Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
misteraven

New Forum - Features worth checking out, tips and tricks

Not changing the forum platform, only the server we use to host it on.

Yeah, I definitely feel this is bar far the best iteration of the 12oz forum we've ever had. Hard to find much to gripe about or even improve on, though I'd love to see the mobile version tighten up even further or better yet, a dedicated app that also doubled as a messaging platform.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I'm getting a "new device login" email every single time I log on to 12oz.

Is this a known bug? FF63/WIN7 here, basically using the same device every time.

Edited by Deine Mudder

On 11/9/2018 at 9:22 AM, Deine Mudder said:

I'm getting a "new device login" email every single time I log on to 12oz.

Is this a known bug? FF63/WIN7 here, basically using the same device every time.

This is the first I've heard of it. You are supposed to get a notification the first time you login from a new device for security purposes, but shouldn't happen on every login. 

Go to this link in Account / Recently Used Devices - https://forum.12ozprophet.com/settings/devices/

Try logging out and logging in again. Wondering if your browser is just rejecting the cookie that's set on each login?

23 hours ago, misteraven said:

Try logging out and logging in again. Wondering if your browser is just rejecting the cookie that's set on each login? 

Cookie is accepted (shows up in prefs) and set so 'keep until expired' (not 'until FF closes') but apparently he gets rid of it when I restart FF -

I get a notification everytime I log in after I reatarted FF, when I just log in and out repeatedly while keeping the browser open it's fine.

No idea man. So far this is the first I’ve heard of it. Will keep poking around though. You get the same behavior using a different browser?

Its been 22,000 days since my last visit. Stoked to be back. Cant wait to feel like a newb again!

• Like 2

On 2/18/2019 at 8:59 AM, Hayabusa said:

Its been 22,000 days since my last visit. Stoked to be back. Cant wait to feel like a newb again!

Oh wow!

Looking forward to seeing what you've been sketching over the last 22,000 days.

• LOL! 1

2 hours ago, Hua Guofang said:

Oh wow!

Looking forward to seeing what you've been sketching over the last 22,000 days.

Mostly whales! Hahahaha 

Going to bump this thread and possibly pin it. Lots of great tips that I still get asked about fairly regularly and will remind me to keep adding to it.

Question: How many of you guys keep the activity feed page open all the time? This page has pretty much become my go to page for jumping off into threads.

• Like 1

On 5/20/2019 at 11:15 AM, misteraven said:

Going to bump this thread and possibly pin it. Lots of great tips that I still get asked about fairly regularly and will remind me to keep adding to it.

Question: How many of you guys keep the activity feed page open all the time? This page has pretty much become my go to page for jumping off into threads.

I don’t but now I’m thinking maybe I should

12 minutes ago, Kults said:

I don’t but now I’m thinking maybe I should

super handy man, try it out...

• Like 1

On 6/28/2018 at 8:32 PM, misteraven said:

New Feature...

Reactions:

As mentioned further up, the old "props" system was replaced with the last forum system with a simple "likes" system. This new forum platform put that on steroids by replacing it with "reactions". This allows you to"react" to a post with a broad range of feedback, both positive and negative. Each of the reaction types has a corresponding positive or negative value associated with it. On the backend, we've configured it so that if you reach a certain number of negative points, the system bans you automagically. Likewise, if you manage to earn a certain number of positive points, your reputation level goes up (as seen on your profile). Further to that, the system tracks everyones points on a weekly basis and ranks the top members for that week in the Hall of Fame (along with top ranked content off the forum). Once the dust settles, I plan to start offering contests with free products, shop discounts and VIP upgrades to the members that win MVP for each week.

The reaction button is on the bottom right of each comment.

I'm sure you guys can already begin to picture how many LOLZ this thing is going to be. You can also see how governing dickheads also becomes a community effort and not just a task for moderators. We can also discuss adding new "reactions" in the future.

reaction-like.png.118e14adc259e955360faa252f8cb2c3.png

reaction-props.png.9ed5d51d87358b0c9d59dfc4783407e1.png

reaction-truth.png.00a0ec880ccf7a86afe035e5fa6f4a0f.png

reaction-pause.png.dbbfa3dc4435f58806e7fb63672e13e2.png

reaction-negaprops.png.f995e82406e33b0813a554f00179dce4.png

reaction-trash.png.6af31be6f49d2bdaf26073912b1680ae.png

reaction-snitch.png.a716e7b934e152d913f20016f2dc32ec.png

And here's what the reaction total per post looks like...

reaction-tally.png.5ef88a14cbb89ffa6085c383c4160a50.png

Just a heads up that I've way upped the reactions for members, so you can now *react* more generously. 

All members now have an allotment of 100 per day.

Enjoy!

• Props 1

@CILONE/SKCareful with the negative reactions... It can actually auto ban someone if enough people do it at the same time. 

• LOL! 1

15 minutes ago, TreSixO said:

That's actually a really dope feature

Helps the community self regulate (I hope). 

This place has always operated best off group ridicule regulation

• LOL! 1

38 minutes ago, misteraven said:

@CILONE/SKCareful with the negative reactions... It can actually auto ban someone if enough people do it at the same time. 

For real?  Hahaha.  I won’t use them for the lolz

• LOL! 1

35 minutes ago, TreSixO said:

Low key i do miss the tick tacs

Me too.  Once I had enough to max out someone else with one click, I maxed out every newbie I saw.  

Cil = one person welcome wagon

• Truth 1
  • LOL! 1

Oh shit yeah i forgot about giving newjacks the full tampon off the rip, what a great feature

Here's a noob question....

So videos are allowed now? How do you post a video in that simple media player rather then the youtube player?

Do I have to throw in the [   ] [ / ] gang signs and create my own code/host, or am I missing a simple step (like the insert other media option)

?