New Kanye Album: Ye (Thoughts and reviews)

misteraven

Wondering what you guys thought of the new Kanye album?

I happen to really enjoy his music. Yeezus probably being a favorite though I liked 808 and My beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy.

Anyhow, I need more time to listen and process but first reaction is it felt a little rushed (reactive perhaps) and not the usual high polish of the last few. Seemed more like an EP since it was only 7 songs and like 24 minutes long. Then again, I was told he's dropping like 4 albums in a row or something, which might explain it.

Anyhow, seems a lot of people are just dismissing him after the MAGA hat thing and racism comments. I actually took the time to watch the entire TMZ interview and left having more respect for him than I had before I heard the drama, making me wonder how many people criticizing him actually watched the interview rather than parrot back shit they read on memes.

In any case, anyone have any thoughts... Good, bad, indifferent?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

@StreetType1 Did you hear the album from two weeks ago? Is it available anywhere? The entire thing situation is unusual for sure. I'm of the opinion he has some strategy for all this, but who knows.

Another crazy thing is that its been a minute since I've bought music and when trying to buy this, I couldnt find it anywhere. iTunes apparently no longer sells music, you need to buy their service. All other places that came up on Google searches were competing services. No wonder music is such a mess when you literally can't easily find an album and juts buy the damn thing, but instead get licked into yet another stupid subscription. Whole other topic, but just saying.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...