WHATS THE LAST THING YOU BOUGHT?

DETO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

D Habs gets down on the trippy dippy mushys or you actually out here growing food with those things. 

now you're asking cop questions. 

Either process is the same. I intend to make a legit business selling to local restaurants. I don't expect it to make me a million dollars but I do expect that it will be fun and rewarding. 

• Like 1
  • Props 3

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

Bro! There really ain’t nothing new under the sun!

I use a aerosol compound that is very thick and hand shaking wasn't doing the trick.  I would run out of compression be fore the compound.  Google spray can shaker out of frustration, came accross the mix kwik attachment and never looked back.  

It doesn't take much, just a 20-40 seconds at half power and can is ready to go.   Your can will build up with pressure so your first shot is going to release alot at once.  So it's best to let off the first shot in air. 

• Like 1
  • Props 1

Bunch of expensive accomodation at the seaside next to some mates and their kids over New years Eve.

Thanks to some goose who infected the ladies who had booked it with Covid it came up at last minute.

My christmas holidays just got a bit more complex 

And just before that $492.00 worth of groceries the kids and I are going to take to the food bank.

lots of canned foods but also shit like chocolates and biscuits and zooper doopers, christmas puddings, cake mixes jelly crystals, milk powder, Long life milk. pasta, lasagna sheets, pesto, spices, curry pastes, mi goreng, coclnut milk dried mushrooms etc..

no reason people less fortunate should have to eat red beans and rice each day.

Edited by Schnitzel
  • Like 2
  • Props 2

16 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

@Dirty_habiTheres what I’m thinking: a small ratchet strap that wraps around the can and holds it to a filed down sawzall blade. Pull the trigger and have shaken up paint in a few seconds.

Holy shit that is way simpler than what i had in mind.  I was over engineering the fuck out of this in my mind.

My idea was like a spring loaded holder that will hold the can and then a pulley/wheel/motor/belt setup with an off camber plate that holds the can.

|-/    <----- something shaped kinda like that where the vertical line is a wheel attached to a motor and the slash is the plate the can sits on standing straight up.  It would create a swirling motion and if you mounted the can upside down it would/should get all the sediment to end up suspended in solution again.

• Props 2

I feel like 12oz solved a problem for itself through this discussion about paint shakers.

Also, the idea I came up with could be adapted to shaking a whole milk crate of paint.... which is better in my book than single can shaking.

For contracting and doing some jobs, i think the sawzall thing is fantastic, but if you have a shit load of cans to shake up (like I do and you guys probably do) it would be tedious.

I wonder how much the machines they use at Lowes fetch on the used market...... and what fails on them and how hard/expensive is it to replace.

• Truth 1
  • Props 1

Last thing I bought was a Kubota D1702 (1.7L 4 cyl N/A diesel) head gasket since one of my tractors started puking coolant out of the exhaust pipe.  This is either a cracked head, block, or blown head gasket.  The two former are a little pricier and the cracked block would be a huge pita since the block is literally structural to the tractor.  Changing the motor means separating the front half of the tractor from the back half..... where the parts bolt together is literally on the block itself and not on some other frame contraption like most consumer vehicles.

The other thing I bought were two new tracks for my mini excavator.  I wanted to get metal tracks for it instead of rubber but I'll probably wait to do that since the rubber ones that are "cheaper" are still $1400 shipped to my door.

Picked up a few of these food jars as gifts from hydroflask:

HydroFlask_FoodJar_Collection-1280x640.j

• Like 1
  • Props 1

4 hours ago, Dirty_habiT said:

I feel like 12oz solved a problem for itself through this discussion about paint shakers.

Also, the idea I came up with could be adapted to shaking a whole milk crate of paint.... which is better in my book than single can shaking.

For contracting and doing some jobs, i think the sawzall thing is fantastic, but if you have a shit load of cans to shake up (like I do and you guys probably do) it would be tedious.

d5238f85f8faa3428012eefa18ae2def.thumb.jpeg.e3da858b81f53b12e7e8bc6f1ceb7f7d.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...