise, can you use it with fucking anything that can do other useful things?  Even a mouse and normal monitor would count. 

I mean dear god.

For everybody else here, anyone want to mess with https://drawpile.net/ ?    There are a bunch of public servers going if nobody wants to start one. 

Drawpile does have Windows Ink support so it works with Wacom tablets & whatever else you can use with that.  It's not doing rotation or tilt but the pressure options work well.   I'll see what the server requirements are, probably don't have the bandwidth but we can take over a public or find somewhere else to run one...  Most of the cloud hosts are free if you stay with their basic machines so I might be able to throw it on my AWS account.

Yeah, I'm with you on that.  I'm really hoping for a PC port after the PS4 release since it's gotten so much easier to do PC <-> PS <-> XBOX ports with this generation of consoles and there's more video hardware to abuse on the PC side.  The Final Fantasy XV Windows version is amazing even if it's about 140GB of download for the game + the free higher res texture pack they released.

15 minutes ago, GnomeToys said:

Yeah, I'm with you on that.  I'm really hoping for a PC port after the PS4 release since it's gotten so much easier to do PC <-> PS <-> XBOX ports with this generation of consoles and there's more video hardware to abuse on the PC side.  The Final Fantasy XV Windows version is amazing even if it's about 140GB of download for the game + the free higher res texture pack they released.

Sony bought Kojimas studio outright. Never gonna happen. Its a Sony exclusive.

• Truth 2

Figures.  I really wish they'd stop doing that.  I'll just wait and see if I can find a cheap PS4.  If I can cheap enough it might be worthwhile for this and Kingdom Hearts III.  I used to play the hell out of original DOOM and still would if I could find somebody to play deathmatch games with so any graphics downgrade from high-end GPU -> console or current gen -> previous gen doesn't bother me in the slightest anymore. 

Pictured:  Sora fighting alongside Johnny Depp's Mick Jagger impersonation:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I haven't had time to play in a while but I'll get back to gaming. I just wanted to say 'The Last of Us' is one of the best games I've ever played.

What are some other (recent generation) games you like?

Seems like too many good games are getting released all at once to keep up... Detroit: Become Human, all the recent Assassin's Creeds, God of War, Spider-Man, etc.

• Truth 1

I like Red Dead Redemption 2. This game is very popular now, so its advantages are known to all: the coolest graphics development, a great engine, characters, locations, etc. It's a pity that I began to play it during the session (but it’s good that you can prepare with the homework assignment help of this resource) and I couldn’t always spend enough time on this process. Disadvantages: well, this game is all a clone of GTA and here it may seem to the fans of this series predictable. But, it's only at first glance.

Edited by etering

12 hours ago, TheoHuxtable.. said:

Looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077:

So am I but to be perfectly honest..for me personally they squandered a lot of the hype. They released the teaser for it over a decade ago. Been waiting way too long at this point. It better be the second coming when it finally drops cause the expectations are sky high.

14 hours ago, Dirty_habiT said:

I finally made it to Super Platinum rank on Street Fighter 5.  That makes me top 28k in the world and top 6k in the USA.

@fat ralphy- I'll send you a friend invite even though I don't play that game.

Thats sick. Im partial to SF2 and the Alpha series myself, could never get into 4-5 but thats a sick score

I use a bottom tier character (FANG).  I used to play SF2, that's what I started on in 1992.  Now, I can't play it because the mechanics are so outdated.  I mean, I'm good at it still, it just feels super clunky and old.

I think a big thing that helps is to have a custom joystick.  I started w/ a MadCatz T.E.2 stick and put a kowol mod, a 2lb joystick spring, and a set of HBFS-30 Game Finger brand buttons in it.  The joystick is now VERY quiet and responsive.

• Truth 1

8 minutes ago, Dirty_habiT said:

I use a bottom tier character (FANG).  I used to play SF2, that's what I started on in 1992.  Now, I can't play it because the mechanics are so outdated.  I mean, I'm good at it still, it just feels super clunky and old.

I think a big thing that helps is to have a custom joystick.  I started w/ a MadCatz T.E.2 stick and put a kowol mod, a 2lb joystick spring, and a set of HBFS-30 Game Finger brand buttons in it.  The joystick is now VERY quiet and responsive.

Thats pretty dedicated Im not on your level with it. I bought the SF collection few months back, Im a purist like that I prefer sprites for SF. Got a good kick of nostalgia playing the games on the collection, youre absolutely right they are outdated by now but it takes me back to the days of spending my afternoons at the arcade and just hanging out smoking cigs and messing about.

51XxUNnNy1L._AC_SX430_.jpg

As far as single player games go that I'm looking forward to, Death Stranding and Metro Exodus are both looking really good.

One game I would suggest if anyone enjoys indie/puzzle games is FEZ, the mechanics are amazing and really bizzare, worth looking at imo

11 hours ago, Brink said:

As far as single player games go that I'm looking forward to, Death Stranding and Metro Exodus are both looking really good.

One game I would suggest if anyone enjoys indie/puzzle games is FEZ, the mechanics are amazing and really bizzare, worth looking at imo

The creator of FEZ is a local. He’s a real chode lol

• LOL! 1

12 minutes ago, Brink said:

Yea, still a good game though ?

Yes,it is. Well done and he made the whole thing himself. Hes fkn insufferable though. He has a rep in the neighborhood bars I frequent. Lol.

phil-fish.jpg

Edited by Kults