turntablist magizine.

Guest ?!?!

i read this is going to be an Allies and 12oz. prophet collective.

sounds grrrrrrrrrrrrrreat!

shouldnt it already be out though, iv never seen it anywhere.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by boogie hands

i love turntablists like i love waking up to next to fat girls.....

See my reply to ceptone.. i think that somes up what I wanted to say..

mabey if kids would focus on learning how to become actual djs before they went off and tried to be qbert i would be more into it.....i guess that wouldnt be hip hop enough though

Hmmm maybe if other kids stopped shooting their mouths off on shit that they obviously know nothing about... I guess that wouldn't be hypocritical enough though :rolleyes:

keep eating..

Originally posted by avils

Hmmm maybe if other kids stopped shooting their mouths off on shit that they obviously know nothing about... I guess that wouldn't be hypocritical enough though :rolleyes:

keep eating..

i think boggie hands is right i own turntables and i hate it when kids come to my house rip records and deside they love it and what to shovel all the money out i tell them dont do it just for that you have to acaully like alot of music or its just a waste of time....//...

Originally posted by ceptone

i think boggie hands is right i own turntables and i hate it when kids come to my house rip records and deside they love it and what to shovel all the money out i tell them dont do it just for that you have to acaully like alot of music or its just a waste of time....//...

What he's saying is, if you like like scratching, or beat juggling or whatever, then you shouldnt take it up because you're biting qbert or d-styles or flare or who the fuck ever.. does that mean that if I want to learn guitar then I shouldn't because hendrix and van halen and clapton and santana have already done all the mad shit before ? See how fucken stupid his argument is ?

Let peeps do what they want... quit hatin. You don't just start off being an expert at something do you ? no, you start off at the same stage like we all did.. go to someones house, play on their 1200's, get a taste for it, save up every spare dollar you have then go buy some second hand decks and so on..

avils1210 _Defender of the Skeratchhhh_

I agree with both Avils and Boogie on this one.

Avils is totally on point.

Boogie, I totally see what you are saying I know a shit load of kids that can scratch well but such at everything else, can't mix, beta match, juggle, they just suck. So yeah, learn how to mix first, get good at it, then learn to scratch.

Not only can I scratch, I can mix, one step closer to being God.

Sorry I am drunk.

well i dont think you can say that about a magizine dedicated to turntablism. whats so bad about that.

when a graff mag comes out do you go...oh great more cope wannabes trying to do something...no.

so dont hate.

and about djing, i think its got to the point where it can go both ways.

if your into the club thing and you like scratching / juggling thats dope.

but if you get into djing by seeing a dj video or some qbert stuff and what you wanna do is scratch and juggle but your not really into the club stuff thats dope too.

who can really say what is what with djing, no one really has the right to go, oh you wanna dj you have to do it this way.

when i use to skateboard i really only skated street becuase thats what i liked. but people who skated vert and pool didnt go, oh your retarted you started skating and jumped straight to street without even learning the basics of vert and pool yet thats so corny.

same thing.

its also like attacking people who start hiphop threads here, this is channel zero, general disscussion no graff content...yet everyone says keep hiphop away blah blah.

i dont see people doing that to every other thread. oh what the fuck bike riding god you guys are so trendy blah blah go find a bike riding thread no one cares about that..

(i have nothing against bike riding, i used to have a mongoose myself, it was just an example.sayword.)

Originally posted by avils

What he's saying is, if you like like scratching, or beat juggling or whatever, then you shouldnt take it up because you're biting qbert or d-styles or flare or who the fuck ever..

alright....you must be completly lack comprehension skills so ill explain.....

ive been to enough shows, battles, etc with half ass turntablists who besides floundering every single move also couldnt move a crowd to save their lives. ive seen kids who were asking for tips a year ago, on stage trying to be the DMC world champ (thats speaking figurativly in case you didnt catch it). as far as im concerned if you dont have 6 years or more under your belt being a DJ...not a turntablist....a DJ, then you have no buisness getting on stage attempting to be anything else but a DJ....play the fucking records and learn your shit. im not going to sit here and pull my dick out via the internet but believe me, i have a very good understanding of what im talking about....try to refrain from being an ass from now on

as far as im concerned if you dont have 6 years or more under your belt being a DJ...not a turntablist....a DJ, then you have no buisness getting on stage attempting to be anything else but a DJ

so a-trak should have stayed in the basement instead of taking the world champs?

i dont agree with that, you should be a dj for atleast 6 years before you try to enter battles and get on stage and what not...

i mean if you think your good enough then do what you want, fuck what everyone else thinks, if you lived life like that you might not get very far, waiting for everyones approval to do things..

but i do agree you should step to the battle with skills..

which is why im not battling at the moment. im giving myself a good 3 years or so more.. (by battles i ment like dmc and the other biggins...if there was local type battles here i would enter them now, but for the majors i know i need to come correct.)

also atrak is good.

the exeption....not the rule....

go find another A trak and you can win the argument....

If you got your head out of your ass for a second you would see that there's 1000 A traks out there.. you just too busy saying they can't beatmatch (sooooo fucken hard :rolleyes: ) and tweak cut-off's and trim knobs and therefore aren't 'real' djs... respec mon, respec.

You blind baby, you blind.

hahahha.....alright avils, that last post just sucked....if you want to keep arguing youll have to do better than that....regardless of how you all want to nitpick everything i say you know im right, mabey some people can get really good in 4 years, it may take some 8, my general point is right though....

and no avils, beatmatching isnt hard (though you wouldnt guess it by listening to a lot of people) but putting together a good set with smooth transitions takes a certain amount of talent....

hahahha.....alright avils, that last post just sucked....if you want to keep arguing youll have to do better than that....mabey some people can get really good in 4 years, it may take some 8, my general point is right though....

On the contrary, my dear Boogie. I think I raise a very valid point and one that you seem to keep avoiding.. show me the "Rules and Regulations for Turntablists" book, and tell me where it says you need 'years of experience' to be 'good'and while you're at it show me the chapter that refers to somebody not being a 'dj' unless they have mastered every aspect of djing.. what's that ? you've misplaced your copy of it ? damn.. guess we'll have to wait them ;)

im speaking generaly....it will take 95 precent of the people who start djing between 4 and 6 years to reach the level of a talented dj, why i mentioned that in the first place is due to the large amount of completly horrible djs i have seen playing in clubs, as a general rule of thumb i think you should wait a certain amount of time....at two years i though i was worthy of playing a club, good thing i didnt decide to do that because at 4 years i looked back on those tapes and realized i would have had no place in a club, even then i waited for 6 years to come around before i made my move....thankfully for me i waited and instead of the now all too common "that kid got pretty good...i saw him a year ago and he was horrible, i left the room" that i hear people saying about other djs i got the "that kids is good...who is he?". if more djs would come out of the box club ready instead of honing there skills in front of an audience (which i personally dont want to hear) i wouldnt be such a dick about it but i dont go to clubs to hear johnny-come-latley dj trying to learn how to make smooth transitions while hes on stage.....its getting old.

as for the later, thats just my opinon, i think a dj needs a good understanding of all aspects in order to put together a good set, im not trying to label anyone a "fake dj" or a "real dj"....its just a matter of preference. you can make beethovens 5th symphony out of a KC and the Sunshine band record and a copy of Super Duck Breaks but if you cant pull off a decent set in a club then thats silly, kids want to be superstars before learning the basics and judging by what i come across thats all to evident....

From the gentleman at the-allies.com -

-=-=

2002/01/02 TABLIST will be ready to go in the next few days. Don't miss out, we anticipate a mass amount of orders, so be sure to check the site daily and be the first to order it. We could update the site at anytime during the day, even in the late hours of the night, so be sure to check very often or you might just miss out on your chance to be one of the first to receive your copy! Oh yeah, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

-=-=

oh sure.. i don't mind.. needles

Archived