ENRON

Guest TEARZ

• 5 months later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest TEARZ

back in town

yes.... what ever came of this "investigation?"

peep this link.

http://www.cnn.com/2002/ALLPOLITICS/07/03/...tock/index.html

republicans have no shame, bruh. dudes are trying to act like they are cracking down on corporate corruption when they are its primary benificiaries. i'd love to give those fucks some shutos to their larynxes.

the nation is key. please believe i'm a subscriber.

Guest ctrl+alt+del

its not just Bush jr, you know Bush Sr is the one in control. Hes the one who got his son chosen to be the pretender in chief. shits sheisty.

Guest TEARZ

i've reviewed this thread in its entirety and i have a few notes...

1. are2 had some nice points and some nuanced commentary. hope you'll continue to enter the fray.

2. i'm interested in how cracked ass would invest his $ if he had any.

3. a few of you have noted that you own stocks/mutual funds. as do i. what's your thinking and approach to investing and how do you know what you're doing? where does morality come into play in investing?

ok, first of all, for me, i grew up poor- a fact that informs many of my decisions, but it becomes all the more influential when it comes to dough.

when i was 20, i decided that even though i was not down with greed, capitalism and exploitation, i should invest and "play the game" rather than get played. instead of spending all my dough on bullshit like my friends- clothes, cars, weed and records, i decided that i'd set aside a fraction of my income and when i came into a little lump sum i opened up a roth ira through the internet. i researched funds by myself, started reading the economist and the wall street journal, did online reserach and talked to any old rich people that would talk to me. so i bought a small cap growth mutual fund because i'm a gambler and it has mostly paid off.

my outlook at the time was (and to some extent still is) fuck responsible investing- i do a lot for the world already, and i'm trying to get paid... of course i wouldn't ever invest in a fund that held something blatant like philip morris or nike, but outside of that i was not that discriminate. but for the most part, it was mostly a non-issue because i was investing in small cap tech stocks which, as a whole, have a socially responsible track record.

now, i work for a grassroots non profit and i am still doing laregely save the world type shit, but i have also recently bought a socially responsible mutual fund (as well as some value stocks)... the fund has skyrocketed recently.

of course i largely agree with crack's idea of DIY investing and money management... but you really have to do your homework to know if something major happens in one of your funds- a collapse in a top 10 holding, or the switch of a fund manager, nevermind having to deal with corporations lying about their profits and losses. luckily, some funds are starting to play the watchdog a little more, insisting that companies get separate auditors and consulting firms to avoid conflicts of interest, or else they threaten to sell out.

i guess i just wanted to use this as a place to discuss the market and investing philosophies... it seems hard sometimes to maintain personal integrity and still "play the game," but it has to be done if people with revolutionary ideas want the ability to fund their own projects without lifelong debt or the comprimise of their idea(l)...

what do you think?

Guest BROWNer

bajeezus!!!

this needs another scandalous boink...

um....

sadly i have zero inp[ut] as i'm

on 'borrowed time'. which sucks quite heavily.

anyhow......

hi tearz.

bye tearz.

maybe when i get

a better account ii'l pop in for some

delineatory confabulationsz..

now back to my harpers article 'the case against

henry(scum assoholic) kissinger'.

Guest TEARZ

hi browner... good to see you man. thanks for the bump. i'd like to hear some in depth twinkified analysis at some point. i must say that besides the occasional good thing and the bike thread, 12oz has bunted lately. so i haven't really been checking... pretty sure you're on the same page... you and tesser were stirring up the pot for a while, but it's hard when you're dealing with 90% dorkass boner boys.

fuck an enron. fuck a worldcom.

take care brah.

Guest BROWNer

hey nerd!

first off: investments....

i can't offer anything on investments or anything

to do with money, becuz i don't have ANY, and i haven't

for most of my adult life so far. well....i have, but i've never

put it into anything like that. the stock market and banking

are a mystery to me. one of these days i'll get interested..

on a side note, i had to get one blank cheque made up at my

bank last week, and when i went in it cost me fucking 50cents! i couldn't

believe it. i rambled to everyone in sight for the next 2 days and

everyone was like, 'yea, so what? thats normal'.................

i was mega fucking pissed..thats just a blatant scam if you ask me.

i don't get banking. what good does it do me? at this point, the margin

of benefits is actually negative.

its safe, and reliable, but other than that its just my money sitting

in their machines making THEM money. once the charges come

through the whole idea of having it sit there and gain interest is flushed.

and enron: i have no idea what is happening with that now.

is anything happening? seems to me its just tied up in the

bullshit of endless litigation. worldcom too. corporate crooks run shit.

the only thing i've seen lately is all the stuff with bush and

his harken stock. and i haven't read enough to make any

informed comments.........except that i don't trust what he says.

Archived