Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
misteraven

The Off Grid living thread (Dropping out the rat race)

This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

you live right out there!

sick photos especially the moose?

how cool is that to see

• Like 1

This isn’t actually my property, but close by. I do live on a river, but more mellow than that one. 

Thats a big ig buck deer that hasn’t shed his velvet yet. Looked to me like a mule deer, but unsure. Deer are everywhere here so not unusual to see half a dozen to a dozen stroll through the yard several times a day. In the fall they get more bold and I’ve seen herd many dozen deep migrate through my pasture since we grow a mix of wild grass and alfalfa. That said, we do have moose and elk but they’re much more rare out here. People don’t realize how big they are or how dangerous they can be. An adult make moose stands about as high or higher than a large horse and has more mass. They’re very territorial and protective and fact is that moose and elk stomp to death more people to death a year than what bears end up killing. Imagine being stomped to death?!

Anyhow, here’s a video of a female moose fighting a grizzly...

On 6/18/2019 at 7:11 AM, misteraven said:

This isn’t actually my property, but close by. I do live on a river, but more mellow than that one. 

One of these days, I’m going to get up to where you are at.  Not too long of a drive for me. But life happens.  I was just talking to someone about taking a camping trip up there. 

If if you get down to where I’m at, let me know.

• Like 1