BEFORE AND AFTER FR8S...

Guest THEBLACKESTWHITEGUY

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I like this thread as a demonstration of what happens when you hit the numbers. Maybe more people will begin to realize, if you paint over the numbers, you'll get stamped.

It's a shame Nace never paid attention to the numbers, a lot of his shit is getting stamped. (That Mayhem has nothing to do with numbers - Tropicana buffs everything hard.)

Guest 5th wheel

man you got some good posts...very creative..and that mayhem tropicana...looks like the buffer was just havin fun or something....nice.

.."post more...you're good at it!"

Originally posted by 5th wheel

..and that mayhem tropicana...looks like the buffer was just havin fun or something....

Not at all. Some people still aren't convinced, but I'll say it again: metallics are not durable. The weather alone kills metallics in a fairly short time, especially cheaper brands like walmart. (Better silvers will persist for a while as grays after they lose their luster, but still vanish in the end.)

So the buff met up with several juxtaposed paints of drastically different durability. The silver came right off, but the black (and yes, I'd bet $$ it was Rustoleum) stuck fast.

Originally posted by Cracked Ass

Not at all. Some people still aren't convinced, but I'll say it again: metallics are not durable. The weather alone kills metallics in a fairly short time, especially cheaper brands like walmart. (Better silvers will persist for a while as grays after they lose their luster, but still vanish in the end.)

So the buff met up with several juxtaposed paints of drastically different durability. The silver came right off, but the black (and yes, I'd bet $$ it was Rustoleum) stuck fast.

THE BLACK WAS KRYLON SEMI FLAT BLACK...

Originally posted by Fox Mulder

i could show a before and after of a dissed fr8 but a certian someone ripped it up when i showed it to them. yea i know you'll read this.lol

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA. That shit was so funny. "Hey Fox, lemme see that freight again. *RIP RIP RIP*" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sad to see the Tropicanas are going to the buff. :huh?:

Wait, who are these fucks singing gay new age rock infront of graff on the LA river? Sorry, for saying this, it's on the TV.

Originally posted by Serkoff

and what would explain the scrub marks around the piece??

That's what "buff" is...there are several approaches. Perhaps a graffiti removal solution was sprayed on the whole piece and scrubbed with abrasive cloths, or a mechanical buffer was used, like a power sander but with a spinning disc of something like tougher steel wool or wire. Either way, the results were these: the silver came off easily, the black (which I'm surprised to learn is Krylon semi flat, rather than Rusto) was unaffected due to better durability, and the background (the train's original paint job) got somewhat lighter where it was scrubbed.

Technical/grammatical note: the word "buff" means to polish a surface with a scrubbing or other frictional motion. (It was most commonly used in reference to gemstones.) That (plus chemical paint removers) are what people use when they want to restore the original surface. If they don't want to be bothered, they just paint over it - which we also refer to as "buffing", but the English language has yet to validate our expanded definition.

Archived