New Forum - Features worth checking out, tips and tricks

misteraven

• 1 month later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Idk where to post this, so don’t jump me. 

A while back back I put a link to this thread In My IG bio and bump it on my story. 

For the the second time now, (I thought the first time was because of something in my end. I replaced the link with a fresh one and it worked.) 

last night someone told me the same thing. The link I post (that once worked) is disabled.  I replace it with a fresh link and it goes right to this thread.  

Idk what it’s about. Just wanted to make note of it. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/22/2020 at 11:53 AM, SMdoubleXL said:

Idk where to post this, so don’t jump me. 

A while back back I put a link to this thread In My IG bio and bump it on my story. 

For the the second time now, (I thought the first time was because of something in my end. I replaced the link with a fresh one and it worked.) 

last night someone told me the same thing. The link I post (that once worked) is disabled.  I replace it with a fresh link and it goes right to this thread.  

Idk what it’s about. Just wanted to make note of it. 

Sorry, not sure I understand. Can you post the link and maybe a screen grab or something?

• 1 month later...
  • misteraven unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

So I'm going to stray slightly off topic and open up discussion in regards to the "reactions" on here. If you don't know what I'm talking about, skim this thread.

Anyhow, its been a while and I thought it was worth revising them to make them more useful. There's a few that don't really get used and a few that I think might be missing (like a simple acknowledgment that the post was seen). I also think I'll change the algorithm for how points are tallied up (given and subtracted). Also looking into what plugins or extensions are offered to further gamily the process and see if this might be a little more fun.

What's your thoughts? Any other bright ideas?

On 4/9/2020 at 12:44 AM, Schnitzel said:

did the meet ups and classified/marketplace section get moved?

assume it may have been some time ago but  only noticed a minute ago because my "old mags wanted " thread had disappeared.

Yeah, I started a forum clean up / organization and then stopped after some discussion / consideration. Those seemed the least useful so I didn't revert them back on.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

Bumping this back to the top, in light of a bunch of work currently being done to the forum. Maybe there’s some tips or tricks that are helpful, but also looking for you guys to add to this if you’ve since discovered a function or feature not described in this thread already that might be helpful to others. 

I am also considering a suggestion from @Mercerand some others that have mentioned we should have some tutorials to help build things up and make it easier for new people to slide into using the forums like a pro or for you OG’s to learn ways or making this forum easier to use or more fun. Either way, maybe it makes sense to have easy to follow guides for core stuff like posting successfully, image uploads, building out your profile and the props and rank systems.

Not sure, think it would be useful?

• Like 1
  • Props 1

• 2 months later...