Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Brink

Books

So I just recently got Juxtapoz-Illustration, and Jessica Hische-In Progress

Im looking for other art/design/photography books, any suggestions?

I recently browsed through a book called Wanderings, but it was such a thought challenger that I realized so much of my youth was owed to Jews, since I had a lot of them as false familial friends, or however an educated person would say, my mom's friends and their kids.

Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to say is, don't become what you think your future girlfriends would want you to be, especially if they are Berkeley educated photographers, with red lipstick.

I recently browsed through a book called Wanderings, but it was such a thought challenger that I realized so much of my youth was owed to Jews, since I had a lot of them as false familial friends, or however an educated person would say, my mom's friends and their kids.

Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to say is, don't become what you think your future girlfriends would want you to be, especially if they are Berkeley educated photographers, with red lipstick.

well thanks, i just wanted some good book titles to check out though

I recently picked up Imaginative Realism by James Gurney. Definitely recommend it for anyone who gives a shit about illustration or just picture making in general. Dude is a beast with oils.

I got this book about graffiti with a ski mask on the front of it I don't remember what it is called but it is a pretty good book,

Truth. I grabbed that last year, one of the best books I've grabbed in years.

Any books for interior inspirations? Or is Pinterest better for that?

Not a book publication specifically but I picked up an edition of Dwell magazine for a flight or something awhile back; it's pretty 'design' heavy but was fun to look through and had some real slick interior and exterior designs.

https://www.instagram.com/dwellmagazine/?hl=en

I picked up this issue - it was about those 1960's conversation pits. They're so ridiculous, I want one.

dwl-1504249200-225x300.jpg.3e685971b132bacff5abd0b6231ffbba.jpg

Imaginative Realism by James Gurney is also a good book. You may read also about Artistic Representation: Art & Photography Books 2018. You could learn more from the lists.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now