Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest GoBiloe

Your first skate setup (graff and skateboarders)

Hell, that's right.

Danny way was a lil' munchkin tearin up the pools!

Cab's old. What ever happened to Bill Danforth? He was the ILL disaster slappin' master.

Dogtown was way Rad.

Odd Man Out was Cab's band after The Faction...

Mark killed his fiance's sister, the less said about it, the better... actually, anyone remeber the first issue of Thrasher? When it was b/w and still had a newsprint cover... Gator skated a pool naked, he destroyed for a little while and then took a spill leaving a razzberry on his back from his thigh to his shoulder, that was kinda gorry

Who remebers the Godoys? Art and Steve the skater twins.. or when Danny Way was a little kid?

what about the Gruber twins?

I remember the first thrasher I saw had Tommy G. on the cover..a purple and yellow cover..photo of him..super young at a demo in Golden Gate park...but I do remember old Skateboarder mags my step bro used to have..all metal boards, tunnel wheels, carving pools barefoot.

How are you going to skate a pool barefoot?!

Gator was good. Anyone remeber the old Steve Olson checkered graphic? I used to draw checkers on everything I owned because of that.

jfa, agent orange, gang green,agnostic front, and the infamous DK symbol...

this thread inspired me to look under the dresser in the garage... I found that Madrid Lucero, a Schmitt Stix Lucero street thing (the one with the peace symbols and smiley faces), a Vision John Grigley and a Powell Cab w/ the 'new' dragon and bone-ite... these are just a few of the relics I have laying around the house... somewhere I have an H Street Danny Way (fish shape) w/ trucks and wheels, all in solid condition... I had to lay off for almost a year because of my palms, like I was smuggling grapefruit, and when I came back, the new school had struck, all the kids were doing flip tricks so I just bought a new rig... that was a Plan B board that had a print on the bottom but when I did a board slide I found that the paint was only a thin layer over everslick, and the everslick had a picture of a cop lynching a black boy (like a 7 year old) - that was a bit disturbing...

my first deck, real deck that is, was by a company by the name of URGH! which was an early 90s brasilian company. it was heavy but i was also small back then...goodtimes.

i have an alien workshop spectrum slick, i think its the second logo they had, the kind with the rainbow and the three aliens...a good friend of mine gave it to me and she never did too much damage, so i just keep it for display.

Originally posted by cleansheets

...skate....and destroy....doesn't really matter if youre a girl or a boy...

...skate.....and destroy.....skating is gggrreeaaattt....heeyyahey...

what vidoe was that?..

Flood gates open on memories..

airwalk shoes with velcro.

Old Soul- What did your cousin uised to write?

wasn't that the first bones brigade video?

My cousin wrote dale & then I think he switched to jar. his brother wrote stash I believe.

Damn nobody ever got a VISION STREET WEAR logo model? nor a PSYCHOSTIX...haha that was the shit,, w/ the shoes going the same style or the airwalk proto, oj' were cool wheel,but spitfire always the best,who rember when the T bones show up w/ the 100 ! that was like skateboarding on ice! Zroller was also a crazy truck!

but the most crazy think was when the everslick starts ruling the market!

damm . my first board was a thrasher with plastic trucks and rubber weals with abec 1/100 bearings. now i have an aws with grind king and chocolate wheels.

acme slick with the stone guy from youngblood on it. indy's and some monster wheels- bought it offa some thug who jacked it offa some skateboarder.

Now i got a real with indy highs and still rocking the big wheels. gotta have big wheels to ride over all the broken glass. no what i mean?

My first and only board was a Powell&Peralta. Ratbone wheels I think. Mind is blank , it was over 15 years ago. Thunderbolts crews.

Re: OZI

Originally posted by clone

my first deck was an OZI in the early 80's (australian deck)

who remembers "badlands" metal tail bones?

or the sacrilidge that were "ollie horns" (dope for street 540's)

bonite guerrero's...skateboarding is not for fleas...

i've since semi retired to an ALVA "black cadillac" model with variflex (pool fool) trucks and a set of t bones...

what the hell was the point of bonite anyway?

vision street wear barf bottoms

lance moutain, indy's, and some hosoi's ... who remember's vision skate escape??? do or die... push it to the max... those were the days...

old soul- Jar was up back in the day..had a lot of buses on lock..stash too..good handstyles for that time..I still canpicture JAR one flows..good shit.

What about the old jimmy'z velcro pants....and the beret's were horrible...

the first bones brigade video..yep.

jaks ?

i started skating when hiphop and flip tricks were first makin there big impact on skateboardin. ah those were the days. back home not surrounded by fucin pussies back in the days when everyone was like whats going on, those guys dont want to go see i dont know who ever were the punk bands back then. nobody knew what the fuck was going on addidas and graff wearin loose jeans and what the fuc was mobinhoodcrew. god damn long live mobin hood.

Airborne Peanut Brown (cut like a Zorlac deck, i still got it)

Indys

Yellow SC Slimeballs

yellow rails

for some reason, Salba's brother's name is spelled Micke

the godoys, mad tattooed and they drew designs too. didn't they have their own company for 50 seconds?

does anyone remember a band of all pro skaters called the Committed?

how about 411, the KILLER band with Mario Rubalcaba on drums?

or how about Soda, Caballero's last band?

Mark Gator Anthony (Rogowski) was the shit back when, as was John Grigley and Jinx, but Gator sent a letter to Skateboarder or some magazine from behind bars, blaming skateboarding for bringing him to waste someone. a pathetic fall from grace.

RIP Jeff Phillips.

cleansheets- Johnny Rad and The Jordanaires..

"SHOW ME THOSE RIBBBBBONEEES, NOWWWWWWW!!"

"Urethane, urethane, baby."

there was also cruz control, the SC decks that came with the wedge-like riser for intense concave. haha.

Bill Danforth? how about Eric Dressen?!

"i want it back again, the feeling that i once had"- judge

Guest KONFLIKT

MARK GONZALAS 60/40 SLICK IT HAD A REAL PIC. OF SOME GIRL RIDING A BIKE IN THE CITY AND IT WAS ALL TINTED GREEN. ON THE NOSE AND TAIL IT HAD THESE CARTOON WRESTLERS OR SOMETHING HOLDING DOLLAR BILLS IN THEIR HANDS. I DIDNT UNDERSTAND IT BUT IT WAS DOPE. VENTURE. GERMAN BERINGS. AND LIKE 15 MM. WHEELS (NOT REALLY BUT THEY WERE SMALL. IT WAS BACK WHEN PEOPLE ALL WANTED MAD SMALL WHEELS CUZ IT WAS LIGHT)