Cryptocurrency

CLICKCLACKONER

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

@abrasivesaint Coins with low liquidity can have varying prices across platforms. There are people who make a living by taking advantage of these price differences, it's called Arbitrage.

Go to a U.S. exchange selling Bitcoin slightly less than an exchange in Korea, buy it, withdraw and deposit in Korea and sell. Transfer the proceeds back to the U.S. exchange and repeat. This is the mechanism the market uses to find equilibrium for assets popular in one area, and less popular in others.

Back to low liquidity, Robin hood isn't a real exchange, you can neither withdraw, or deposit crypto. This means they operate in a bubble that doesn't reflect the real price, rather it reflects their customer's perceived price, which can deviate from the perceived value reflected by the rest of the world.

• Like 1
  • Props 1

On 4/26/2021 at 6:44 PM, abrasivesaint said:

Finally sold all stocks, and invested in crypto. 

On 4/26/2021 at 8:52 PM, abrasivesaint said:

I just felt that these cryptos will bounce back and bring me back from my stock loses a lot faster than some of these stocks will. They’ve been stagnant for a while... but, now that i sold em, they’ll skyrocket. 

1 week and my money is not only regained but climbing. 

Edit: and the stocks went even lower. 

Edited by abrasivesaint
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, lord_casek said:

Only the first, not the last. Congratulations, man! 

All of you need to jump on Nu and Ankr while they're down. 

just put in another rack on ANKR.  also decided to cop some btc and eth while I was logged in.  I'm on a shopping spree but eating top ramen.

• Props 1

Just picked up some more ankr, trying to get a bit of Nu. 

I have about 50% of my modest net worth in crypto currency. Tempted to take some more out of my index tracker and buy more crypto but not sure that’s wise. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, CLICKCLACKONER said:

just put in another rack on ANKR.  also decided to cop some btc and eth while I was logged in.  I'm on a shopping spree but eating top ramen.

I just took damn near everything out of my 401k for this old job i had. I saw they average me about 10% in a year, i could have made myself more than that in the past day..

I’m slowly getting there. I may never be Mercer rich, but i’ll figure all this shit out one day, haha, and on that day lunch will be on me.  

• Like 1