Your first skate setup (graff and skateboarders)

Guest GoBiloe

Guest GoBiloe

at least half the writers i know skateboarded before they got into graff.

my first deck was a plan b ronnie bertino everslick with venture trucks and 48mm yoyo wheels. i put some cornball stickers all over it, paying careful attention to placement and symmetry. my mom took me to beacon hill skate shop to buy it in like 93 or 94. i then proceeded to suck for the next 8 years. i still suck today, but skating is close to my heart. sweaty days and nights, nursing bruised and broken limbs. that's the shit right there. skate or die.

and i'm pretty sure i got into graffiti because of that haggard THINK logo.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Santa Cruz Rob Roskopp 3,Sims street wheels,Tracker Ultra Lights-this was in '86.I almost got a John Lucero.The last board I had was a Kenny Reed with Indys' that were ground the axle and some Spitfires-but I've been chilling out for a awhile-My left knee finally gave up the ghost so I haven't skated for some time now.

Guest --zeSto--

I remember when the pro's who made Plan B left Powell Peralta.

Hell... I remember when Peralta left Powell.

And when Tony left to make birdhouse.

man.. how that stuff used to matter so much.

No shit right...Memories.

I had that Roskopp deck.

That Ray Barbie was a dopeass deck. I'd buy one if anyone had a freshie....Who did that graphic anyway.....?

Hold on, I got some MAD memorabelia for ya'lls in a sec. I gotta take it off the wall, scan it, then upload it......gimme a few...

my first board was big and green and oldschool. i think it had an eel fighting an aligator, it hadnose and tail guards and rails...it was great.

my other first board was a treehouse stock deck with ugly green spitfire blobs and noname trucks..

gb, im tryin to go to nyc next week i need to sleep on your floor. hit me up.

nash skateboard..the joint with the buzz saw grip tape..

first real joint

jeff kendall..the joint with the sprayy paint hand coming out painting his name..i loved that...slimeball whells street edition.

maybe trackertrucks..dont remeber to well...

also i had a nother jeff kendall board..and a tony hawk vert board.

christian hosoi(sp?)

im geussing this is mid 80's.

That shit was hard. Took the poster off my wall, scanned it an' all that shit. Probably wouldn't have been all that hard if I hadn't been drinking since 2:00.

ANYWHOO, got this autographed back in '89 at a ramp show in VT.

HA! Nash Buzz saw, That's funny. Probably had a DOZER board too, remember those? about a foot long, and hard as hell to ride....

http://imagem.webphotos.iwon.com/1000022800/1000022800_122200242219PM0.2160761.jpg'>

oops, there, that should be mo' betta.

Drink a lot o' soda so they call me Dr. Peppa.

My first deck was an uncle wiggley that my cousin kicked down. Then I moved to a Roskopp then a natas then a tommy guerrero. Had tracker trucks then indys. Rat bones & OJII's. My cousin also happened to write up in frisco in the 80's. That's how I got into it. Skating & writing...good stuff!

Archived