Triumph is going to destroy the 'BUSA :(

kingkongone

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
The insurance companies were 100% involved in creating the aca.

I can'y say that I paid a ton of attention to what Obama was doing at that time but am finding it hard to believe that insurance companies, who have traditionally refused pre-existing conditions, would willingly start taking them all as well as having to cover some basic benefits that they wouldn't before. Not sure that forcing everyone to get insurance would somehow outweigh that so curious where your info comes from? I don't need exact references or links or anything.

• Like 1

I can certainly point to a myriad of past actions from Hillary that would suggest she is more of a war monger.

I'm calling you on that. Please, go ahead and list some.

Do you even live in america?

Neither of us do but you have to take into account that we are largely discussing US foreign policy here and that is something the rest of the world has great experience in.

Secondly, the US is the greatest influencer of all the nations in the world and therefore we all watch pretty closely what happens there - your domestic politics also effects us in regards to economics, culture and many other variables. Lastly, I worked for a US company for 7 years (not a multinational like Coke or McD's or anything but a medium sized business that had a bunch of offices overseas), which meant I spent a lot of time in the US, got paid in USD, worked with US clients and met with other govt folk working on US policies and laws. Lastly, my sister is a US citizen and works in a place where local to state level policies are her bread and butter. So I'm going to be bold enough to speak as if I'm qualified enough (more than many Americans I've met, just as many Americans are more qualified than Aussies to discuss my own country and region) to have a valid and credible opinion of presidential politics in the USofA.

Not going to talk for Pro and I don't really agree with a lot of his political views (I think he might be a Mason....) but he's never come across to me as if he's talking out of his arse.

Trying to find a source that isn't obvious bias. I think this isn't bad a blow by blow of Hillarys enthusiasm for war. Hope it is impartial enough.

http://foreignpolicy.com/2016/07/27/hillary-the-hawk-a-history-clinton-2016-military-intervention-libya-iraq-syria/

And for fun

http://redalertpolitics.com/2016/06/06/millennials-guide-hillary-clintons-pro-war-foreign-policy/

Hua, i was asking that not in a sense that people not from here aren't allowed to talk about whats going on, or what qualifies or doesn't qualify you to speak on u.s matters, I asked that more in a sense that if from here, getting our news coverage and seeing protests first hand and being involved in them, and yada yada the impact that it really has. The shit storm that Trump has created.

The fact that people truly believe Trump is a better candidate than Hillary is Truly mind fucking.

Among this morning's headlines are claims by NK that the CIA has a plot of how to kill KJU. I found this semi amusing as I imagine the CIA has plots of how to eliminate most foreign leaders, friendly or not.

The ongoing conversations here and elsewhere on who is worse, Trump or Clinton, were and still are laughable to me. Both are complete turds, Clinton might just be a better polished turd but shit is still shit even if you shine it up. I also think you have to look beyond policy to things like who do they accept money from and give it to, who are some of their supporters, what foreign connections do people like Clinton have, etc. Again, I didn't support either candidate.

• Like 1

Ha I saw that OMB and thought largely the same. Which is kind of fucked up don't you think? Everyone is like well this America we're talking about, if they wanted him dead he'd be dead. That thought alone is enough to tickle the senses.

Also generally people that are protesting are the least likely to be able to apply critical thinking towards ongoing issues and events. We get it, you've made your mind up. Yelling at everyone until they agree with you does nothing but feed division from my point of view. Which is all that this is, my point of view.

Nothing more.

Not saying that's you TomsMum but it's been my experience.

I'm glad I don't have a dog in the fight. I'm glad I live in a country rated 6th in the world for human freedom while the USA ranks somewhere in the twenties.

I really feel for you.

Also while I have basically run out of steam on having an opinion on anything these days, from the early readings of what they just passed re the aha - if mental health is truly taking that big of a hit then I have no idea what the impact will be long term on your society.

I don't think it's fucked up, it's how the CIA operates. I mean they have that book that details other countries resources and shit which pretty much tells you they're looking around at everyone else thinking what potential value do these places hold for us if we disrupt and/or acquire. I imagine that we virtually have the technology to watch KJU take his morning shit every day from space, and we could probably drop a bomb on him at any time we want. But- the American goverment is ultra concerned with face/image, I imagine they would rather get someone of Korean blood to do the dirty work for them, and then probably kill them to keep it from getting out. And we have to worry about Russia too before making any moves.

Ironic view on protestors since you are THE Protestor, no? Lol. There's probably room for some degree of extreme thinking on a lot of issues, I mean people have shit that they hold dear and personal for their reasons and we're just not all going to meet in the middle on everything. However, there is evidence that when you have two opposing views, especially extreme views, the most you will get is moderate change where each side is willing to give in only a little to reach an agreement. Doesn't accomplish much. Dickhead congressmen love to stall shit forever, then reach one of these barely budging agreements, and then appear together before the American people acting as if they accomplished something together. Sickens me. There is also evidence though that when two opposing sides are given equal power/status, and they have to work together to achieve a common desirable goal, they can pretty much make that happen. The unfortunate part of American politics is that people no longer know how to work together, it's all about holding a party line, and Americans generally accept this with little protest. I've voted one party my whole life, but at this point, I'm more likely to choose an independent, and probably more likely to view an independent as a bit more real.

We were already fucked on mental health a long time ago, things can only get worse if they make cuts to something that really needed an increased budget years ago. Essentially a lot of state run services, including hospital and residential programs, were shut down maybe 15-20 years ago. A lot of those people ended up under bridges, in the woods, along RR tracks, and a lot ended up in prison systems not equipped to handle that population. They also cut length of stay for serious shit like suicide attempts, so you can try to kill yourself today, get hospitalized tonight, and quite possibly be released in the morning with nothing having changed. That is true insanity.

I can see how being an American would make it difficult to understand the dis-ease the rest of the world might feel at the statement that the Cia are spying on absolutely everyone and could easily kill any world leader they want. I doubt it's face or image I think the reason might start with a big C and 3nd in hina.

And yes I am still theprotest. If anything I'd be out there in the streets at your government admitting they are spying in everyone to the extent that they can't even accurately tell you who, where or even why people are being spied upon. Your personal freedoms have been steadily repealed and everyone seems to want to argue about what toilet they can use.

I completely agree on toeing the party line. Hillary says she was only toeing the party line when she voted for the Iraq war.

• 2 months later...

US killing 16 Afghan police?

American cop killing an Australian yoga instructor and refusing to give a statement to the police investigation?

The FBI turning over 7,000 emails from Weiner's laptop, which links to the state department apparently all the while having the 33,000 emails wiped from Clintons server?

US killing 16 Afghan police?

American cop killing an Australian yoga instructor and refusing to give a statement to the police investigation?

The FBI turning over 7,000 emails from Weiner's laptop, which links to the state department apparently all the while having the 33,000 emails wiped from Clintons server?

Healthcare?

Can't trust the govt.

Aus lives matter? Apparently, not.

We already know Hillary is crooked, as most politicians are. Someone does need to prove it, but what are we missing going on in govt in the meantime? This, healthcare, a divided congres that can't seem to accomplish much, it's unintentional and intentional smoke and mirrors for other shit.

• Like 1

So much in the news cycle, what has caught your eye?

Spent the week thinking of an answer and couldn't come up with one. However, the past week only seems to reinforce my thoughts.

I agree with Jim Clapper, if at this point in your term if your still playing musical deck chairs on your titanic administration then your foundation is likely built on sand.

For me this is very interesting as Trump is not the problem, he's just the symptom of a broken system. He thinks that an absolutely new approach is the answer (he's also narcissistic and naive enough to think that HE himself is that change), when it's not. Like anything that has been done a thousand times over the best approach is to retain what works and jettison what does not.

Trumps problem is that he's too arrogant to have done his homework and now he's beset by rookie mistakes. Americas problem is that other seasoned players see this and are positioning themselves in response, case in point is Russia, they were even ahead of the curve.

A successful operation doesn't see staff turnover or even the levels of damage control like we're seeing with this crew. We may not be seeing the effects yet but I believe that we are well and truly off the rails already.

Who's fault is it?

Every administration before the current.

• Like 1

At this point I'm just taking it for what it is. A clusterfuck.

I feel for all my American friends. I really do.

The Mooch is hilarious.

The failed healthcare bill is tragic no matter who or what you support.

Don't kill yourself over the Hillary stuff. She is basically irrelevant but I expect more random legal stuff with her name vaguely referenced in it popping up periodically like the odd fresh piece of meat being thrown to rabid dogs.

I feel for all my American friends. I really do.

Whilst the American public get the double whammy of domestic and international they ain't Robby Caruso in this train wreck. We all get a laugher full of this shitamite sanga.

Our own fuckeits seem destined to ignore all the warnings in plotting a similar course of incompetent fuckwittery. Pauline is our own Donny on the horizon. I don't think she'll ever be PM but god forbid she ever holds the balance of power. Respect to her for wanting the best and having more conviction than most but leaders also need smarts, knowledge, humility, literacy, etc to be great, otherwise their just another Amin, Doc, Franco, Adolph, Chavez, Duterte, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

If the US is going to war in North Korea, nobody told the US military

By: David B. Larter  

https://www.defensenews.com/global/a...News%20Roundup

WASHINGTON -- If you watch cable news or follow the president’s Twitter feed, you might be under the impression that the U.S. is heading to war with North Korea. But somebody, it seems, forgot to loop in the U.S. military.

North Korea is threatening to launch missiles toward Guam; U.S. President Donald Trump tweeted Friday morning that military options were “locked and loaded;” NBC News ran a story Wednesday claiming the U.S. had ”prepared a plan” to strike North Korean missile sites with B-1 bombers.

But while the rhetoric is nearing a fever pitch in D.C., out in the Pacific you’d never know the world was on the brink of nuclear war.

In Yokosuka, Japan, the U.S. Navy’s forward-deployed ready aircraft carrier USS Ronald Reagan sits peacefully pier-side, along with the U.S. 7th Fleet command ship Blue Ridge. On the Korean Peninsula, the State Department has not advised American citizens to leave the country and U.S. military family members are not being evacuated. No Marines are being loaded on amphibious ships; no sailors have been recalled off leave to prepare for emergency operations; and no ballistic missile defense ships have been sortied to North Korea, the waters off Japan or to Guam, three sources said.

The frenzied rhetoric being propelled by the president’s words and fed back by the news cycle is, for the second time this year, failing to match what’s actually happening, sources told Defense News.

Publicly, the U.S. military is saying that the United States maintains a high state of readiness to respond to any attacks.

“We always maintain a high state of readiness and have the capabilities to counter any threat, to include those from North Korea,” Marine Lt. Col. Christopher Logan said in a statement.

But privately, military and U.S. officials are hard-pressed to avoid a sense of déjà vu. In April, a confusing statement from U.S. 3rd Fleet about the carrier Carl Vinson led the news media and, it seemed, the White House to believe the ship was steaming full-speed toward North Korea to send a message.

A series of confusing statements from the Pentagon and the White House sent world leaders and the media into a frenzy that only abated after Defense News reported that the carrier was not headed to North Korea but was, in fact, thousands of miles away in the Indian Ocean.

The current flare-up is the latest example of the war rhetoric far outpacing the facts on the ground, a U.S. official said on background Friday morning.

“This may come as a shock, but the rhetoric doesn't match reality,” a U.S. official said. ”[i’m] worried about a ‘Guns of August’ scenario, where we stumble into a conflict,” referring to the popular history book of World War I that argued the war happened because of a series of diplomatic miscues.

Out at U.S. Pacific Command, or PACOM, the command that would lead any attack on North Korea, its situation normal, according to a source familiar who spoke on background.

“Nobody at PACOM is setting their hair on fire; its calm and professional,” the source said. ”It‘s really D.C. rhetoric that’s driving this whole thing.”

The latest war frenzy was kicked off by a story in the Washington Post on Aug. 8 that reported U.S. intelligence has concluded in a new assessment that North Korea had managed to miniaturize a nuclear warhead, a key step in being able to threaten the U.S. mainland with an intercontinental ballistic missile.

That evening, Trump was asked about the report and responded by implying he would order military action if North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un continued with his bellicose rhetoric.

"North Korea best not make any more threats to the United States,” Trump told reporters. “They will be met with fire and the fury like the world has never seen.”

B-1 bombers over Korea?

A good example of the tension and sensitivity around Korea was on example Friday afternoon, when the Korean analyst community was paying careful to the flights of any B-1 Lancer bombers stationed as Andersen Air Force Base, Guam.

An Aug. 9 statement from the North Korea KCNA newswire, a public mouthpiece for Pyongyang, specifically stated that the military is considering firing near Guam in order to “contain the U.S. major military bases on Guam including the Anderson Air Force Base in which the U.S. strategic bombers, which get on the nerves of the DPRK and threaten and blackmail it through their frequent visits to the sky above south Korea, are stationed and to send a serious warning signal to the U.S.”

While the B-1 Lancer is no longer nuclear capable, analysts who closely monitor KCNA statements believe the “strategic bomber” phrase here is a reference to the planes, and raised concerns that further B-1 flights might be seen as a trigger for North Korea to initiate another missile launch. The U.S. has flown B-1s near Korean airspace in the past as a show of force.

On Friday, tweets citing publicly available aviation data seemed to indicate a pair of B-1s were just returning from a run into South Korea. The timing of those flights coincided with video, released on the Pentagon-run DVIDs site, showing two B-1s taking off at Anderson and marked as having launched on Aug. 11, leading to a rash of questions about whether the U.S. had purposefully challenged North Korea on that issue.

However, a U.S. Air Force spokesperson said the B-1s have not flown missions over the Korean peninsula since Aug. 7, a day before Trump’s “fire and fury” comments helped ramp up tensions between the United States and North Korea.

“The B-1s at Andersen routinely fly a variety of mission profiles across the Indo-Asia-Pacific,” said Maj. Phil Ventura, a spokesman for Pacific Air Forces. “They did not fly any sorties yesterday from Andersen into Korean airspace. Last mission that fit that profile was the Aug 7 bilateral with Japanese and then Korean air forces.”

Asked specifically if any B-1s had flown over the Korean peninsula in the last 36 hours, Ventura said no.

Situations such as that, and the speed of the escalating crisis, has stunned veterans of the executive branch.

“We went from 0 to 100 miles per hour because somebody decided it was a good idea to tell the Washington Post about an ... intelligence assessment and the president reacted to the story in the media,” said one former Obama administration official who spoke on background.

What’s even more galling is that nothing has substantially changed in the situation with North Korea that would have precipitated the escalating rhetoric other than Trump’s reaction to a news report, the source said.

“We‘ve known for years that Kim Jong Un has sought to miniaturize nuclear warheads,” the source said. ”What we are seeing is how echo-chamber of hyperbole can spin out of control to the point where the entire Korean Peninsula is on the edge of a nuclear crisis. That’s the power these leaks have now.”

Valerie Insinna and Aaron Mehta in Washington contributed to this report.

For me that red highlighted area suggests two potential realities: 1 - that Trump can't think past his nose and is running away with events. This I struggle to believe because I think his team would have worked hard to normalise the situation with calming and reassuring comments, but this is not really happenning to the point that you'd expect. 2 - Trump's team leaked the intelligence assessment to WaPo in order to manufacture a crisis to try and save his arse from impeachment. This I struggle to disbelieve, especially given the above article that shows there is no military prep to mirror the diplomatic crisis. And I guess this is the kind of thing that I'm not surprised about since I posted a couple of weeks back that things were heading south quickly. I get a very strong impression that Trump is far more concerned with his presidency than he is with actually leading the nation and that leads a man to take drastic and damaging measures when he is under pressure, as he is with this Russia probe.

Not seeing too much concern in the streets of 'Merica. In a sense, almost feel like people are falling for a (news) story if you want to read all that above. Think people generally realize there is hot air and bullshit behind most of what Trump says but the media plays it up to sell stories. Kind of funny that Trump has shut out the media a lot, has done little with his presidency thus far, yet the media is able to have a field day and maybe covers him more than other presidents (even without the Russia scandal), dude is boosting media sales/views intentionally or not.

Didn't read most of the above story but also funny that it's a media story saying how no one knows about an attack on Korea..... like there haven't been plans in place for that for decades or as if something like that would be announced in advance for all to know.

Sometimes I wonder if Trump is really that dumb or if he's colluding with the CIA and other govt agencies to allow them to do whatever they want behind his distractions. It's a good cover- he spit in the face of his intelligence agencies, looks like there's a rift between them, in the meantime they're off disrupting other countries or doing who knows what to the American public. But then again, even without some conspiracy I could see the CIA off doing that if there is a real rift there.

Final thought... sometimes I've thought that Trump might be the most honest pres we've had. When he says fake news, he is sometimes correct, and while the CIA has used fake news across the globe for decades he might be the first political jerkoff to publicly acknowledge that it exists and gets used right here at home.

Didn't read most of the above story but also funny that it's a media story saying how no one knows about an attack on Korea..... like there haven't been plans in place for that for decades or as if something like that would be announced in advance for all to know.

Don't mean to be a dick but that's not how it works, mate. Firstly, of course there are plans on the shelf for a war on the Peninsula just as there are plans for all kinds of shit. Defence always has to be prepared for plausible scenarios, that is standard but not what is being discussed here.

Secondly, it's not that there are no announcements of war but there are no actions that indicate mobilisation or even heightened alert. Take the lead up to the Gulf Wars I & II, you see huge amounts of preparations from the cancellation of leave for active service, call ups for reserves, national guard running exercises, heightened security on strategic targets and command nodes, stockpiling of resources such as fuels and such, etc. etc. I used to work for an organisation that a large amount of service men subscribed to, we had to have a chat to US Defence about opsec as whenever a unit was put on standby they'd shut down all of their email addresses. All of a sudden we'd get a large portion of bouncebacks when we sent out analysis and that way we always knew which units were mobilising, which can offer insights on what is happening and where. It's that kind of activity that occurs whenever there are real plans for action or genuine concerns of conflict. None of that seems to be happening right now, according to that article and that is a leading organisation for that kind of information.

Sometimes I wonder if Trump is really that dumb or if he's colluding with the CIA and other govt agencies to allow them to do whatever they want behind his distractions. It's a good cover- he spit in the face of his intelligence agencies, looks like there's a rift between them, in the meantime they're off disrupting other countries or doing who knows what to the American public. But then again, even without some conspiracy I could see the CIA off doing that if there is a real rift there.

I was fortunate to work along side Jim Capper for a while recently, now that he is a civilian. After discussions with him I have zero doubt that there is a very deep rift between the intelligence community and the President. Trump doesn't seem to understand that the intelligence community aren't his personal tools to direct for political purposes and that pressure causes folk to push back. Although, he's not the first politician in any country to behave like that, Cheney comes to mind as do some others in my own country.

Final thought... sometimes I've thought that Trump might be the most honest pres we've had. When he says fake news, he is sometimes correct, and while the CIA has used fake news across the globe for decades he might be the first political jerkoff to publicly acknowledge that it exists and gets used right here at home.

You've had the National Enquirer, Fox News and god knows how many other left and right biased orgs for how many decades now? C'mon dude, fake news is as old as news itself. During the Cold War it was called propaganda and there was no denying from either side that they used it against each other and with their own population.

And let's not forget, the current rash of fake news began with the side supporting Trump - you know, pizza shops running child porn gigs for the Clintons and all that silly shit? I mean there mountains of analysis by reputable orgs that have traced the fake news back to Russian stooges in places like Romania and so on that were doing either to fuck Hillary's chances or simply to make advertising dollars. Fake news is nothing even close to new, it's just a new term for propaganda. It's as old as information itself, read The Art Of War by Sunzi, it's all about deception and knowledge - same shit and I don't think it's ever been a secret, right?