Guest Resurrection

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

does anyone remember Perfect Dark on N64?

that game had so many options for multiplayer, it was sick

there still to this day has not been a game that has as many options and tracks as much stuff.

and the way you could set up wars with you and your friend vs. different types of AI was so awesome

i was a big nerd with that game, i had like 30,000 kills lol

my friend got to like 7% on hard

I got to like 5% on my best go.

Who knows why the fuck you have the strum all those notes in the beginning? They should be hammerons.

What sucks is T4M is better than me at this game, ahah.

How the fuck did you get 76% of the way thru it? Do you constantly play it or something? This song is fucking impossible, I only get 3 stars on medium.:lol:

Yeah maybe so

But I had 1 more go after playing my friend on medium (as he sucks ahha) and got 77 %

Have you passed it yet t4m?

I think i will, once i pass that intro it is pretty easy until the 2nd solo. I missed some star power section i can hit if i try again, just gotta get into the zone.

Maybe a couple beers would help??

244397385_Newpics239.jpg.9f07b99daf24b66618b8723f2d5a4445.jpg

l_8a5ef97215e41959dbfc5c09cf9747cb.jpg

Closer still, but a subsequent attempt left me at 68%, just shy of T4M's 69% he posted.

You need to save your star power at max for those solos to get thru them. This go I probably could have passed easy but I messed up when I used my star power, but my hand is now worn out from all this insanity. I'm going to hate to see my % score when I finish it though, will keep 12oz updated. LOl

Boy attacked by moose "feigns death," thanks WoW

http://www.wowinsider.com/2007/12/05/boy-attacked-by-moose-feigns-death-thanks-wow/

A Norwegian news site is reporting that a young boy and his sister were attacked by a moose (same thing happened to my sister once), and the boy reportedly "taunted' the moose away from his sister, and then feigned death, causing the moose to lose aggro and leave. "Just like you learn in level 30 in World of Warcraft," the boy is reportedly quoted as saying.

Cynic that I am, I find it hard believing any of this is true at all-- maybe one of our Norwegian readers (and I know we have them, because I met two at BlizzCon) can let us know whether "Nettavisen" is to be trusted as a source or not. But even if it is true, I'm just as hesitant to jump to praise WoW for supposedly helping as I am to condemn it for supposedly hurting.

Still, I'm glad the kid came out of it OK, and if WoW is to thank, all the better. Now if only he'd been able to control his DPS in the first place, he'd never have aggroed at all.

Hahaha

also, how longs the warranty on thsi bitch? should i have bought the besybuy one for $60. it says in the xbox that if i dont send microsoft 49.99, my warranty is only 3 months and that if my xbox fucks up i have to pay mad bank. is thsi true? soudns pretty fucked up!

you have a 3-year warranty for any issues regarding the three flashing red lights.

Dude, why the fuck are people speeding through Assassin's Creed? That game is meant for you to take your sweet time savoring each moment, not to race through it completing the minimum investigations, then barging in and killing your targets.

I've been taking my sweet time playing it bit by bit every night, completing all the investigations, and it's spectacular. I just finished the 8th assassination, and it kicked a whole lot of ass. I took my time to get rid of all the archers, find the target among the duplicates, kill a few surrounding guards for distraction, then sneak up to the dude, who was completely surrounded, and took him out before anyone noticed. Then I hauled ass out of there, and went on an insane chase, avoiding the easy to find hiding spots. The whole thing took me about an hour. I couldve easily just barged in and fought everyone and killed the guy in 15 minutes, but that would just be fucking stupid and pointless.

Dude, why the fuck are people speeding through Assassin's Creed? That game is meant for you to take your sweet time savoring each moment, not to race through it completing the minimum investigations, then barging in and killing your targets.

I've been taking my sweet time playing it bit by bit every night, completing all the investigations, and it's spectacular. I just finished the 8th assassination, and it kicked a whole lot of ass. I took my time to get rid of all the archers, find the target among the duplicates, kill a few surrounding guards for distraction, then sneak up to the dude, who was completely surrounded, and took him out before anyone noticed. Then I hauled ass out of there, and went on an insane chase, avoiding the easy to find hiding spots. The whole thing took me about an hour. I couldve easily just barged in and fought everyone and killed the guy in 15 minutes, but that would just be fucking stupid and pointless.

Word to that Mams. You know how to play a fucking game (which isn't that fucking hard). My friends and i hate these people who just beat a game to beat it. Play it like it should be played. Although i got sidetracked with Mass Effect (couldn't help myself and had to try it out before finishing AC), i'm still playing through AC, nice and paced, like it should be. Its def really fun.

Assassin's creed was just the same thing over and over again for me. THATs why after the first 3 assassinations, i ONLY did the minimum number of investigations (cause it was the same shit as before) that game was lame to me man. it took all the coolness and just turned it into a shitfest

Ok, my 360 just stopped being able to read disks of games

For some reason, Gears of War, which is really scratched up, seems to be able to work everytime I play it, but all my other games which arent scratched at all, wont fucking work.

If my warranty has ran out, how much does it cost to get your 360 fixed or replaced? and am i going to be waiting months to get my 360 back if i go through microsoft?

I don't know. Doing the investigations is a way for me to get from point to point exploring the city, I don't necessarily do them because they're exciting. It's awesome to explore how the architecture changes, how crowds gather in certain communal places, and finding escape routes that emphasize neat acrobatics.

I guess if you didn't enjoy the first 3 assassinations, you wont enjoy the rest. I loved them, and spacing the game out and making a point to approach each of the rest of them differently has made me enjoy the hell out of the game. Not only that, but switching things up a little every once in a while... getting flags, dive-bombing archers, and getting into massive fights using only the hidden blade.

Dude from Penny Arcade summed up my feelings pretty well.

I didn't just gun through it skipping everything. I actually finished everything except for the jerusalem flags. I did all of the investigations and took my time to follow the story through all of the cut scenes and what not. When I said I ran through it in 2 days it was a Saturday & a Sunday session when it was too cold to be outside... but about 16 hours total playing time. And I will say... illest graphics and controls I have seen yet for any console.

You can get into big fights with just the hidden-blade? They always catch my attempt and push me away unless i stealth kill them.

And i hear ya, i ;like to play the game like i was really doing it. Planning out entrances and escape routes.

Yeah. You gotta counter-attack, which is tough cause the smaller the blade, the smaller the timing window to counter. And you can also grab them, toss em to the ground, and get them while they're down.

You can't block, so make sure you either dodge or hit that counter right. It's not easy, but it's rewarding, it has awesome finishing animations.

Dosa, that's insane. I can't possibly think of doing all of that in two days.