What *12ozProphet* product / feature / etc would you like to see?

misteraven

yo....I would seriously buy a tnf jacket you make...itd be good to have a mountain jacket with pockets on the back that you can put spray cans and markers in

I got an open invite to do an IR absorbing hardshell that's far superior to anything on the market. Issue right now is that I need to lay a foundation before I get too far ahead of myself. I'll tell you about the jacket in private at some point, but I'm a huge hardshell collector and this company is far and away my favorite. It's also not on too many radars, especially in the 12oz space. Hence the need to get that foundation set. Jacket is amazing though.

• Like 2

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Been working on caps but having a tough time sourcing it domestically and also finding someone willing to do custom fabric on short runs (less than 144 pcs). I'll get there, but definitely high on the priority list. And you already know where I'm going with all these patch releases.

word....you know I'm copping all those...12oz product I fuck with heavy just cuz its rare as fuck....people ask me all the time where I get my t shirts from and I point them here

• Like 1

I got an open invite to do an IR absorbing hardshell that's far superior to anything on the market. Issue right now is that I need to lay a foundation before I get too far ahead of myself. I'll tell you about the jacket in private at some point, but I'm a huge hardshell collector and this company is far and away my favorite. It's also not on too many radars, especially in the 12oz space. Hence the need to get that foundation set. Jacket is amazing though.

That's wild...I fucking love technical outerwear, I don't know why either...it just looks fucking baller

and thanks man...that shit is exciting

• Like 1

If you are planning anything with any sneaker companies that would be sick. As a massive sneakerhead that would be amazing (I saw the Instagram post with the wet look Nike sb).

As for content it's difficult, what made it so special was the community and how we all drove the forum forward.

I really like the stuff on the store, some of the tees have been amazing so more merch definitely. Maybe a design submitted contest for a few design or pin design?

Hopefully I'll be much more active soon as will have a laptop soon and not just rely on my phone.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

If you are planning anything with any sneaker companies that would be sick. As a massive sneakerhead that would be amazing (I saw the Instagram post with the wet look Nike sb).

As for content it's difficult, what made it so special was the community and how we all drove the forum forward.

I really like the stuff on the store, some of the tees have been amazing so more merch definitely. Maybe a design submitted contest for a few design or pin design?

Hopefully I'll be much more active soon as will have a laptop soon and not just rely on my phone.

I'm seriously considering actually opening a second online shop integrated with the next forum platform that would allow for a more diverse range of stuff. The main 12oz shop is very specific and 100% brand related product. I was thinking of a swap meat type "official bootleg series" shop my friend brought up to me, for the purpose of opening it up to more stuff including maybe a platform for some of you guys to sell on as well. I'm also sitting on deadstock from way back in the four the hard way days that I'd love to offer, but feel it doesn't sit right along side the stuff on the main 12oz shop.

Anyhow, just a concept I'm exploring that will likely see the light of day.

And yes, would love to do more sneaker collabs and suspect those opportunities will present themselves once we have a little more momentum. Still trying to get the house in order, so to speak. Also working on closing a pretty big deal that'll be a game changer as far as resources available and how ambitious I can get moving forward. I'm close... And will definitely loop you guys in on the forum once I get there.

• Like 2

Would love to do a rug. Actually have a note about that saved for the future after seeing Supreme release a few basic ones. Kaws has done them as well and always thought it would be cool.

a rug would be fucking baller

NBHD x FUCT came out with the one rug I was too slow to cop

C2CsaGYUAAIhNrz.jpg.68b8c240c07422d09c64ca20276b674a.jpg

• Like 2
  • Truth 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/11/2018 at 2:23 PM, misteraven said:

...... swap meat.....

NH?

Need to dig up the homosexual entonces thread.

I'd missed this thread. Some killer ideas. 

Montana does the collectible paint cans: Do an oontz can. I don't buy produced-to-be-collectible stuff, but I'd buy a 12 can in a heart beat.

Beer Coozies. Seriously. They're cheap af to produce and are always in demand

More prints/posters. I missed out on the early days run of four you did, (dream items to own/frame). But would love to see more art in general--do standard sizes so they're easy to frame, though.

Zippos?

Swatches?!

Promotional Condoms?!!

• Like 2
  • Props 1

Prints are something definitely planned. Working on setting up a regular schedule for those. 

That said, I still need to move my storage up from Miami. Packed to death with Four The Hard Way deadstock. Pretty sure there’s a couple of the old prints in that stash since I shut it down abruptly and those days were pre HypeBeast, so things didn’t sell out in minutes. 

Will try to renember to hit you up when I make that move. 

• Like 1

Probably stuff that I design when working on shirts. Lot of times they feel more like stuff for prints and I tweak them into t-shirt graphics. 

Been sitting on a a lot of ideas and also holding a bunch back while working on getting some behind the scenes stuff sorted out. 

Hopefully I’ll have it dialed in soon and can get back to it. 

• 2 weeks later...

I think I'd like to see the blog come back. I really enjoyed that back in the day. Would be great to get some long form reads on artists, crews, vandals or whoever else.

Also, I think maybe cleaning some of the sub-forums up or consolidating some? Channel Zero is still big, but some of the other general topic ones are perhaps a little stale/outdated?! Feels a little overwhelming/disappointing to comeback and see some that haven't been updated in years at the top of the sub. 

As for physical products, as someone still doing art, hook me up some art supplies or discounts on art supplies. 

I'll post more as they come to me. 

PS. Would this thread be worth a sticky for those that drop by and don't make it this far?

7 hours ago, delv said:

I think I'd like to see the blog come back. I really enjoyed that back in the day. Would be great to get some long form reads on artists, crews, vandals or whoever else.

Also, I think maybe cleaning some of the sub-forums up or consolidating some? Channel Zero is still big, but some of the other general topic ones are perhaps a little stale/outdated?! Feels a little overwhelming/disappointing to comeback and see some that haven't been updated in years at the top of the sub. 

As for physical products, as someone still doing art, hook me up some art supplies or discounts on art supplies. 

I'll post more as they come to me. 

PS. Would this thread be worth a sticky for those that drop by and don't make it this far?

I mentioned this I think to raven

I miss the Martha cooper blog....I think she did a monthly one with her photos

Yeah, I miss the blogs sometimes as well. It's ironic to hear it now, because for the longest time people on the forum hated them. The criticism was that too much attention was being spent on that part and that it was pulling people from the forum.

I've considered (and am considering) some options in that regard. Main reason the blogs ended was that the technical side of it was a nightmare. Assume by now the tech is caught up, but managing multiple people posting and separating their uploads / posts into its own little area was a perpetual issue. Almost sounds stupid now, but the amount of hacks it took to develop what we had on WordPress was pretty fucked up. Ultimately we strayed so far from the core functionality that it simply collapsed in on itself. Likewise, running support for 25 - 40 given bloggers was a full time gig. There was always some issue that required attention and when it couldn't be given in a timely manner it just led to frustrations all around. Lastly, there's also issues with how strong, high profile opinions and editorial affect other bloggers, as well as 12oz. I can't even imagine what that would be like in this day and age of massive divisiveness but we faced issues more and more regularly with having to have awkward conversations with people about stuff that was being posted affecting other bloggers in a negative way or throwing 12oz into conversations I wasn't interested in being a part of. Easy to post a disclaimer on a post or blog but when someone puts out something fucked up, it always falls under he umbrella of 12oz. Back then I had advertisers and agency clients to consider, but now that I'm repositioning 12ozProphet back into a brand, it still affects 12oz in a big way. Long gone are the days where it was just about graffiti.

• Like 3

Would be great to have Martha writing about her adventures with 1UP recently. 

An additional benefit of a blog is SEO juice also. Google loves new regularly updated content. 

Totally understand managing people (and personalities and points of view) would be difficult and time consuming. No thanks to that.

I'd be happy just to hear from you or a single writer (journalist, not graffiti writer) interviewing artists, or having a regular series on either the same topic or rotating topics.

Hell, could even be a podcast of an interviewer and roll call of artists shooting the shit. 

I think what I'm saying is I liked the blogs back in the day, but I don't need you to replicate them.  Just something in the vein of them but fresh for the current climate. 

• Like 2

A trucker hat.

Maybe its antithetical to the brand of high-end t-shirts and whatnot, but a good hat (not a 5 panel or a fitted) that is worn while working, painting, etc that is made to get fucked up would be awesome. 

or maybe I'll just end up putting a 12 patch on a trucker hat

• LOL! 1

9 minutes ago, Fist 666 said:

A trucker hat.

Maybe its antithetical to the brand of high-end t-shirts and whatnot, but a good hat (not a 5 panel or a fitted) that is worn while working, painting, etc that is made to get fucked up would be awesome. 

or maybe I'll just end up putting a 12 patch on a trucker hat

I'd counter that and go I'd be keen on a cap, but not fitted either. Flexfit for me erryday. 

Been trying to do hats for a while. Issue is that minimums on the custom shit is too for what I can reasonably sell right now and the stuff offering low minimums is basically me adding an embroidery hit to some generic catalog hat.

It'll happen as soon as I can pull it off. Definitely high on my wish list.

• Truth 1
  • Props 1

I don't buy a lot of graf/street wear stuff these days but I would go bucket hat over the other hats if I had to with maybe something for winter 2nd.

Shot glass.

Ultra Flat Black air freshener or  incense

Novelty condoms with snappy sayings.  For the average dude, 'Legal Eagles: For the guy who wants to spray without consequences.'  Magnums that say 12" Prophet.

I always appreciate matches, more so when someone does wooden matches with the small box.  On 2nd thought, don't think you can mail those out= hassle.

Dondi action figure (really only needs to be made in one pose)

Might go for a mini flashlight (not ultra), something solid, be cool if the end cap had tactical/defensive/survival component

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

• 11 months later...

I def agree on the art prints, TNF,  and sneakers!

Hats, patches, pins and T's have been knockouts. I get compliments from people from all walks of life.

I'd like a 12oz hoodie. Pullover or zip-up (whatevers clever).  Pullover cuz shit is classic cozy. Zip-up so I can flex 2 12oz jawns at the same damn time!

Any way to do reversible products? I think this can work with like a coach jacket or what homie above was saying about a bucket hat and/or beanie/balaclave/etc. Or maybe even a tote bag? 

Def need another run of skateboards. If not skateboards, would be dope to make 12oz custom cut out or graphic griptape. A all over grip with Oiler's handstyle would be bananas!

More colors/designs for BIC lighters.

Last thing I can think of is like office stationary shit for all the corporate thugs out there. Got my pens and pencils on deck already. Maybe post-its, notepad or a stamp?  lol I know its a reach but had to throw it out there. Tryna rep when I'm on the clock.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

• 8 months later...

Key chain, bottle opener, zippo, Swiss Army knife, beer growler, beer glass, beer stein, iPhone case, house slippers, combs, belt buckle, turn table slip mats ... I can go on and on but have no understanding of capability. 

let me get a 12oz prophet engraved brass bell for my bike!