IT was pretty damn good

KILZ FILLZ

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Unpopular opinion but I really didn't like it. 

Way too heavy on the special effects and I just didn't get creeped out by the vibe at all. Technically well made but I just couldn't get into.

I couldn't believe they replaced that unnerving station in the swamp for a "haunted" house, really disappointed.

it.jpg

• Truth 1

i didnt bother seeing this one. figured i would wait for the second one and watch them together.

i just can't imagine it having the same effect on me.

The first one aired on television when i was a kid. i think it showed on a wednesday, then you had to wait a week to see the second part so all the neighborhood kids were scared as fuck while waiting on the second part.

in a somewhat related note, they fucked up the gunslinger book pretty bad. i can't believe king let that happen to his biggest work.

1 hour ago, diggity said:

in a somewhat related note, they fucked up the gunslinger book pretty bad. i can't believe king let that happen to his biggest work.

It was absolutely dreadful. Then again, at this point there have been more SK duds than good ones. His name in films doesn't have the same weight it once had. One too many shitty TV movies and now they're even messing up the blockbusters, not good.

2 minutes ago, misteraven said:

Never saw the original or the remake. Then again, I’m already short tempered and have my last nerve rattled over general life stress so not so fun to watch a movie and fuck with them some more.

What’s the Xanax equivalent of a movie, I’ll go watch that. 

This one is xanax'ed out, maybe throw in a little meth to even things out.

3 hours ago, Kults said:

It was absolutely dreadful. Then again, at this point there have been more SK duds than good ones. His name in films doesn't have the same weight it once had. One too many shitty TV movies and now they're even messing up the blockbusters, not good.

There’s no way the can turn a multi book series into a 90min movie without fucking it up. Originally I thought it was just going to be the first book. Overall I think movies are shit now and tv series are where it’s at. There just no time for plot/character development in one off movies these days. 

• Truth 1

Did anyone here read the book (before seeing the original movie)?  I did not see the original movie.  Saw the new It in the theater and didn't like.  Have re-watched it since and felt it was ok, but not really scary in any sense.  Think they left some shit out too.  Horror movies these days do not seem too scary to me.  What scares people currently is the thought of losing cell/internet service for a day.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/16/2018 at 11:33 PM, diggity said:

There’s no way the can turn a multi book series into a 90min movie without fucking it up. Originally I thought it was just going to be the first book. Overall I think movies are shit now and tv series are where it’s at. There just no time for plot/character development in one off movies these days. 

I read the books not too long ago, and after the first I was like "how did they turn this into a movie?" then found out it was all the books and cringed a little. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/17/2018 at 8:58 PM, One Man Banned said:

Did anyone here read the book (before seeing the original movie)?  I did not see the original movie.  Saw the new It in the theater and didn't like.  Have re-watched it since and felt it was ok, but not really scary in any sense.  Think they left some shit out too.  Horror movies these days do not seem too scary to me.  What scares people currently is the thought of losing cell/internet service for a day.

man when I was a kid I read the book

creeped me right out 

saw the original movie

creeped me right out

saw this

creeped me right out  which was surprise because the plot was fucking spastic.

reread the book and still got a mild peakiness about it.

fucking hate that damn book/movie but will be going to see the next one for fucking sure!

go figure