The Where Are They Now, prelude to a 12oz Reunion Thread

misteraven

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Patagonia looks awesome..

Didn't know it's as easy as just dragging an image into the input field either @misteraven - that's neat.

My only gripe with the forum-internal hosting of images is that I can't get the URL of the image to post it elsewhere (is there a trick?)

Yeah, thinking maybe I'll get to build out a tips section or some sort of tutorial. I though everyone knew, but this thread is proving otherwise.

As far as resharing, I'm not sure. It's typically frowned upon as leaching but I'd be happy to look into a share method. Guessing they might have some addon similar to the way YouTube allows for embeds.

Yeah, thinking maybe I'll get to build out a tips section or some sort of tutorial.

..in this particular case it might help a lot if the text input field wouldn't just read "Write your reply..", but "Write your reply / drag an image in this field" or something.

Leeching..

ah, well.. I get the point, but hey - isn't it more like sharing stuff between different forums / social media? Isn't this "normal" nowadays?

..in this particular case it might help a lot if the text input field wouldn't just read "Write your reply..", but "Write your reply / drag an image in this field" or something.

Leeching..

ah, well.. I get the point, but hey - isn't it more like sharing stuff between different forums / social media? Isn't this "normal" nowadays?

Yeah, probably a good suggestion. Probably wise to also put a link to some basic rules together, though that seems to not be a problem with the current state of things. Just so you guys know, the new forum theme is done for all intents and purposes. I'm sure it'll evolve over time, but it's been worked on and tested for months now and the last of my bug list has been completed. Now I need to find some time to wrap up some other areas of the site, but that's mostly about adding in content and not so much development. We also have a mail server setup and once we launch plan to start sending out emails again so would assume it'll start picking back up a bit.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to bump this back up.

Lately we've seen a few OG members pop back up. Was especially psyched to see @Tesseract pop back through. Also, recently helped @-sudz- recover his account though haven't seem him pop back through yet.

No doubt shit remains a bit slow, which hopefully starts picking up once we launch the new forum (DM me if you want to test the new theme), but wondering if we might be able to sort of engineer a bit of critical mass?

Wondering how many people on here currently are in touch with other 12oz members in real life or on social networks? Wondering if there's enough of us on here to reach out and convince 3 - 5 OG members to hop back on and talk shit, if it might be enough to generate enough momentum to accelerate things?

Thoughts on this or another strategy we can test out before we officially relaunch and start blasting out emails and promoting across the 12oz social channels?

Exactly.

Otherwise it will end up with a bunch of people checking in at random times, seeing oontz is dead, and going back to their real lives.

If the update is in place, we can at least trick them into thinking shit's popping off and sticking around long enough to actually get it going again.

Okay, makes sense... Thanks for the honest feedback.

We've discussed an idea called 'thread seeding' for a long time. Basically we develop a list of what we expect to be really compelling content and then assign it to a person to research. Then that person spends however long gathering as many images as possible (at least 300+) as well as any relevant interviews or articles. So basically rather than searching google, you sort of have the best of various google searches consolidated all into one thread for easy viewing. The hope being that it lays a foundation for people to add to it and discuss.

Anyone interested in collaborating on something like this?

Also, keep in mind that we will start emailing people regularly. I already have a mass mail server and campaign software ready to go. No doubt lots of the list is bad, perhaps half or even more, but the list is something like 300,000 deep. Please we have 54,000 IG followers and more so I do think once we get word out, it'll spread pretty quick. But like you guys said, we need to make sure there's plenty of good shit to look at once people stop by or it'll be incrementally harder to get them to come by again.

Was also planning to run a regular series of contests, both on the forum and on social, once we relaunch and once the dust settles from my move.

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry, I'm already betrothed to the truth - http://theflatearthsociety.org/home/

If you google it, you'll find some references to how this was a social experiment conducted at a tech conference sponsored by the NSA. Goal was to see if they could put the most ludicrous shit ever onto the social networks / blogosphere and see if they could get it to gain traction.

Interesting (scary) stuff.

• Like 1

This is the only thing on it being an NSA operation. However it just seems to be one rambling guy talking about Bilderberg and tyrannical world govt and stuff. Is there any actual evidence or only theories and accusations?

http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/2016/01/flat-earth-hoax-began-as-a-ridiculous-farce-to-see-how-gullible-people-would-be-3273014.html

• Like 1

Just read this in a story detailing defence sales for 2016 and made me think of this convo:

Rocco Zaccardi

Sell sell sell!!! Most of these nations won't even know how to use them but sell sell sell!! LOL. Good for the trade balance but they could get into the hands of te'rrrr'orists!

But what the hell, sell!!!

Like · Reply · 2 · Dec 27, 2016 2:50am · Edited

Kanishk Dhanker ·

IGNOU, Indira Gandhi National Open University

Kill switch is a Myth ?

Like · Reply · 1 · Dec 27, 2016 2:03pm

Jan Rodricks ·

Research Associate at University Of Texas

Kill switch story was a cover. The real truth is the satellite-linked mind control enzymes hidden in all us food exports for the past two decades. With the flip of a switch at the CIA HQ in Virginia, any nation can be turned into an American zombie army, forced to do the bidding of their CIA zombie-masters.

Like · Reply · Dec 30, 2016 5:18am