Cryptocurrency

CLICKCLACKONER

Just now, LUGR said:

I do not think you have missed the boat yet.

To be honest, and I am sure plenty of other people would, but I had solid insider information then I definitely would go all in and wouldn't feel bad about it.   But at this time I am gonna just invest in small amounts here and there and vest all of my big purchases on things that will scale my business further up.

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
2 hours ago, ndv said:

To be honest, and I am sure plenty of other people would, but I had solid insider information then I definitely would go all in and wouldn't feel bad about it.   But at this time I am gonna just invest in small amounts here and there and vest all of my big purchases on things that will scale my business further up.

can’t knock a man with a plan

• Truth 1

I put these cryptos on my watch list and potential investments.  I am trying to connect the dots with what cryptos are going to possibly be worth anything or may become a form of bonds for industry specific and or everyday commerce.  

AMP

BAT

BTC - Just because its the gold standard of Crypto

DGB

ETH - Just because it's the gold standard of Cytpto

HBAR

QSP

RVN

SHPING

SGB

UPT

US DOLLAR - not for investment purposes but just because it's where I live and, having some digital cash on hand isn't a bad thing to trade crypto to crypto

VCO

XMR

XRP - do something already - lol

YFI

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

HBAR

Kilz, what are your thoughts on HBar?  

How long do you think it may take for the investment to mature for what it is?

I am a proud owner of 12k+ of AMP, despite what articles say, I believe it is a wise buy when cryptos are finalized with tech and commerce.  

IDK, I could be wrong though. 😕 

1 minute ago, LUGR said:

PEPE

You know, I thought about throwing some money at Pepe, Doge, and Shiba just to put in a hard wallet and hand it off to one of my nieces/nefews in the will when I pass.  

Who knows what it may end up being worth for their kids?   These meme coins remind me of a slot machine that may or may not payout 100 years from now. 

• LOL! 1

11 minutes ago, ndv said:

Kilz, what are your thoughts on HBar?  

How long do you think it may take for the investment to mature for what it is?

I am a proud owner of 12k+ of AMP, despite what articles say, I believe it is a wise buy when cryptos are finalized with tech and commerce.  

IDK, I could be wrong though. 😕 

No idea tbh. I’ve read the white paper and liked it. I think the hashgraph makes sense on paper. I like the governing council /partners. I like the quick and cheap network transactions too

All I hold these days is BTC/ETH/HBAR. Will it ever be a two, three or four digit coin? Probably not. 

IMG_5276.png

That's a nice council.   I enjoy reading the white papers on cryptos, then I'll read a few coindexter articles on regarding speculation but take that for a grain of salt and determine my own assumptions what may actually be worth buying. 

BTC/ETH is tough for me to go all in due to high price value today.   However, when purchasing some AMP coinbase gave me 3 bucks worth of BTC.   But a few minutes before I accidentally pursed 20 bucks of ETH so I staked half.  

Staking if invested right, seems like a residual investment when the switch is flipped and the world goes crypto. 

1 hour ago, ndv said:

I have a question about wallets.  So regardless of wallet, the QR-Code is always the same for that wallet no matter what crypto is being recieved?  Each wallet has its permanent QR-Code?

I don’t really mess with the QR codes, so not sure. Each wallet has a unique address though. Not sure if the QR is constant, or changes per transaction. I suggest focusing on the address but I may be too conservative on this point. 

staking can be good and you can get some trickle on it. I was staking ADA for a while and gaining about $5/month. I didn’t know you could stake small amounts of ETH like that, I thought the minimum requirement was 32.0 ETH.  I moved away from staking because the prospect of being locked out of my coins is unfavorable to me. There is a short delay to unstake. I like to be able to exchange or sell on short notice, like if there is a run. I keep a small reserve of cash on exchange for opportunistic buys as well. 

don’t think about BTC and ETH like if you can’t get a whole coin you shouldn’t bother, that is the beauty of this whole thing. You can buy like $10 BTC a month and still make this work for you. I know your not asking for it, but this is honestly my advice. Stay away from the shit coins. The odds of another one blowing up crazy to make people wealthy overnight are not great, I think that phase of this whole thing has likely passed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

I thought about it and the QR codes have to be constant, because that’s how paper wallets work 

So basically, I can etch my qr on a dog tag and someone sending me money can scan the qr and the payment will go straight to my account without having to pullout my phone other than to accept the funds?

Help me understand something.

The cyrptos, that are used for gas fees, transaction fees,  are they kinda like ATM fees, and credit card transactions fees stores have to pay? 

Are these cryptos worth buying?  I mean, would they gain in value holding millions of them?

@ndvThere is only one crypto used for gas fees, that's Ethereum. The fee is just like a fee a merchant pays to process a credit card, except with crypto the fee is charged to the sender, as opposed to the receiver. Ethereum's value isn't like bitcoin where there's a demand for hard currency, it's based on demand to process transactions, since it's the only currency accepted for processing transactions.

The fee amount itself isn't based on the value of ETH, or shitcoin being sent. Rather, the fee is based on how much computing power the transaction needs to process it, times the current demand for processing when the transaction is sent.

For example, some transactions are simple, like simply sending ETH from one address to another. Some transactions are more complicated, requiring more processing power, like sending a shitcoin, or stablecoin for example, or adding several variables into the transaction like multiple recipients. The computers processing the transaction given the same amount of fee, will choose the easier transaction to process.

Likewise, if there's a bunch of people competing to have their transaction processed next, they start offering higher, and higher fees with their transaction, so theirs is chosen next.

• Like 1

I think I am understanding you correctly.  So, basically if there are a trillion coins tied to transactions that use less computing power the value of that coin is not much more so on the low end .00001 in value, but if the coin is used a billion times a day the demand/use can add value to the coin, .00002.  However, regardless if the qty of the coin is 21mil or 21tril and the computing power is a lot then the value of the coin is low as well?

So is there is demand on a coin that is limited supply of 21mil and the computing power is low and used a billion times a day this increases the coins value? 

What happens to the value of a coin if there is not enough supply for that coin to meet the demand of global transactions with low fees, wouldn't this have an adverse effect on the supply and demand value we have all been taught, and alternative coins would be used that meet low computing power but have plenty coins to meet global transactions?

I guess what I am trying to ask and there maybe not answer to it yet, as perhaps we haven't got there yet.  What happens when a coins value is so great but there isn't enough supply to adequately cover transactions, wouldn't this kinda be considered a bubble?

I guess what I am trying to get at is BTC and ETH are considered gold, but we in todays world we do not purchase things with gold anymore, and use paperbacks (altcoins) for daily transactions.  So BTC and ETH would be taken out of circulation and alt coins would take its place for purchases and transaction fees, but the value of BTC and ETH would just go up to cover the necessary bonds for the alt coins in circulation, right?

IDK, maybe I am over thinking it as I am trying to find what alt coins may actually be worth investing in the financial world. 

@ndvI don't think you understand what I tried to explain. If you're sending 1 ETH, or 1000 ETH the fee is basically the same. Both transactions take about the same amount of processing power.

The processing power comes into play when you place additional information, and variables in the transaction. The things that generally take more processing power aren't transactions, it's something like creating an NFT, or making a smart contract. For example if you send a transaction that says "if Mercer's post count reaches 200k send .01 ETH to this address". Obviously to process that transaction the computer doing so would have to check my post count first, creating a more difficult transaction to process. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I see what you're saying.  So with that being said, crypto prices rise and fall to what catalysts?  Like how does one crypto work another if both cryptos come from the same block chain network?  Like I mean I get the scenario of 2 kids come from the same parents, 1 is more financially successful than the other because of choices made perhaps.  

But how does crypto compare to the anology I just used.  Is it just because one coin/token is chosen of the other just because, or do some coins/tokens have actual value than another?  

Kinda like cause and effect, or for every action there's a reaction.  For one good there's a bad.  Like the balance of nature.

Or is it just purely human choice?  If so, then would outside influences like chosen use, politics, industrial tool sets, actual purposes from real world to meta verse.  

I guess what I am trying to ask is, I a. Trying to find that crypto trend like the stock market trend.  Or perhaps, maybe what I am trying to ask is a little ahead of it's time considering we are still in the wild wild west of Crypto stage we are all trying to figure out the winners and loser in the coins/tokens.

@Mercer

Edited by ndv

2 hours ago, ndv said:

I see what you're saying.  So with that being said, crypto prices rise and fall to what catalysts?  Like how does one crypto work another if both cryptos come from the same block chain network?  Like I mean I get the scenario of 2 kids come from the same parents, 1 is more financially successful than the other because of choices made perhaps.  

But how does crypto compare to the anology I just used.  Is it just because one coin/token is chosen of the other just because, or do some coins/tokens have actual value than another?  

Kinda like cause and effect, or for every action there's a reaction.  For one good there's a bad.  Like the balance of nature.

Or is it just purely human choice?  If so, then would outside influences like chosen use, politics, industrial tool sets, actual purposes from real world to meta verse.  

I guess what I am trying to ask is, I a. Trying to find that crypto trend like the stock market trend.  Or perhaps, maybe what I am trying to ask is a little ahead of it's time considering we are still in the wild wild west of Crypto stage we are all trying to figure out the winners and loser in the coins/tokens.

@Mercer

buy ICP, buy Pepe, buy Doge

• LOL! 1

41 minutes ago, LUGR said:

buy ICP, buy Pepe, buy Doge

Honestly, I've given it some though off and on about buying 100mil or more of Shiba Inu coins and just diamond hands that for years to come just to see if anything happens.  Unfortunately for these meme coins, the abundance of quantity it doesn't make any sense other than the individuals who created it are the real and only winners to these meme coins. 

Although, it would be nice to wake up one day and have a few hundred million dollars worth of coins I never did anything for but spend a few thousands dollars on.   

On another note, I finally swapped some XRP for HBAR and have my brave browser earning my BAT with an auto deposit to my Uphold every month. 

Edited by ndv

1 hour ago, ndv said:

@Mercer

Price is a combination of collective demand, and supply. While supply is somewhat easy to calculate, demand is much more difficult. Your statement "purely human choice" is accurate. Demand, and all economics are based on the  "subjective value" rule. Meaning there's no hard value one can assign to anything, and beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

For example, someone buying a pair of shoes for $250 values the shoes, more than they value the $250 they're spending or they'd keep the money. Likewise, the person selling the shoes values $250 more than they value the shoes they're selling, or they'd keep the shoes. This means the shoes have a different value, when compared to money, for each person in the transaction. 

This makes calculating what one thinks the future market value of a cryptocurrency is more of an art form, than an exact science. I may not see the value in one crypto, while someone else might. I basically only value 3 cryptocurrencies highly, Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Monero. Outside of that, everything else is a shitcoin to me. I base my market predictions on one thing, the halvening, and calculate my buys and sells based on this 4 year cycle timing only. In reality, I have no use for any of these cryptos as of right now. I'm only in it as an investment, realizing the future value. Granted, that's just me. Other people have different ways of valuing things, often times making their favorite crypto some sort of religion. 

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

That makes sense and confirms my thoughts in relation to value how I look at these cryptos.

Monero is a great buy, I was explaining monero to someone as an example of invesent. 

My personal thoughts on Monero as an investment is simply this, as what I explained dyo the guy.  Monero is a crypto that in completely non traceable so its the go to coin used for criminal activity and clandestine activities to pay for any goods and services in the deep/dark web.   So basically picture this, there is always going to be people committing crimes, becore crypto if you wanted to invest and make money off of stupidity then you would go to school and get s law degree, and can further invest and become a judge, own practice or promotion.   Other than buying/selling class action law suits to firms.

Monero allows you to invest but no longer need a law degree.  

The other value in monero, is since it's untraceable, governments can use this crypto when needing to fund clandestine operations or any entity needing to operate in silence.  

With those two strong needs for monero, monero is up there with btc eth which makes this crypto a gold standard.  The 3 Kings.

Thank you for taking the time and explaining it to me once more.  You have a strong portfolio.   

Maybe I should mimic you. 

What are you thoughts on staking?  

I believe I touch lightly on the subject or mentioned it a couple pages ago with @KILZ FILLZ .  

@Mercer

Edited by ndv

@KILZ FILLZ have you looked into StepN GMT? 

Looks like a worth while investment or potentially could be.   All time high back 2022 was $4.90 but currently hovering around .43 cents.  Looks like the NFT in sneakers may be the route to take for diamonds hands.   In the mean time GMT makes feel its a good buy do to the potential it has for what it is.  My concern with it is from .10 to $4.90 looks like that was its IPO stage and leveled off at its current price but could raise to new highs if an athletic company endorses StepN.

I thought I would throw some money at StepN currencies GMT and GST respectively as it has a really good business model and considering the global potential related to the fitness market.

So I went down the rabbit hole and downloaded their app to take a look at what I was investing into and again, really cool business model.

Anyhow, so after reading reviews I'd go ahead and use some of the GMT to purchase a couple of their NFTs (sneakers). My curiosity on how all of this crypto/nft works, I felt this isn't a bad way to learn what this stuff is all about, how UIs work from one app to another, wallets to exchanges and so forth.  So what's a few hundred bucks?

Here's how my experience has been for the past 48hrs.  

Purchased GMT and GST via coin base.  Transfered some of both cryptos to my StepN wallet.   Went to go purchase a couple pair of sneakers to further learn how the app works and to start making more GMT from walking, jogging or running as a reward token.

I first thought I could purchase their nfts with their crypto, but that was not the case, you need to have Solana to cover the transaction fees for purchases.  No problem, let me but some Solana and transfer just enough to cover the sneaker purchases.  No problem. 

Crypto moves pretty fast on the nets, but apparently it could take up to 24hrs for your sneakers show up in you collection.  Something to do with traffic and all from crypto to nft and authentication and so forth.  

I kinda thought that was odd considering how quickly, emails, text, images, attachments, large files, and all kind of other things can move through the net pretty quickly from server to server.   I mean, I have sent some pretty large Corel files to customers so I don't see the problem.

Never received my sneakers, don't know why, it could have been me not under standing something but StepN made the UI pretty easy so I don't understand.  Perhaps that just it.  Not suppose to understand. 

Anyhow,  if you have any issues with purchases.  You have to go through their Discord to start an asset case, but I could never figure out how to contact someone.  

It feels as in StepN has a great business model but run by adolescent kids with a big dream but do not understand what it takes to make those dreams in reality.  

Would I recommend StepN Game App, certainly not.  But I am curious if StepN actually has something going for themselves in the future and perhaps another company sees the same thing as I do and buys them up and plugs the holes before it sinks into the abyss. 

For that reason, I am gonna hodl my my cryptos.  But I definitely felt comfortable taking a short loss emptying what was left in my StepN wallet sending ot back to coindbase. 

If you cannot supply me with sneakers.  Why would I supply you with crypto?

• Like 1