New look...?

Brickos

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Yeah, being able to check the forums from my phone is probably going to be a blessing and a curse. I suppose it's better than mindlessly scrolling through IG, though.

If you guys have any suggestion to improve the experience on iPhone or spot issues, speak up and I'll do my best to address them.

@raven

It may only be me but I live on the New Posts page of forums. The recent activity page under forum nav is an eyesore for me and doesn't give me the simple info I want straight up - the most recent posts, in what thread by who.

However, the new post page still exists here - http://forum.12ozprophet.com/find-new/1804054/posts if there are any forum pedants similar to myself.

• Like 3

To be honest, there's a better than fair chance I'll replace this forum with a much simpler version despite having just finished. Trying to bridge the registration and login system literally cost me months of time and tons of money despite never having been finalized. Everytime I got close, a software update created an issue that set things back. Not sure how much you guys care about having a sitewide login and registration system, but maintaining two separate accounts for 12oz (main site and forum), has caused us nothing but trouble for years now. There are some integrated solutions that now exist that would be bridged by default, but all are much simpler forum systems.

I know it's got zero to do with what you commented on above, but just letting everyone know. When we tried to custom develop a forum system it was just way too much to tackle from a development point of view, let alone maintenance. As such, we generally buy into commercial forum systems and then modify it to fit out needs. Issue is the more you modify, the more potential for something to go wrong, which led to the last huge meltdown a couple years back that about killed the login system. Its complicated and timely to pull off so my new rule of thumb is to try not to tweak things too much.

I know its a shitty reply, but knowing its impossible to please everyone, I've strived to do what I think will please most. At this point, I'm just trying to keep things working so people can easily register, login and post. First goal after that is to try and ensure the experience on mobile in solid since so much traffic seems to come from mobile. I'm hoping it gets better with time since once we have a solid platform, we can then evolve it. This latest site launch was all about that... Basically starting from scratch and ensuring we have a very well built foundation we can then evolve over the coming years... Site and forum.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Once things pick up steam, I plan to set that back up and will also be expanding the perks on it. Hold tight, spread the word and help get this place bumping again so its worth setting it all up.

No problemo. Was mostly curious cus I had it way long ago, then it disappeared and didn't remember why.

Things are looking good. Book looks tight, and forum is pushin nicely. Well done, Raven.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Thanks man! Yeah was a massive effort that took a lot of turns since I kept backing myself into a corner with the stuff we were testing or trying to do. From what it seems and based on feedback, it looks like we're past the dumb shit so now its just about promoting and enjoying.

Are you still doing tweaks and or bug fixes?

Pretty solid on my phone, good work, but have come across a couple things.