Channel Zero...Is it making a comeback??

ClueTwo

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Magnum O’piss, IOU, inkface, CAcashrefund, DAO and myself might or might not have been at some of those meet ups.

actually, yeah i think magnum & inkface were there too.

i think you, suki, me and iou all kicked it one night when iou came out to sf.

i think you took us to some bar called chieftain or something like that....i could be totally wrong though.

i also remember going out to reno and kicking it with marcofromhouston, suki, 1988, milk grenades, bananafish and a couple other oontzers too.

i met up with theo & iou separately a couple times in l.a....and boat n hoes when i visited san diego.

50 brought IOU and Soup to hang out at my place in west oakland once if I remember correctly. I think it was actually at a party my neighbors were having.

Some how marcofromhouston and I have never met in person despite him working closely with a lot of my good friends who work at FreePressHouston.

• Like 1

whats up you fags... checking in even though nobody probably remembers me lol. IG killed 12oz, its sad to say.. I miss this place for sure tho. lots of funny shit buried in a lot of these threads, got to link with a lot of writers from 12oz too. I wish it would pick back up, we need a place like 12oz that's only graffiti oriented unlike Instagram. theres a level of community on 12oz you cant get on other sites.

• Like 4

I think the #1 thing that would bring this website back is if the actual graff sections picked up again - metal, bricks and paper altogether. But, with IG being about the person and this place being about the community I think current social trends make raising this place again pretty difficult. I'd post more graff pics but I live in a small town that doesn't have much going on.....:confused:

But, with IG being about the person and this place being about the community I think current social trends make raising this place again pretty difficult.

That's a very good observation...i remember in the brickslayers thread for my city, if anyone was posting only their own flicks they'd get called out for self promotion...same with if they were just posting their own crews flicks...now with IG and other social media it seems like self promotion is the only thing people do now...and not just with graffiti. .with literally EVERYTHING...look at my food...look at my clothes...look at my life..isn't it great? ...me me me.

I know 12oz has some threads like this...but so many other threads are straight up discussions and are insightful.

Or maybe this new generation needs to get off my lawn! (After all, millennials ruined Hip Hop)

I think the #1 thing that would bring this website back is if the actual graff sections picked up again - metal, bricks and paper altogether. But, with IG being about the person and this place being about the community I think current social trends make raising this place again pretty difficult.

this

now with IG and other social media it seems like self promotion is the only thing people do now...and not just with graffiti. .with literally EVERYTHING...look at my food...look at my clothes...look at my life..isn't it great? ...me me me.

also this

• Like 2

whats up you fags... checking in even though nobody probably remembers me lol. IG killed 12oz, its sad to say.. I miss this place for sure tho. lots of funny shit buried in a lot of these threads, got to link with a lot of writers from 12oz too. I wish it would pick back up, we need a place like 12oz that's only graffiti oriented unlike Instagram. theres a level of community on 12oz you cant get on other sites.

Only way for it to pick back up is for us to keep on coming back and talking shit... Spreading the news so it snowballs.

Instagram fucking sucks.

• Like 1

I think the #1 thing that would bring this website back is if the actual graff sections picked up again - metal, bricks and paper altogether. But, with IG being about the person and this place being about the community I think current social trends make raising this place again pretty difficult. I'd post more graff pics but I live in a small town that doesn't have much going on.....:confused:

I've always thought that coordinating mega threads would be a good way to start. I called it thread seeding... Pick a topic, person or crew and own that thread. Literally gather as much material on the topic as possible and aggregate / curate it so it's a primary source of info on that one topic, full of the best photos and links. Obviously some smart Google searches could result in something similar, but you need to know what to search andn take the time to do it. This would be a great way to stumble on new cool stuff and have it all preserved in one place so it can be evolved / built on.

Anyone that wants to do something like this, please do... Might inspire other to do the same.

• Like 1

I've always thought that coordinating mega threads would be a good way to start. I called it thread seeding... Pick a topic, person or crew and own that thread. Literally gather as much material on the topic as possible and aggregate / curate it so it's a primary source of info on that one topic, full of the best photos and links. Obviously some smart Google searches could result in something similar, but you need to know what to search andn take the time to do it. This would be a great way to stumble on new cool stuff and have it all preserved in one place so it can be evolved / built on.

Anyone that wants to do something like this, please do... Might inspire other to do the same.

I know Poesia is doing some good stuff right now. What about a "catch up" thread with him?

• Like 4

I used to talk to @Poesia [ ] T occasionally but its been a minute. Anyone on here talk to him recently? Maybe reach out to both him and @Joker ?

I think that I have both of their email addresses. Will do.

Edit Sent both emails.

Edit 2 drunk edition: Who else can we reach out to? Tesseract? Mams? The teenage runaway with the great tits?

• Like 1

It's been a minute since I've been on here (thanks for reaching out, Lord Casek!). No excuses, honestly. Work has been a bit crazy and I'm trying to keep this 50 year old body in shape by racing my bike, still, so art and Graffiti have taken a back seat for the last two years. That doesn't mean I haven't been doing anything, but I'm not as active as I once was. I worked on a massive mural with Baby168 and Patrick McGregor this summer in Denver. Patrick's son, Tristan, did a lot of the harder work for me so I can't take too much credit for it. That kid is an incredible artist on his own. I painted seven new pieces for album covers that may or may not happen. I'm currently working on a three-story tall mural for the interior of a friend's house, and designing custom parametric banisters/railings for the stairs in his house, as well. And like any old, retired writer... I still draw and write my name on everything.

I don't know if Art (Poesia) has time to get back in here but he might make some time. I know he's back in the studio putting time in on new work, and he's currently curating at a new gallery so he might be tapped out. I can text him and see if he's interested in checking the forum out. He and I could collaborate on a new thread that features Art/Graffiti that is in the vein of Graffuturism. If he's not into I can start something this weekend or next. I need to sit down and grab some images online to have something to get the thread going.

Hope all of you have been doing well...

• Like 5

It's been a minute since I've been on here (thanks for reaching out, Lord Casek!). No excuses, honestly. Work has been a bit crazy and I'm trying to keep this 50 year old body in shape by racing my bike, still, so art and Graffiti have taken a back seat for the last two years. That doesn't mean I haven't been doing anything, but I'm not as active as I once was. I worked on a massive mural with Baby168 and Patrick McGregor this summer in Denver. Patrick's son, Tristan, did a lot of the harder work for me so I can't take too much credit for it. That kid is an incredible artist on his own. I painted seven new pieces for album covers that may or may not happen. I'm currently working on a three-story tall mural for the interior of a friend's house, and designing custom parametric banisters/railings for the stairs in his house, as well. And like any old, retired writer... I still draw and write my name on everything.

I don't know if Art (Poesia) has time to get back in here but he might make some time. I know he's back in the studio putting time in on new work, and he's currently curating at a new gallery so he might be tapped out. I can text him and see if he's interested in checking the forum out. He and I could collaborate on a new thread that features Art/Graffiti that is in the vein of Graffuturism. If he's not into I can start something this weekend or next. I need to sit down and grab some images online to have something to get the thread going.

Hope all of you have been doing well...

Glad you saw my message. Welcome back. Can't wait to see the new thread. A Transcend reunion thread in the future? (please)

• Like 2