Channel Zero...Is it making a comeback??

ClueTwo

where are like theo,DAO,poesia,caligula,etc....we need oldschool oontzheadz

cheezesteakz....

Edited by silent_bob
  • Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Pistol checking in.

I've met up with IOU and MarcofromHouston at a Dodger game.

I follow a few old oontz heads on IG.

I think the oz kinda fell off when Raven was doing other things and the oz was left on the back burner. The traffic and data was too much. Ads for hats and shit started popping up. And a lot of us bounced. I would come back every once in a while. But the quality of user dropped off. Short attention span social media meme trolls. A lot of the community back and forth was gone. So I was less inclined to visit. At the same time I'm almost 40 with a kid now so I probably won't be on as much even if the OG's came back around. On that note I'm gonna try and make it in here more often. Also big up Raven for hooking up a free sticker pack and a 12ozprophet patch.

Viva la oz!

Pistol checking in.

I've met up with IOU and MarcofromHouston at a Dodger game.

I follow a few old oontz heads on IG.

I think the oz kinda fell off when Raven was doing other things and the oz was left on the back burner. The traffic and data was too much. Ads for hats and shit started popping up. And a lot of us bounced. I would come back every once in a while. But the quality of user dropped off. Short attention span social media meme trolls. A lot of the community back and forth was gone. So I was less inclined to visit. At the same time I'm almost 40 with a kid now so I probably won't be on as much even if the OG's came back around. On that note I'm gonna try and make it in here more often. Also big up Raven for hooking up a free sticker pack and a 12ozprophet patch.

Viva la oz!

True indeed, especially in regards to putting it on the back burner. In fact, its a pretty polite way of putting that. I have no illusions that I made some poor decisions and really fucked things up. Not even going to try to make excuses about any of it, but if anyone is interested in hearing how it happened, from me and a number of OGs that were at the core of it all, have a look at this thread: http://forum.12ozprophet.com/threads/weigh-in-has-the-social-media-revolution-devolved-conversation.148220/

I also have no illusions that I can roll back time and turn the forum into what it was. Times have changed, people have changed, the tech has changed. I do believe, however, that there can still be a really amazing future for it. That we can build of past successes and mistakes and reinvent 12oz into something just as exciting and relevant to the era we now live in. Honestly I'm still blown away that there's even as much traffic as there is on the forum after so many years of neglect. That so many OGs, like yourself, still stop by occasionally or follow @12ozprophet on Instagram. That I still here from so many people our age, how awesome their time was on the boards back in the day, how many lifelong friends were made, even that some ended up marrying someone they met of the forum. So crazy! Also, I'm really excited by the evidence I'm seeing with the products being sold on the shop and especially the feedback to it from people that are too young to have been on here in its hey day. Some of which aren't even aware of the history and heritage that so many of us were a part of. It'll take time, tons of effort and likely some luck, but the difference now is that I'm back to being focused. Full of ideas, lots of ambition and plenty of clarity, which has lacked for the last 10+ years. Can't say I'll pull it together, but can certainly say I'm committed to giving it my best shot.

I think there's still enough of us old timers in touch with each other, if not already swinging through on occasion to spark things up. I'm aware of how much content is on the forum and how thoroughly indexed it all is to see a lot of referral traffic still coming from google searches. I'll do my best to spread the word and leverage the 55,000 or so followers of our instagram account and I really believe that as more and more people get turned onto to the 12ozProphet product, that collectively, all of this will help establish an entirely new generation of 12ozProphet members.

In the meantime, please help spread the word.

@Europe - how do you make krink?

kinda nuts to see so many old names.

anyone want to send @seeking AIDS in the mail?

LOL.

Indeed, this is awesome. Dynamic feels so different from Instagram. Like you said @diggity - it really cheapens the relationship. We've mostly all been following each other but never really saying much for whatever reason. Just doesnt allow the type of interaction and interesting discussion we've always had on here.

• Like 1

I remember buying tees from the store...til it became an unsecure http site and I couldn't buy shit....then the store just went down

I think that was back in 2013

Yeah man, a lot of freakin issues back in the day. Doing all I can to prevent them now, but ain't easy.

• Like 1

Yeah man, thanks for always supporting with the product drops. Working on a deal now that once complete, will be a huge power move. Hopefully i pull it off and do so soon and then it'll pave the way for some cut / sew shit I've been cooking on for the last couple years.

• Like 1