The Official Bootleg Series Volume 2.5 and the Return of 12ozProphet

misteraven

Sorry to spam, but figure since there's also great content included and I'm willing to provide the backstory by answering any questions, that you guys won't mind.

So as you *hopefully* know we relaunched the new website and forum last week and just yesterday launched the online store and the pre release of our new book, The Official Bootleg Series Volume 2.5, as well as a content piece introducing it.

For those that bought the old books, it'll likely seem familiar. The spec was based off AKA v1.5, which of all of them was my favorite due to how manageable it was to design and develop and how easy it was to hold and pass along. Plus the packaging, inspired by old packs of baseball cards, always seemed super cool to me. It was sort of a cross between a zine and a book and allows for tipping in extras, like stickers and other stuff.

Further to that, I was looking to reclaim some of our prior achievements by keeping a similar aesthetic. Its obviously been a long time since the last books and I wanted people who have them to see this one and do a double take about whether they're seeing a blast from the past with just enough difference to quickly get that its something new. Foe the newer generation, I wanted to claim our aesthetic and reintroduce it.

The content is a lot of stuff out of my personal archives and being honest, is more about people, places, experiences and content that is meaningful to me. I've decided to not focus on trying to represent an entire scene, but rather look to curate my own reality and interests and present it back in a format that I hope people might enjoy. As it evolves, it'll start crossing over to subjects and content that go deeper into that, but the spotlights and collaborators will continue to be the people I believe to stand above and beyond the crowds and also individuals I know and respect.

My intention is to try and work to releasing it 4 times a year and you'll likely see many pages evolve towards documenting what we do as 12ozProphet: our own projects and efforts and of course, also the product we put out.

In any case, just wanted to give you guys a heads up and a little background. It feels good to see all of this coming together after all the time, mistakes and efforts. I also want to thank all of you guys that have stuck out 12ozProphet's dark times and that are here now to see us come out the other end. I'm just getting warmed up.

The return of 12ozProphet.

Links:

www.12ozprophet.com

Online Store - https://www.12ozprophet.com/shop

The Official Bootleg Series 2.5 Book - https://www.12ozprophet.com/features/official-bootleg-series-volume-2-5

The Official Bootleg Series 2.5 Feature - https://www.12ozprophet.com/features/official-bootleg-series-volume-2-5

Shameless Instagram Plug - @12ozprophet

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Since there's no FAQ section, I'll ask here. The address I provided for delivery isnt the same as billing address, is that a problem? Order #752

FAQ is listed under the 'Shop' dropdown as 'Support'. Link: https://www.12ozprophet.com/faq/

But to answer your question, for now we only ship to the billing address since that goes a long way to prevent fraud and that was a huge issue in the past. We've actually been discussing today that we might switch that up because we got a couple emails about it. Likewise, I believe tomorrow or Monday we'll also have Paypal as an option for paying.

Sorry for the hassle and thanks for the interest. If you need help with anything, feel free to email info@12ozprophet.com in case I'm slow to respond or if you don't want to talk in public about it.

Can't check out any time I try and purchase anything from the store, lame.

Please email info@12ozprophet.com for assistance. As mentioned just above, we only ship to billing addresses so that might be the issue. Likewise, we kicked off with all the fraud detect algorithms extra heavy so no doubt it might be catching some legit transactions. Its a completely new system and we're finessing it as we gain more insight and experience, but agreed it would be wise to start strict and then loosen up rather then get hit with a bunch of chargebacks and lose out merchant account.

Please email info@12ozprophet.com for assistance. As mentioned just above, we only ship to billing addresses so that might be the issue. Likewise, we kicked off with all the fraud detect algorithms extra heavy so no doubt it might be catching some legit transactions. Its a completely new system and we're finessing it as we gain more insight and experience, but agreed it would be wise to start strict and then loosen up rather then get hit with a bunch of chargebacks and lose out merchant account.

Thanks so much for getting back to me, I emailed you back this morning.

• Like 1

Awesome work and the new site design looks great! Thank you for keeping the culture alive. I think it's important to take a step back to what graffiti is and means since it's so prevalent in today's advertising world. I first remember seeing it on Adult Swim (I think) when every ad they had on tv was clouds and paint drips with graffiti style fonts. Most people that think they know hip hop cannot even name the elements. In any case I appreciate the hard work that has gone into keeping this site online and producing print work like the books. I'll be ordering some extras for a few friends soon and look forward to giving them a gift they'll cherish for years to come.

• Like 1

Awesome work and the new site design looks great! Thank you for keeping the culture alive. I think it's important to take a step back to what graffiti is and means since it's so prevalent in today's advertising world. I first remember seeing it on Adult Swim (I think) when every ad they had on tv was clouds and paint drips with graffiti style fonts. Most people that think they know hip hop cannot even name the elements. In any case I appreciate the hard work that has gone into keeping this site online and producing print work like the books. I'll be ordering some extras for a few friends soon and look forward to giving them a gift they'll cherish for years to come.

Thanks man, and also appreciate the tech assistance you've given me.

• Like 1

Stoked on the book. Definitely dig the AKA 1.5 format too. For the small size there is a shit ton of quality content packed in. Thanks for the bonus stickers, too. Will make sure they get spread out across the country.

Thanks man. Yeah, really love that spec so planning to keep doing it for a bit. Already started the next volume (v3.5).

I would really like to see a shirt that isn't white or black.

I spill food on myself guaranteed every meal, so I haven't bought a white T in years.

And I already own too many black Ts, because that is the default for every company/band/etc ever.

Please/thank-you.

• Like 2

I would really like to see a shirt that isn't white or black.

I spill food on myself guaranteed every meal, so I haven't bought a white T in years.

And I already own too many black Ts, because that is the default for every company/band/etc ever.

Please/thank-you.

LOL, noted. Will take that under advisement.

Though I generally follow what others are up to, I try hard to not let it influence my own decision making. Honestly, trying to predict trends and follow what the market demands led to the stagnation of the last many years. I've always done best going with my gut and putting out the type of product I'm genuinely exited about versus what's on trend.

Tomorrow's release is a fine example of that. No doubt I'll get the usual cry babies saying guns are evil and that I must be a racist or somehow micro agressing someone else with my white privilege, but at the end of the day its about individual liberty and personal responsibility.

Teaser (You saw it here first!):

12ozprophet-t-shirt-shoot-1st-black-detail.thumb.jpg.2c8cd630d7da0a3c0941a5cd1847ed22.jpg