Cryptocurrency

CLICKCLACKONER

• 3 months later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

@CLICKCLACKONER

TBH I'd just wait for the ledger to arrive. I don't trust software wallets but guess metamask is OK in a pinch. It only does ETH assets. Also like Exodus. The SVB shit isn't as big a deal as every douche talking about it non-stop pretending they're an expert on it now is making it out to be, all depositors are bailed.  I think Coinbase had more cash losses with signature bank. I would get my crypto out ASAP though, but wouldn't panic, and risk putting it anywhere but a hardware wallet. 

Two things, make sure you have your 24 word passphrase stored in multiple locations incase your place burns god forbid. Do not store it digitally. Also, make sure you have a backup ledger, you're going to need two minimum.

Occasionally there will be firmware updates, it's better to have both ledgers working so you can test the update out on one, while always having the other working. Plus if one of them takes a shit, you're not SOL.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1
  • Truth 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/20/2023 at 7:34 AM, ndv said:

So my question is, it's probably a good idea to put all of your crypto in a hard wallet (thumb drive) and only transfers funds to your soft wallet when you plan to make purchases, yeah?

kinda yeah. Hard/cold wallet would be like your checking account, soft/hot wallet would be cash in your pocket. 

edit: kind of pedantic, but wallet doesn’t need to a thumb drive or even hardware. Can be as simple as QR code on a piece of paper. 

• Like 1

On 5/25/2023 at 12:36 PM, ndv said:

Curious to know.  Say the US defaults on our debt.  Would our downward spiral (bankruptcy) cause BTC and other top cryptos to sky rocket in value, yeah?

My understanding is no, the value of usd wouldn’t mess with crypto. Crypto is independent. Like if usd tanks, euro doesn’t go up, the exchange rate is what is effected. not the euro itself. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I liked what the dude is spitting, I agree with most of the points this guy made however, I am not educated on much of the tech he's talking about. 

What I agree with is.

1. Being the 256 issue which he is correct regarding the government realized this encryption dead-end.  All federal agencies have been rolling out new signing formats and are having us update our passwords more frequently. 

2. The crypto vulnerabilities he is speaking about where an individual or entity can own your money in an instant, isn't really any different that the fed seizing your bank account.  Although his BTC ledger explanation only makes Monero even more valuable than BTC in my opinion.  

3. Well I can't think of a third, becuase my girl called me while I was in tue middle of writing 2 and I don't feel like re watching the vid to remember my third agreement. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Oh no.

I just explained to her what the block chain was last week. No where did I say that shit was the future super internet. She said something about block chain and was also asking if I banked at a savings and loan. I told her I didn't know what that was and she started to try and school me on the block chain. No you crazy old boomer. What in the fucking 1980s is a savings and loan?

Screenshot_20231105-155859-934.png.766ab63cffa9849b7cf55a9e3bad82fe.png