Are you a web developer or have IT experience? Effort to archive the old site.

misteraven

Hey, wanted to put out feelers to see how many of you guys might have solid tech experience, notably with web development, system administration or general IT? I've got a couple helping out now, but can use some extra help if you know your stuff, have a little spare time and are interested in helping us out.

I'm in the process of trying to recover the old 12ozprophet.com website back when we had the blogs and news. As I've explained in some of the other threads, the site became a complicated mess that essentially imploded, mostly due to the authentication system being all jacked up. That said, I do have all the original files backed up (physical files, assets and DB's). I've tried off an on to recover and restore it, but its a big project and some of it is at the far edge of my own technical skillset. Since it will live as a read only archive in a subdomain, we'd also need to setup a smart way of rewriting URL's to forward traffic properly.

In any case, I'd really love to preserve that site as a read only archive for the benefit of the history is all represents. One way or another, I'll pull it together and get it posted, but would be awesome to make it happen sooner, rather than later. If this sounds like something you can assist with, shoot me a DM or email or if you want, drop a comment.

cc: @Dirty_habiT @glorydays

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.