New Forum - Features worth checking out, tips and tricks

misteraven

• 3 months later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
On 5/20/2019 at 11:15 AM, misteraven said:

Going to bump this thread and possibly pin it. Lots of great tips that I still get asked about fairly regularly and will remind me to keep adding to it.

Question: How many of you guys keep the activity feed page open all the time? This page has pretty much become my go to page for jumping off into threads.

I don’t but now I’m thinking maybe I should

• misteraven featured and unfeatured this topic
  • 1 month later...
On 6/28/2018 at 8:32 PM, misteraven said:

New Feature...

Reactions:

As mentioned further up, the old "props" system was replaced with the last forum system with a simple "likes" system. This new forum platform put that on steroids by replacing it with "reactions". This allows you to"react" to a post with a broad range of feedback, both positive and negative. Each of the reaction types has a corresponding positive or negative value associated with it. On the backend, we've configured it so that if you reach a certain number of negative points, the system bans you automagically. Likewise, if you manage to earn a certain number of positive points, your reputation level goes up (as seen on your profile). Further to that, the system tracks everyones points on a weekly basis and ranks the top members for that week in the Hall of Fame (along with top ranked content off the forum). Once the dust settles, I plan to start offering contests with free products, shop discounts and VIP upgrades to the members that win MVP for each week.

The reaction button is on the bottom right of each comment.

I'm sure you guys can already begin to picture how many LOLZ this thing is going to be. You can also see how governing dickheads also becomes a community effort and not just a task for moderators. We can also discuss adding new "reactions" in the future.

reaction-like.png.118e14adc259e955360faa252f8cb2c3.png

reaction-props.png.9ed5d51d87358b0c9d59dfc4783407e1.png

reaction-truth.png.00a0ec880ccf7a86afe035e5fa6f4a0f.png

reaction-pause.png.dbbfa3dc4435f58806e7fb63672e13e2.png

reaction-negaprops.png.f995e82406e33b0813a554f00179dce4.png

reaction-trash.png.6af31be6f49d2bdaf26073912b1680ae.png

reaction-snitch.png.a716e7b934e152d913f20016f2dc32ec.png

And here's what the reaction total per post looks like...

reaction-tally.png.5ef88a14cbb89ffa6085c383c4160a50.png

Just a heads up that I've way upped the reactions for members, so you can now *react* more generously. 

All members now have an allotment of 100 per day.

Enjoy!

• Props 1

Here's a noob question....

So videos are allowed now? How do you post a video in that simple media player rather then the youtube player?

Do I have to throw in the [   ] [ / ] gang signs and create my own code/host, or am I missing a simple step (like the insert other media option)

?

20 minutes ago, T4M* said:

Here's a noob question....

So videos are allowed now? How do you post a video in that simple media player rather then the youtube player?

Do I have to throw in the [   ] [ / ] gang signs and create my own code/host, or am I missing a simple step (like the insert other media option)

?

Not every source is supported, but a few of the main ones are. HTML is not allowed so embed codes don’t work. Rather the system auto detects the URL to recognize its a video host and then wraps the appropriate embed code around it. 

For supported video hosts, you just copy / paste the URL to that video in the comment, nothing else. It’ll then convert the link to an embedded player. 

Also does the same for sources like Instagram and Twitter and even links to other threads / posts on our forum. 

• Props 3

On 7/9/2018 at 11:49 PM, fat ralphy said:

All good brother....this new interface is seriously the best oontz I've ever ooontzed.

This is THE oontz we’ve all been waiting for. However, I’m already seeing the after affects or better yet.....withdrawals, of weening off social media. I find myself lurking, scrolling, tapping, versus actually commenting. Getting used to it. A work in progress. Coming down off of years of hard social media using isn’t easy.

Edited by NightmareOnElmStreet
  • Like 1
  • Truth 1

10 minutes ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

This is THE oontz we’ve all been waiting for. However, I’m already seeing the after affects or better yet.....withdrawals, of weening off social media. I find myself lurking, scrolling, tapping, versus actually commenting. Getting used to it. A work in progress. Coming down off of years of hard social media using isn’t easy.

Its a sad reality, but I think we'll eventually retrain ourselves to actually engage. You get out of it, what you contribute into it.

Plus with more and more people showing up, there's obviously a wider diversity of content and personalities that help this along.

• Like 1

What’s sad is thinking about how much fucking shit this place had available. A cesspool of goods. A Platform to display talent and get the truth, endless information, self promo, FREE advertising, new pals, DaO, and siK arrOwz, how to live off the land or pee in a butt. The list goes on and then some. A lot of folks dipped during the drought for likes and the scroll, all for a fuck load less. ?? sorry for being extra??‍♂️?

• Like 1

Fuck it. I’m prepared for the lulz. A decade later and I’m still bad at the internet but want to internet as a job. Perhaps not the job for me. HOW TF DO I UPLOAD THESE GIFS I’ve had saved for years...? I remember always using photobucket and you had to alter the code a little to get in on the forum. I just got “image bb” and every time I try to copy paste the url it doesn’t fucking work leaving me to look like a derp cause you still can’t delete posts and hide your derpyness ?????‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️ 

5BF02071-B859-4036-A361-2F80D1B64E68.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

I’ll dig into that. 

We’re going to have to move servers pretty soon. Working out the details now, but it’s going to be a pretty hefty job and likely lead to at least some bit of downtime. I’ll try my best to minimize it and will post a message when I know more details. 

• Like 1