The New Forum

Deine Mudder

@misteraven

So I guess this is the new forum one is experiencing now?

It does look less modern to me; not trying to be funny but I thought "ha, this fits the 'back to the roots' approach!"

To be honest I liked the last revamp, design-wise.

What's the reason for yet another change?

Signing in via the Register / Login button did not work for me, neither does logging out via the Logout button in the top menu.

What are these "trophy points"?

Do we get the rep system back eventually?!

: ]

Cheers.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

^ Wish you had said how you logged in!

I had the same problem, the Register/Log in link did nothing, went to a thread and clicked the link at the bottom that said you had to be logged in to post and was then able to log in.

Also unsure why the format changed, seems a bit more compressed on the screen but I imagine it was done to satisfy all the people who are content with surfing the web on their phones.

For browsing convenience it would be nice if the time/date of someone's post appeared at the top of their post rather than the bottom as in the old forum, that way you don't have to scroll all the way down to find where the newest post begins.

Also want to second what Overtime said about the alerts- would be nice for that to appear at the top of the screen. Someone replied to a conversation I started with them and I had no idea. Less significant but I got a few 'likes' as well, had no idea until I saw them while browsing through.

As with the last roll out I'm going to suggest that if the trophy points don't mean anything then get rid of them. I'm guessing most of us don't bother to look at them much anyhow since they have no value.

Final comment is a general thank you for making the site/forum available. Every time it gets updated there is always a thread of what people don't like about the updates but I think it's because people care about it and appreciate having a place to go online that reps their interests.

You cannot see the new forum unless we've specifically updated your account. The new forum hadn't launched so those seeing are beta testing it after we modified the member account. Obviously the old forum is jacked and we're still finalizing the new one.

Please report any issues or if you need help with anything... info@12ozprophet.com

We'll do what we can to help. Once we officially launch the issues should all be resolved.

• Like 1

^ Wish you had said how you logged in!

I had the same problem, the Register/Log in link did nothing, went to a thread and clicked the link at the bottom that said you had to be logged in to post and was then able to log in.

Also unsure why the format changed, seems a bit more compressed on the screen but I imagine it was done to satisfy all the people who are content with surfing the web on their phones.

I just tweaked your account to see the new forum. Like I said, unless you've requested this and received confirmation about it, you are not seeing the new forum. Also keep in mind the new forum has not launched yet. We are still working on it, so there will be some issues. Obviously when we have them worked out, we'll launch it publicly so everyone can see it.

For browsing convenience it would be nice if the time/date of someone's post appeared at the top of their post rather than the bottom as in the old forum, that way you don't have to scroll all the way down to find where the newest post begins.

Also want to second what Overtime said about the alerts- would be nice for that to appear at the top of the screen. Someone replied to a conversation I started with them and I had no idea. Less significant but I got a few 'likes' as well, had no idea until I saw them while browsing through.

As with the last roll out I'm going to suggest that if the trophy points don't mean anything then get rid of them. I'm guessing most of us don't bother to look at them much anyhow since they have no value.

Final comment is a general thank you for making the site/forum available. Every time it gets updated there is always a thread of what people don't like about the updates but I think it's because people care about it and appreciate having a place to go online that reps their interests.

Yeah man, I greatly appreciate the feedback because it's evident you guys all care and want to see this grow and improve, so don't hesitate to bring things to my attention. Please note that there is an all new website and forum lunching in the coming weeks so no point in calling out issues on the old site / forum. Doing the best I can here, but this is all a labor of love. We don't have a staff of support people and scores of developers. Honestly the majority of the work is my hacking it together with some help from freelancers I hire occasionally out of pocket since in its current form, the site doesn't even begin to pay for its own monthly service fees, let alone planning, design or development.

Regardless, many thanks to you all for sticking through 12ozProphet's dark ages. Hoping our best days are ahead of us and me and a small handful of people, including the moderators, are working hard to make that happen.

• Like 3

Would you consider moving all non graffiti related subforums back into channel zero as it was in the past. There will appear to be more action on the forum as it is concentrated to one area instead of 5 or 6 different non graffiti forums and will also attract more responses as people who visit ch0 and not art or what have you will notice and probably respond to more discussions.

It was a smart move to expand the forum when 12oz was at its peak, but now that it has gone back down fewer options for users would benefit the users that already visit and simplify the choices for users that are new.

• Like 4

Would you consider moving all non graffiti related subforums back into channel zero as it was in the past. There will appear to be more action on the forum as it is concentrated to one area instead of 5 or 6 different non graffiti forums and will also attract more responses as people who visit ch0 and not art or what have you will notice and probably respond to more discussions.

I agree with this......i have to leave ch.0 and go to other sections (ex: entertainment) to look for any new threads and my regular threads (im not big on subscribing to threads)

• Like 1

It was a smart move to expand the forum when 12oz was at its peak, but now that it has gone back down fewer options for users would benefit the users that already visit and simplify the choices for users that are new.

I agree, or, I think a general section homepage, a la reddit or rangefinderforum, where you have all the active threads popping up as new posts are posted, and then you can go into those subsections to look around. I think it would provide more activity. I post in the photography thread, but it is dead slow.