Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

One of my favorite genres to watch is scary movies. Personally I like paranormal and extraterrestrial movies more than suspense/slasher/gore type. The big problem I have noticed with the genre is that there are very few "really good" movies and there are quite a lot of "just ok" ones..... and an absolute metric shit ton of ones that aren't worth watching more than 5 minutes into. Too many are relying on the whole blair witch thing where it looks like it's filmed by amateurs on a shaky home video camera.

The above isn't intended to sway anyone from posting what they like; it's just my personal preference.

So, what are your scariest movies, old or new? The kind that give you nightmares.

• Props 1
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bump. Couple of timeless classics that are still scary af to this day. I’ll drop some modern jams later on that I think make the cut..   First and foremost.....DUH.   This mo

This ones all kinds of fucked up. Kinda obscure for a Wes Craven movie. Think its based on a true story. Some Ivy Leaguer goes to Haiti to investigate claims that voodoo practitioners have figured out

The original amityville horror and the shining terrified the shit outta me as a kid.  This scene from “summer school” scared the shit out of me when I first saw it as a child channel surfing on old

Posted Images

I'm def interested in finding an actually scary movie to watch. so much shit today is reliant on jump-scares which are a real cop-out, and while they have their place, if those are the only scary moments in the "horror movie" its a failure.

I don't think I've had a nightmare from a film since I was in junior high, would love to find one.

One of my favorites was Del Toro's "Orphanage." No nightmares, but a solid film through and through

locandina_The-orphanage.jpg.74f257308d9ea0dc55ddf69dcbba509c.jpg

locandina_The-orphanage.jpg.2bdc7143ae44d9bab7ec5bdd9cab701a.jpg

• 3 months later...

Me and my girlfriend visited the Winchester Mystery House a few months ago during opening weekend of the "extended tour" (which showcased rooms that were previously closed to the public for almost 100 years)....cost us a little over $100 for the both of us to take the tour but worth every penny...

i remember the tour guide mentioning something about how they are coming out with a movie about the Winchester Mystery House soon and they had filmed there...i thought it would be more of a historical movie but it turns out its a horror film about the Mansion...saw the trailer for the first time last night...dont know how i feel about this...

• Like 1
  • Props 1

I've also visited the Winchester house tour so it might be interesting to see because some of it was filmed there. The trailer looks like the movie will be in perspective of Sarah. Maybe what she saw and most importantly believed was there. Then throw in a bunch of startling visual and audio effects.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, fatalist said:

This movie fucked me up for days. I could never watch it again. 

I’ve watched it 3x now lol Love it. 

Ari Asters new movie just came out can’t wait to see it. 

43C6F39B-038B-47EA-A363-98B6381141A4.jpeg

Just now, CILONE/SK said:

The head getting knocked off was kind of crazy and unexpected. Towards the end, I figured everyone was done for.

Yup, from that moment on, I knew I'd have to find a support group for people who saw that damn movie! 

• Like 2

I mean that movie was real good but i don't know if it was THAT scary, haha. I used to fuck with a old coworker who had a similar opinion to you on it’s scariness. I’d be off in the distance and hear him talking and make the click noise as loud as i could. He’d usually reply with a “FUCK YOU!!” 

• LOL! 1
10 hours ago, abrasivesaint said:

I mean that movie was real good but i don't know if it was THAT scary, haha. I used to fuck with a old coworker who had a similar opinion to you on it’s scariness. I’d be off in the distance and hear him talking and make the click noise as loud as i could. He’d usually reply with a “FUCK YOU!!” 

HAIL PAIMON

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/26/2017 at 9:18 PM, Fist 666 said:

I'm def interested in finding an actually scary movie to watch. so much shit today is reliant on jump-scares which are a real cop-out, and while they have their place, if those are the only scary moments in the "horror movie" its a failure.

Funny, my thoughts as I was clicking on this thread.  Seems like the formula became jump-scare, and when that was too predictable it became setting up predictable jumps but timing them a minute after the audience expects.