street cars/trams/straßenbahns/tranvias...

El Mas Sucio De Todos

hmmm... i have always been into trams or street cars or whatever you wanna call them. every time i go to a city that has them i take pictures and shit. my dad, actually is writting a book about them in South America in the 1940s and 50s. but anyway, now that im here in europe again and i have fallen in love with the new sraßenbahns in vienna designed by Porsche (they sit so low it looks like they hover! check them out http://public-transport.net/bim/Austria/Wi...lf/UlfRemis.jpg), i was wondering if anyone out there has hit one. im sure its been done, but any good stories? id like to see some in Berlin, since their streetcars are that dope yellow... anyway, any nerdy type comments also welcome. im bored.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Im a big fan of streetcars too, I totally fell in love with the ones that criss cross amsterdam, and the ones that I saw in Zurich Switzerland were pretty nice too.. I dont think that I saw even a tag on any of them. There is a pretty neat video out by herron rail video on streetcars in the river city (Louisville, ky).. its pretty interesting historically.. and when is that book by your dad due out and whats it going to be called? sounds interesting.

MAN! just today i got a chance to take the illest flicks of all the vienna streetcars. i found a dope spot with a Y crossing with some old building (i think its the old state library or something) as a background. i sat there and waited for the right moment and snapped a flick of a state tram (cream and blue), an old red/white city one and a brand new red/black one. all in one shot! i really wish i had my good camera with me, but still...

i have no idea what my dad's book's gonna be called, he doesnt even know if the finished book will be in english or spanish. he's writting it in english right now. its actually pretty specific to Bogota tramways. i know that the guy who's helping him with it has written a few books about them in other southamerican cities. this dude has a site, too, ill email my dad and ask him for the URL.

rock...

Originally posted by Jewish Task Force

Its all about the guy that does the big ass Birds in Vienna. 1999

yeah, that dude birds is one of the few people i have seen up this time around. Vienna used to be pretty hit last time i was here in 99, but there is only a few people bombing anymore around here. but i did see a few big birds and a few of his tags...

Guest THE LAW

1. birds is a crew. and undeniably dope.

2. the streetcars in Vienna are sick. THE LAW was able to snap a couple flicks of them on a vacation from the court.

3. light rail (streetcar type lines) is making a resurgence in several american cities and most all of them have been painted.

yes..there is a light rail here that has been painted..

i think maybe some stuff actually ran on it too..they had to send the cars uptown for the buff....so it may have run once.

Originally posted by THE LAW

1. birds is a crew. and undeniably dope.

2. the streetcars in Vienna are sick. THE LAW was able to snap a couple flicks of them on a vacation from the court.

3. light rail (streetcar type lines) is making a resurgence in several american cities and most all of them have been painted.

Yes Birds is a crew in Copenhagen which this guy is in, therefore he does big birds. I know this because I painted the Vienna subway with the guy. Great guy, we had a hell of a night that night. Vienna is a great place.

Archived