Your first skate setup (graff and skateboarders)

Guest GoBiloe

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New school deck (anyone heard of that company? they went under a while after i bought it i think). Venture trucks, spitfire wheels. Summer of 96, i believe. Today im skatin a blind, thunders, and spitfires. About skating and graff, i got into writing way after i started skating, but a number of skaters i know have some knowledge of graff, whether theyre writers or not, it seems they're kinda connected. Both underground cultures, and hell there's graff on boards ive bought. Skate or fuckin die!

G&S

First board i owned-----Generic Variflex setup

First old-school board i ever rode------G&S with a joker and sling shot, wish i could remember the rider.

First real setup-----Shorty's Muska 7.5, destructo trucks, 50mm blank wheels, lucky bearings and risers, pig grip tape i think, but who remembers that?

todays Super Cruiser-----zoo york tag deck, indys, spitfire 60mm classics, lucky risers, pig hardware, world tape, oh and pig bearings.

i still suck though.

my first board was a variflex then I got a powell ripper with tracker trucks and team rider wheels, from there i went to a dogtown eric dressen, that was a long time ago.

I just started skating again its amazing what you forget and now that I'm old it hurts more, I just do it for the hell of it now so my son can get interested in it.

OZI

my first deck was an OZI in the early 80's (australian deck)

who remembers "badlands" metal tail bones?

or the sacrilidge that were "ollie horns" (dope for street 540's)

bonite guerrero's...skateboarding is not for fleas...

i've since semi retired to an ALVA "black cadillac" model with variflex (pool fool) trucks and a set of t bones...

Guest im not witty

i just watched search for animal chin last night.

"my shins are banked, and my shoulder is shlebanged" hahahahahaha

my first deck was a sims complete, with the mexican bandito guy with 2 six shooters and neon green cactuses, with like 700,00 mm wheels that were hot pink as fuck.

Odd Man Out was Cab's band after The Faction...

Mark killed his fiance's sister, the less said about it, the better... actually, anyone remeber the first issue of Thrasher? When it was b/w and still had a newsprint cover... Gator skated a pool naked, he destroyed for a little while and then took a spill leaving a razzberry on his back from his thigh to his shoulder, that was kinda gorry

Who remebers the Godoys? Art and Steve the skater twins.. or when Danny Way was a little kid?

what about the Gruber twins?

I remember the first thrasher I saw had Tommy G. on the cover..a purple and yellow cover..photo of him..super young at a demo in Golden Gate park...but I do remember old Skateboarder mags my step bro used to have..all metal boards, tunnel wheels, carving pools barefoot.

How are you going to skate a pool barefoot?!

Gator was good. Anyone remeber the old Steve Olson checkered graphic? I used to draw checkers on everything I owned because of that.

jfa, agent orange, gang green,agnostic front, and the infamous DK symbol...

this thread inspired me to look under the dresser in the garage... I found that Madrid Lucero, a Schmitt Stix Lucero street thing (the one with the peace symbols and smiley faces), a Vision John Grigley and a Powell Cab w/ the 'new' dragon and bone-ite... these are just a few of the relics I have laying around the house... somewhere I have an H Street Danny Way (fish shape) w/ trucks and wheels, all in solid condition... I had to lay off for almost a year because of my palms, like I was smuggling grapefruit, and when I came back, the new school had struck, all the kids were doing flip tricks so I just bought a new rig... that was a Plan B board that had a print on the bottom but when I did a board slide I found that the paint was only a thin layer over everslick, and the everslick had a picture of a cop lynching a black boy (like a 7 year old) - that was a bit disturbing...

my first deck, real deck that is, was by a company by the name of URGH! which was an early 90s brasilian company. it was heavy but i was also small back then...goodtimes.

i have an alien workshop spectrum slick, i think its the second logo they had, the kind with the rainbow and the three aliens...a good friend of mine gave it to me and she never did too much damage, so i just keep it for display.

Originally posted by cleansheets

...skate....and destroy....doesn't really matter if youre a girl or a boy...

...skate.....and destroy.....skating is gggrreeaaattt....heeyyahey...

what vidoe was that?..

Flood gates open on memories..

airwalk shoes with velcro.

Old Soul- What did your cousin uised to write?

wasn't that the first bones brigade video?

My cousin wrote dale & then I think he switched to jar. his brother wrote stash I believe.

• 3 weeks later...

Damn nobody ever got a VISION STREET WEAR logo model? nor a PSYCHOSTIX...haha that was the shit,, w/ the shoes going the same style or the airwalk proto, oj' were cool wheel,but spitfire always the best,who rember when the T bones show up w/ the 100 ! that was like skateboarding on ice! Zroller was also a crazy truck!

but the most crazy think was when the everslick starts ruling the market!

acme slick with the stone guy from youngblood on it. indy's and some monster wheels- bought it offa some thug who jacked it offa some skateboarder.

Now i got a real with indy highs and still rocking the big wheels. gotta have big wheels to ride over all the broken glass. no what i mean?

Archived