Guest Resurrection

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

VFOR

Yeah man i think you're right, I'm just jonesing for some sweet lost time to a game.

I think in the last year, at least 3/5 holiday periods taken have been on game release.

Oh fuck, I am so excited thinking of what Bethesda can do with the new console, I am hoping for a Fallout game in a non-US country; think Australia would be a boss location :)

Also, has anyone played Metro Last Light? Thoughts?

An aside: Bioshock Infinite was I think the last game I played. Weird [and creepy] as fuck listening to all that racist shit as someone of colour, knowing it's not that far from actual attitudes relatively recently.

metal_gear_solid_the_legacy_collection_raw.jpg

Wanna get the Metal Gear Legacy Collection... Only played MGS 2 and 4... never actually finished a Metal Gear game so I will try to play through all of these to catch up.

That franchise was my shit. I've only played the original Metal Gear in an arcade but I've beaten Metal Gear Solid 1,2,3,4 all a few times

All of them at least once w no kills, deaths, alerts, or rations and within a few hours game time.

You get different unlocks for each of the above accomplishments so I would just go thru once and get all of them

No alerts = stealth camo unlock

No kills = bandana for unlimited ammo etc etc etc

I'm still real bummed thy changed the franchise to a hack n slash.

I'm considering switching to xbox1 now that the franchise is dead for me.

OK So I'm a ps gamer through and through these days

My dad got me first console (NES) at around the age of 4? Brought it back from Japan :)

Ex-bloke took ps3 in breakup (I got the vinyl collection, admittedly a win) - and then I forgot to grab my SNES which had Donkey Kong Country, Maria All Stars, Mario Kart, Zelda - all the classics

Question is, do I get a replacement PS3 or just suck it up til Xmas and treat myself to the ps4?

Having HUGE withdrawal from games, gutted bout TLOU and also GTA V.

Consensus?

What I would suggest is....

Wait til ps4 drops and buy a ps3. They will drop to like <$100

Fuck w that until the 2nd gen ps4 drops a lil while down the road and trade in the ps3 for credit towards it.

I would bet money the 1st gen of both new systems will have problems when they first release

I'm planning on waiting for 2nd gen.

That franchise was my shit. I've only played the original Metal Gear in an arcade but I've beaten Metal Gear Solid 1,2,3,4 all a few times

All of them at least once w no kills, deaths, alerts, or rations and within a few hours game time.

You get different unlocks for each of the above accomplishments so I would just go thru once and get all of them

No alerts = stealth camo unlock

No kills = bandana for unlimited ammo etc etc etc

Yeah man that Legacy collection is great. Every Metal Gear game ever. Although the Metal Gear Solid 1 (PS) game is download only (code included) -- I wish it was on a disc.

I'm still real bummed thy changed the franchise to a hack n slash.

I'm considering switching to xbox1 now that the franchise is dead for me.

Are you talking about that "Metal Gear Rising" game (hack n slash)? To my understanding that's just an offshoot of the franchise, and the regular Metal Gear series will still employ the stealth and tactical elements. I heard Rising was still a good game though. Just don't play it expecting it to be like the Metal Gear you're used to.

only played a bit of metal gear solid 2 & none of three, four, or however many future/flashback ones there are now, but metal gear solid for ps was probably one of my favourite games of all time.. beat the whole thing at least 3-4 times & unlocked a lot of the secrets:

forget which ending scenario gets you which bonus item (you start with at the next beginning of the game), but it depends on whether meryl survives with you - bandana or invisibility (you obviously want to beat the game at least twice so you can breeze through it once with both items)

think after beating it 3 times, you get to play it over with snake wearing a tuxedo

theres also ghosts hidden in the game you can flick with the camera (only shows up after if you flick the right spots)

psycho mantis (boss with the gas mask who flies & has psychic powers) cant read your controller ("mind") if you switch slots during his encounter. tried this, but idk if it made too much of a difference

while running through the areas with wolves, they wont bite you if your item is set to grey wolf or whatevers handkerchief. then they just make cute sounds & have a little heart icon floating above them

more but cant remember

the graphics are so shit compared to the other ones of course, but it was one of those double-disc games at the time with a lot of work put into it. came out well

also I've been playing Shadow Run Returns a little bit lately which is a sequel to a nintendo game from back in the day that got funded through Kick Starter.

I haven't finished it yet, but I've heard some people say its pretty short.

Its only $20 on Steam atm though.

A mix between cyberpunk and fantasy (ie there are orcs and elves and shit) rpg which kinda reminded me of fallout 2 as far as gameplay style goes.

400px-Shadowrun_returns_logo.jpg

shadowrun-returns-770x472.jpg

shadowrunreturns5301.jpg

shadowrun-Returns-1.jpg

Anyone play BattleField3 for PS3?

yessir

tkwW8Orl.jpg

6jviLFAl.jpg

My name is DOOKIE_BUTTAZ...add me. I'm pretty good. I've been going on a tear recently. Can't wait until part 4 comes out. My friend REAPER is awesome too and he just started playing this game. He's in first place in both pics lol

• 1 month later...

Anyone had problems with PS3's simply freezing up and dying. I had a few issues where it would freeze mid game and now I haven't been able to turn it on for a while. I'm dying to play the new GTA but if I can't fix it myself then I'll just chuck it. Don't have the money to replace it right now.

Somewhere at Mums place I have my PS1 so I can get onto this in the meantime.

SH1Boxart.png

Anyone had problems with PS3's simply freezing up and dying. I had a few issues where it would freeze mid game and now I haven't been able to turn it on for a while.

My PS3 is brand new (bought it a few months ago) and it freezes all the time. I have to turn it off and back on at least 3 times a week. People like to hate on Xbox because of the RROD but I find this to be equally as faulty.

I also really hate how slow the user interface is on the PS3. It takes so long to check a message a friend sent me or anything I want to do on the menu. It takes literally about 2 mins to load my trophies and thus I never check them. Not to mention, most games I play on PS3 the frame rate looks very choppy/unstable compared to Xbox. I think in that regard Xbox is far superior. The UI is so much smoother and you can navigate 10x faster than PS3. The ability to have party chats is also a huge advantage for Xbox. I had no idea that PS3 didn't have that feature when I bought the system. It's frustrating to only be able to chat with your friends when you're in a game lobby together...I hope PS4 changes all these issues because that's the system I most likely will be getting first. As for this console generation I feel the 360 was clearly the better system. I happily paid for Xbox live because I think they had far more services to offer and at a better quality. Feel free to disagree with me and I would like to hear some counter arguments.

my little nigga started middle school this week. so that just means I am way older than I thought.

I mean I not 35, but I ain't 29, that shit make a nigga feel stupid old.

regardless. I pre-ordered GTA5 for him at the end of last year for getting all A's and a couple B's on his final report card.

now the little nigga pissed at me, cause I told him the second that ass get suspended, detention, anything, and I take that shit to my crib Monday through Friday. the little nigga been in school a few days, and already got into a fight with his boy.

make babies, steal their video games, DAD of the Year nigga.

fuck your story, I don't even spray, bro.