writers and death

serum

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by blood & guts

i am not sure if you knew tie personally, and if you did, then ignore what i am about to say. but, someone died. someone you didnt know. what is the difference if he wrote graffiti or if he worked on cars. i dont see you crying over joe mechanic, so why tie?

but, if in fact, you are a staunch anti-murder-campaigner or a pro-death penalty supporter, and do strongly protest every fucking murder in the United States, my apologies.

im not crying over shit, and apparently a cruxifiction is harsh or something..i thought that was mild but i could name off a few other people besides ties killer that i would want slaughtered.

Originally posted by seeking innocence

i cant wait till graff surgeon posts some of his stuff and finally puts some work behind his big mouth. he talks like a veteran, yet id be surprised if he's been around for more than two years.

yeah, seeking we could battle with digital graff!!! shut up kid..i wouldent go tripping around who's nice.

I think Cracked said a while ago that he doesn't like who kids out in bumfuck are doing nace memorial tributes just to feel like they're part of something. I did a Nace tribute, and I'm pretty sure it was just to feel like I was 'in the scene' or whatever.

But, I do feel sad when a writer dies more so than when a 'regular' person dies. But it's just because I share a common bond with that person. So I feel like although I didn't know them personally, in a way I did know them(what?).

And there's nothing wrong with the anal sex thread. I'm sure you've been guilty of mindless threads yourself Seeking. If all there was only serious topics, no one would come to channel zero.

are you saying, "serious stuff" bores you. i hate to break it to you kid, but there are people who care about the real world... and i dont mean the TV show. you said, "no one would want to come..."

so, are you saying you feel more hurt when a person dies that listens to modest mouse than a regular person (i think it was you who posted a MM sketch in the bench). i mean, you guys do have that common bond. just shut the fuck up.

usually no one reads my topics because they're too serious and if i do post nonsense no reads that either. but i'd much rather fuck a girl and not talk about it then to not fuck anyone and start 100 topics about how much i don't have it. i like serious stuff and useless information, rather than useless nonexperiences.

i'm bored. i had a job interview today, that went pretty well, uhh on a less serious note i'm in love with my student and shes wearing a kimono for college graduation next month so i'm excited about that. i'm going to pay like $200 in about a month to have her dress up like a geisha and she said i could take pictures. i'm more excited about that prospect.

in love with satomi now huh? my what a difference a couple months and some instructions on how to fuck properly make... why the fuck am i still here man? damn the insanity...

i like serious topics too, but mine never last long... and no one ever gets what im talking about anyway. they play off the obvious, but always miss the underlying theme that im really going for.... someday...

are you saying, "serious stuff" bores you. i hate to break it to you kid, but there are people who care about the real world... and i dont mean the TV show. you said, "no one would want to come..."

so, are you saying you feel more hurt when a person dies that listens to modest mouse than a regular person (i think it was you who posted a MM sketch in the bench). i mean, you guys do have that common bond. just shut the fuck up.

I'm gonna disreguard the "just shut the fuck up comment" in hope of having a serious conversation with you.

First, I was saying that you need a healthy mix of retarted threads, and serious threads. Not 100% of either. Too much of one would bore people ot death.

And if I heard on the news that some kid, that I never knew, and was a huge modest mouse fan. I probably would be a little more sympathetic for him then if a kid who liked some random band I didn't like. It sounds extrememly shallow, but it is a feeling everyone has, whether you can admit it or not.

analogy: Do you feel more sympathetic for American soldiers who are killed or if Afghani soldiers are killed? You'd feel more sympathetic for your people. It's a bit of a stretch, but Modest Mouse fans are my people.

i can honestly answer your question with: NO, i do not feel any more sympathy for an american soldier than for an afghani soldier.

oh, and yeah, that is pretty shallow (thanks for admitting that.) it's just a fucking band. and it's just fucking writing on dumpsters...

i can honestly answer your question with: NO, i do not feel any more sympathy for an american soldier than for an afghani soldier.

oh, and yeah, that is pretty shallow (thanks for admitting that.) it's just a fucking band. and it's just fucking writing on dumpsters...

woah...not even for an american soldier? holy cow dude. youre badass for stating your insane opinion. i can honestly say i only give a fuck about 10 people in my life at this point. the rest of you can die unmerciful deaths..i said that shit about tie because i was como'd...who knows what i was thinking?

i will go ahead and agree with blood and guts, i feel no worse for american soldiers, than i do afghani soldiers who are killed. people are people, and everyone has a family who loves them, and everyone has a family that will grieve at their loss. what ever side of the line they happen to be standing on makes no difference to me. honestly, the fact that were fighting a war right now, WE ARE FIGHTING A WAR, and not a single one of our soldiers (that i know of anyway) was killed by enemy fire. doest that strike anyone as being... oh i dont know.... COMPLETELY FUCKED UP? not that im saying i support the taliban, al queda or anything of the sort, simply that war is stupid and i grieve (or dont grieve) equally across the board...

It definitely is fucked up. And maybe American's and Afghanistan wasn't the best comparison. But I was just using it as an anology. Its not like I would mourn the loss of a Modest Mouse fan more than a DMX fan. But if I heard that they were a fan of Modest Mouse I would react a bit differently than if I heard he was a DMX fan. Probably not enough to notice, but it's just a sense of comrodary.

I don't respect people based on their taste in music, but I get along more easily if they have similar tastes. That's where it stems from. If I knew that the DMX fan was a good person, and the Modest Mouse person was an ass...I probably would feel worse for the DMX fan(although both would be a shame).

and it is just "fucking writing on dumpsters". I never said it was a noble cause or something. I never said "Man, he liked Modest Mouse...he should get an award." But the fact that I share a common bond with that person would cause me to be a little more sympathetic than I normally would have. There are so many deaths reporrted on the news that its hard to feel remorse of any kind anymore. It's common place to hear of shootings in schools...that's what's fucked up.

For some reasons I've heard all about the misfortunes of a guy I was never cool with- a friend of a friend. This dude hustled shit constantly and never struck me as a smart guy. A couple of years ago he was shot in the spine and ended up in a wheelchair. Later on I heard the dude was put in jail for selling X off his fucking chair at raves. About 3 months ago the dude gets killed. A friend of a friend. The friend of mine may feel bad- I don't. I think the passing of another human being should be treated with the same respect or at least acknowledgement as we attributed to them when that person was alive. I sympathized with my friend because she had lost a friend- I may have never been cool with the dude- and he could've been a dumbfuck deserving all he had coming, but nevertheless he was a friend to my friend and that deserves some recognition however miniscule.

I also do not feel any more sympathy for an american soldier than for an afghani soldier. They are fighting and that shit can get you killed.

I'd hope that when a writer dies, other writers who sympathize do so because despite politics, we have something in common with the deceased- and we feel it is something worth acknowledgement.

It seems impossible to generalize experiences with death. Anytime anyone dies, the circumstances concerning how it affects us is different each time because no one can die twice. To speculate how we would feel about a certain person dying, hypothetical or an actual person, is disrespectful to the living.

Lazy-

I agree with pretty much all you said. But, I sympathize more so for an American soldier because I'm American. I share a common bond with that person.

You could say that's a rediculous philosphy. Do I feel more sympathetic with someone who wears glasses than someone who does not? No. I think it has to be something more than that. Musical taste may not seem like more, but it is. It's not much more, so I wouldn't be able to notice a huge difference in sympathy, but it would probably be there.

The difference in sympathy is greater when an American dies than when an Afghanistan soldier dies because nationality is more importan than musical taste. I do agree that it's rediculous we're at war and we haven't lost a single soldier, but the fact remains. I feel bad when American soldiers die. More so than when our enemies die.

I wouldn't go so far as to say prejudice. I don't think American lives are more important than Afghanistan lives. In time of war, I would rather American soldiers live.

I really don't agree with war at all, but I'm not gonna be able to talk them out of it I don't think.

Allright, I'm gonna amend some of my statements(is that allowed?). Although I would rather Afghanistan soldiers die, than American soldiers, I do not sympathize more with American soldiers deaths than Afghanistan soldiers deaths. death is death. So I suppose my previous statement was a bit prejudice. ok. yeah.

we have come so far, technology wise, that we dont even need to be sending soldiers into countrys..all we need to do is drop some bombs and theyll be shitting their pants when they notice we're serious..american families value life way too much to be able to handle another serious war with mass amounts of kids not coming home.

were you shocked with sep 11th? how the hell do you think the afghan people feel getting bombed everday? we are bombing the hell out of a place for basically one man. which is the same as bombing california looking for oj in his white bronco. life is life and its precious no matter what government that you live under. why the fuck do you care about americans any more than afghans? you dont know either. you just happen to be represented by one group. whatever i dont need to school you on shit if you guys are going to lean more on the moron side than the logical side i'm not here to step on your see-saw.

kill a killer and you become the killer because thats what they deserve YOU say.

-downcast-

Originally posted by seeking innocence

i dont want to say 'if your not going to care all the time, then dont fucking bother, cause that sounds ridiculous, but theres some level of truth to it. why cant people care about one another all the time? why be such blatent fucking hipocrits?

.....anytime someone dies, i care just as much as i dont. i mean, i cant go around constantly mourning the dead cause id never be able to leave my house. but i also try to live my life in a way that honors all people, living or dead, which in my mind, is paying homage to everyone that has passed. im not always the worlds nicest guy, but i stand behind my beliefs and i will never comprimise them to fit in with the 'popular' stance.

of course all of that comes from my buddhist belief that we dont really exist anyway. :)

*BAM!*

^ What he said^

Archived