Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this thread, but I would like some help.

1563407556_20160903_0003551.thumb.jpg.c79166590c2ff859b1c53fd7efee9d99.jpg

How do I make my lines and fills "crisp"?

Also, how do I use less paint? The blue one I did took a whole can of ironlak reload to fill and I still missed spots.

How bad do I suck?

1836709071_20160830_0233291.thumb.jpg.49e2ce502cb253b88fa0e10e6b55ec78.jpg

1592027767_20160902_0341011.thumb.jpg.5c6f74ee0af85b84cb632425acf823d4.jpg

312827118_20160902_2306331.thumb.jpg.d3ee9467e62a4dc32bfe1676340a829c.jpg

1849360813_20160902_2308001.thumb.jpg.511c51adf1583a7fe47239797ae7977d.jpg

• Like 1

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this thread, but I would like some help.

How do I make my lines and fills "crisp"?

Also, how do I use less paint? The blue one I did took a whole can of ironlak reload to fill and I still missed spots.

How bad do I suck?

Brick slayers is mostly for graffiti pictures (which this thread makes sense in it) and this is an issue for the moderators to be concerned about.

Use a fat cap with the fill, also move the can in a consistent line and distance away from the wall.

As far as sucking, just keep trying new stuff on paper and test the better stuff on walls! You'll get better stuff as time passes.

Yes but I sucked before 12oz was on the interwebs and would never

in a million years thought about posting a photo to be published in a mag.

Instant gradifcation generation. You suck - you know it.

Ask a mod to remove this thread and come back in 2-3yrs.

And skip the fucking bandana, no GTF is looking for your whack styles.

• Like 1

Yes but I sucked before 12oz was on the interwebs and would never

in a million years thought about posting a photo to be published in a mag.

Pics or it didn't happen.

• Like 1

Use a fatcap for your fills, dont use Lak for shitty throwies. As for crispness, you get better with practice.

Everyone starts out a toy, if I were you I would stick to being a paper boy for now, cause regardless if you paint you will get shit on

youve gotten some good advice in this thread so far.

here are my recommendations:

Step 1: sketch, sketch, sketch...then when you're tired, sketch some more.....practice tags first....try to get as good as you can with handstyles in your blackbook....then after months (or even a year or two) of that practice throwups...then straight letters...then tweak those...practice funk letters...eventually wildstyle....but this process isnt going to come overnight...seriously, be ready to invest ALOT of time (years)...and even when youre good at piecing, keep your tag, throwup, straight letter, etc talents sharp....all this in sketchbooks..preferably with music..i remember there were times where i would be up literally the entire night (like from 8pm to 6 or 7am) just sketching....another thing that worked out too was when i first started, i was hanging around a crew in my city and we would have "blackbook sessions" where we'd all sit at a table with rap playing in the background and we'd just sketch for hours trying to outdo/battle each other with our names....practice other letters too because sometimes you can see your own letters in these other letters youve sketched....another thing was i was friends with some of the best writers in my city, and looking at their blackbooks would inspire me to sketch and push myself even harder...the goal is to outdo everybody...try to get better than everybody and have that mentality.

Step 2: paint, paint, paint, paint...the more you paint, the "crisper" it will get...you cant get can control over night, but the more you paint, the cleaner you'll be when you paint...learn different painting techniques...shines, shadows, fading, cuting your lines, cleaning your piece up, etc.....its all trial and tribulation...dont just bomb or do tags...try piecing...find a good wall where if youre sketching your piece and fuck up, you can move over a little bit and start sketching again.

Step 3: flick your pieces, but never ever ever pose in your pics....you dont want that incriminating shit around....and dont self promote online...if you get good, other people will flick your shit and post it online for you.

...ive already said too much...when i was coming up, i couldnt just go online and get advice like this...i had to ask other writers that had been around years before me.....these are just some basics...there are tons of things for you to still learn, but like i said before its all trial and error...find what works and improve on it.

• Like 5

Step 3: flick your pieces, but never ever ever pose in your pics....you dont want that incriminating shit around....and dont self promote online...if you get good, other people will flick your shit and post it online for you.

THIS.

• Like 1

youve gotten some good advice in this thread so far.

here are my recommendations:

Step 1: sketch, sketch, sketch...then when you're tired, sketch some more.....practice tags first....try to get as good as you can with handstyles in your blackbook....then after months (or even a year or two) of that practice throwups...then straight letters...then tweak those...practice funk letters...eventually wildstyle....but this process isnt going to come overnight...seriously, be ready to invest ALOT of time (years)...and even when youre good at piecing, keep your tag, throwup, straight letter, etc talents sharp....all this in sketchbooks..preferably with music..i remember there were times where i would be up literally the entire night (like from 8pm to 6 or 7am) just sketching....another thing that worked out too was when i first started, i was hanging around a crew in my city and we would have "blackbook sessions" where we'd all sit at a table with rap playing in the background and we'd just sketch for hours trying to outdo/battle each other with our names....practice other letters too because sometimes you can see your own letters in these other letters youve sketched....another thing was i was friends with some of the best writers in my city, and looking at their blackbooks would inspire me to sketch and push myself even harder...the goal is to outdo everybody...try to get better than everybody and have that mentality.

Step 2: paint, paint, paint, paint...the more you paint, the "crisper" it will get...you cant get can control over night, but the more you paint, the cleaner you'll be when you paint...learn different painting techniques...shines, shadows, fading, cuting your lines, cleaning your piece up, etc.....its all trial and tribulation...dont just bomb or do tags...try piecing...find a good wall where if youre sketching your piece and fuck up, you can move over a little bit and start sketching again.

...ive already said too much...when i was coming up, i couldnt just go online and get advice like this...i had to ask other writers that had been around years before me.....these are just some basics...there are tons of things for you to still learn, but like i said before its all trial and error...find what works and improve on it.

Thanks man. I really don't deserve this advice considering my level of "Toy". I sincerely appreciate it man.

As far as the pics go. Those weren't originally for 12oz. Those were actually taken at a legal wall for my mentor. I was in them so he knew it was me and I wasn't just biting some other guys shit. In retrospect I regret posing in them for a multitude of reasons.. I'm 90% sure the vandal squad messaged me on here the other day asking about crew affiliation (to which I have none). I would like to have them removed, but I don't know how to delete threads. I would like to have all of the threads deleted to be honest. Thinking about making a new account as well. Probably need to find a new name now too. FUCK. God, I feel like a dumbass.

Use a fatcap for your fills, dont use Lak for shitty throwies. As for crispness, you get better with practice.

Everyone starts out a toy, if I were you I would stick to being a paper boy for now, cause regardless if you paint you will get shit on

I have been a "paper boy" for 3 years now, I have 26 sketchbooks full of tags, throws, pieces, and 22 books full of non-graff related realism type stuff from my tattoo apprenticeship. I was just tired of not getting up. The lak was given to me a few weeks ago from my graff mentor before he was actually my mentor. He gave it to me so I could show him what I could do on a wall, considering I had been a paper boy for years now. Have I said this before? I guess I just suck with cans as a medium?

As far as getting shit on, I encourage it. It motivates me.

Thank you for taking time to help guys. Like I said before I know I'm a moron. I'd rather learn before I do something stupid, and that's why I made the thread in the first place. Turns out it was dumb to do that. 100% idiot.

• Like 1

Stop getting so down on yourself man....calling yourself dumbass, moron, idiot is not going to help.

Everyone was toy when they started...hard work and dedication is what caused improvement.

As for a new screenname, you might as well create a new one (since you only have 11 posts). Don't use your graffiti name or area code in your screenname, and dont ever trust anybody that messages you online....matter of fact, dont trust anyone in real life either.....hell, dont even trust me! LOL

Come up with a new name (im pretty sure there are lots of other Maus's out there) made up of letters you enjoy flexing.

By the way, the name Maus reminds me of that comic book about the holocaust....not really a name i'd choose if i were you....best of luck.

• Like 1

That was me that messaged you, because I was curious to who you know and was refering to as this crew leader you know down there in a another thread. I was tryna link you up with somebody solid because I know the guys down there. And also, there's no "vandal squad" in _______.

Rip the homie 2buck.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now