those pole smokers 'the strokes' are on SNL

seeking

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Hahaha my friend Kristal just said something about them being on there. She said they are "emo boy" music and that the reason why everyone likes them is cause the lead singer is kinda cute. I've never seen these guys or heard them play. But the way everyone swing off their nutts I'm sure they suck.

Guest GoBiloe

what the fuck??! the strokes aren't emo at all... you all clearly don't know shit about music.

(i don't like emo, for the record.)

but the strokes sound like garage rock, not emo. jesus fucking christ... the people throwing around the term emo today should really know more about what they are talking about.

and the strokes can suck my dick. i don't dislike their sound, but they are total rockstars and didn't have to work for their sucess, so fuck em.

haha i rule.

Originally posted by XMartyrX

Hahaha my friend Kristal just said something about them being on there. She said they are "emo boy" music and that the reason why everyone likes them is cause the lead singer is kinda cute. I've never seen these guys or heard them play. But the way everyone swing off their nutts I'm sure they suck.

oh shut your fudging faces you sissy wankers. i like these guys and their music is great. just because said gents parents got him a record deal doesn't make them suck. i'm sure i'd still be listening to them on an indie label if that weren't the case.

the strokes are not emo in any way at all...

iv only heard one song, the one they have the video for. its actually good.

the first time i heard it i was like well its ok..but it really does grow on you.

and who cares if his parents got him the deal..really no one gets a deal from hardwork and sounding good. i was watching mtv and they were syaing like...the guitarist from this band is the drummer from this bands brother, and this band heres guitarist is the singer from this bands brother and so on...

getting a label has nothing to do with musical ability. it has to do with who you know and what you look like. so basically if your gonna attack the strokes for that you pretty much need to attack every artist out...

no i know there are very very very very few that may have actualy got it on their own but you get what im saying.

Guest ctrl+alt+del
Originally posted by DITDxCULT

Tenacious D should've played insead of the strokes.

KG's flute solo just left me wanting more..

Jack Black did a good job, even though the writers on SNL are lame at times.

agreed, jack black is the greatest band of all time

Originally posted by Santa Claus

yea, i hate how the strokes are emo and linkin park is hardcore.

I hear that on linkin park...they are such a fucking plastic production.

Before last night I had heard of the strokes but I never heard their music..I must admit they do appear slightly 'rock starish'..... but I do like the song they hit.

Archived