Guest Resurrection

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

So what's the deal with Skyrim? I love love love huge immersive games to spend hours in, Mass Effect is probably my favorite game of this type, but I had given Oblivion a try a long time ago and didn't quite get into it. I put in like 20 hours and felt that I had not progressed at all. I suspect it had to do with bad choices in picking a character class (too talky, not enough fighty), and clunky combat that meant my ass was constantly handed to me.

I avoided Fallout cause I thought it might suffer the same issue. Now this one is out and peole are raving about it and I'm torn if I should give it a try.

I'm pretty much just interested right now in getting some cool armor, so I do a lot of hunting, and then convert the hides into bracers which moves up the smithing skill pretty fast.

Dog, make easy armor/weapons to get a high level in smithing, then use petty soul gems for enchanting. I just made legendary dragon armor, and its all enchanted like crazy. /Nerd

So what's the deal with Skyrim?

I'd play that game just to be able to put buckets on people and play with physics with my horse.

fKtzs.png.

I've logged 18 hours of Assassin's Creed: Revelations and I'm not even 20% complete. Thank god it's a short work week!

Need for Speed: Outrun isn't too bad. I'd say rent it or wait until the price drops.

• 2 months later...
Currently debating between Saints row, Batman or Rage. Any input?

Definitely Batman.

I've heard of Rage, I have not idea what it's about, or what category of game it is. Saints Row is a shameful rip off of GTA4, it's more comedic and ridiculous than GTA4. Only noticable differences are the lack of travelling after a mission (you just get warped elsewhere upon completion), and there's a few aerial vehicles.

This thread kind of died; everybody must still be playing Skyrim or got sucked into Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

On another note, I finished my second playthrough of Mass Effect 2, although I need to finish the Arrival add-on.

I just got my order from Newegg of three games I for a pretty good price:

Deathsmiles

Castlevania: Lord of Shadow

Eternal Sonata

I paid $35 for all three, brand-new. So, low-risk if you ask me. If one or two are bad (I'm banking on Castlevania being worth the entire purchase), I won't be as upset with myself unlike I would had I paid $50-60 for each one.