Guest Resurrection

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

So after beating Arkham Asylum on 360, I played the PS3 version of Arkham Asylum to see what the Joker levels are like. Pretty much the same as the Batman Challenge Mode levels, except you're fighting the "good guys" as Joker. If you ask me, PS3 doesn't have a huge advantage. A nice add-on but nothing special.

One thing I notice though is that 360's graphics are slightly better. And this surprises me because the PS3 is the more powerful system. But I've read that developers find it harder to tap in to the PS3's full potential, while the 360 is much easier to work with. It's not readily noticeable, I mean both games have dope graphics. But if you're trying to spot the differences, you'll notice that 360 graphics tend to have better lighting, more vibrant color ranges, and smoother graphics. PS3 graphics are sharper, but also slightly more pixelated. And the lighting isn't as good. Another thing I don't understand is why PS3 games only go up to 720p, and no games up to 1080p like the 360.

/endnerdrant

so im up in the air about what system to giet..i wanted teh ps3 cus ive always been a ps fan, but looking at the amount of games the 360 have and the amount ps3 have..im leaning toward the 360....thoughts...?

Good choice.

360 has a better selection games, and has better graphics (not by much, but slightly noticeable). PS3 has better multimedia capabilities, especially Blu-Ray... and online service is free, while 360 charges like $50 a year. People tend to say 360 has a better online service, but that "free" shit is hard to beat. But $50 a year isn't expensive; only just over $4 a month.

I have both systems so I'm not no system fanboy, but just giving my opinion. The only games I have on PS3 are exclusive titles.

One thing I notice though is that 360's graphics are slightly better. And this surprises me because the PS3 is the more powerful system. But I've read that developers find it harder to tap in to the PS3's full potential, while the 360 is much easier to work with. It's not readily noticeable, I mean both games have dope graphics. But if you're trying to spot the differences, you'll notice that 360 graphics tend to have better lighting, more vibrant color ranges, and smoother graphics. PS3 graphics are sharper, but also slightly more pixelated. And the lighting isn't as good. Another thing I don't understand is why PS3 games only go up to 720p, and no games up to 1080p like the 360.

That's right about the PS3's graphics/development, it has a multi-chip processor or something along that line. I don't get the lack of being able to display 1080p either, I think most PS3 games are capable of playing in 1080p - like it says on the back of a particular games' box, for me the XMB (main menu) is displayed in 1080p but when I put a 1080p game in such as GTA4 it automatically switches to 720p, I've seen the same thing happen at a friend's house.

• 2 weeks later...

I just played the demo for Brutal Legend and it was awesome! I was skeptical about it because I'm not a huge Jack Black fan, but I was more than impressed with this game...I'm putting my money down on it today.

I also played the demos for NBA 2k10 and NBA Live...I've always been a 2k guy, but after playing the demo I'm kinda leaning towards Live this year...I'll have to rent them both before I make my decision.

I just played the demo for Brutal Legend and it was awesome! I was skeptical about it because I'm not a huge Jack Black fan, but I was more than impressed with this game...I'm putting my money down on it today.

its not necessarily about being a jack black fan, its more about being a tim schaffer fan

I heard EA Sports used one of the main 2K developers to help them on Live. I'll check out the demos for both. I've been a 2K guy for the past few years as well. Maybe Live will catch up this year.
Live seemed to flow better to me, when ever I'd take a shot on 2K it just seemed stiff. 1st I was like ok that's Rashard Lewis that's how he shoots no big deal...But after a few minutes of playing I noticed all the players shot like that. Lewis has a nice shot in real life but it's not so smooth in NBA 2K. One other thing I noticed was NBA Live looked better graphically...Shit NBA 2K8 looks better than 2K10 on my tv.

I'm hoping it's just the demo, cause I had high hopes for this one...That's why I'm going to rent both of them before handing over 60 bucks to Gamestop.

its not necessarily about being a jack black fan, its more about being a tim schaffer fan

True. I'm looking forward to this game, fond memories of all the old PC games give me high expectations for this.

Went nuts when I first heard they were going to release Monkey Island over xbl, and I've played through it so much now, just like old times.

Modern Warfare 2... between working and this game it looks like I'm not gonna get much else done come November.